Acer Laptop Keyboard Not Working? How to troubleshoot?
Most of the time Acer laptop keyboard not working. They get stuck during working. Many of the users get irritated when the keyboard stucks. The owners of Acer Aspire laptops can encounter a bothersome issue. This is the issue in which its keypad suddenly stops working. Many of the Different Acer online communities have been harping about this issue. It includes their official forum board.
In case of visiting these websites for a solution. Here we are going to know about the five troubleshooting steps that will help you when your Acer keypad is not working. By using this you can do something about the problem before you decide to throw away your laptop.
To Disable Filter Keys that helps you to resolve Acer Laptop Keyboard Not Working:
The Filter Keys is also the reason for this issue. Because of this feature, they allow your keyboard to ignore repeated or brief strokes. Also, this feature is helpful for people with reflex tendencies to repeat keystrokes. In this case, if this does not describe you then you need to disable the feature.
- First of all, you have to press the Windows key and launch the Settings.
- Then select then Ease of Access from the options.
- You will now go to the Interaction section and then click on the choose Keyboard.
- Now find the Use Filter Keys section. After that turn them off.
Also visit: How to Fix Wsappx High CPU Usage
By using the Update Keypad Drivers:
In case, if you are using an outdated keyboard driver then it should not come as a surprise. Due to this your keypad will eventually stop working. This solution is just a straightforward solution is to update them.
- First of all, you have to start the updates. Then you have to press the Windows key and then launch the Device Manager.
- Then you have to expand the Keyboards.
- Now select a device. You have to right-click on it to reveal a menu. Then select an Update driver.
- Through this, you can also do this with Driver Easy. You just have to download it from its website and then set it up.
- Now click on the Install Now and then wait for it. You have to finish the installation process. After that, you can launch the program.
- But first, allow it to do a Scan. Due to this process, it will make the program analyze your keyboard. Then performing a scan is important to know if you are using the right keyboard driver. In case, if you have the wrong one, the program will uninstall the keyboard driver. You should remember that even if your driver is up-to-date then wrong keyboard driver then it can also be the cause of a non-responsive keypad.
- After that click on the Update button. It will allow you to automatically update your keyboard drivers for you.
- In the end, you have to click on the Update button. This will automatically update your keyboard drivers for you.
How Pinhole Reset can help you to resolve this Acer Laptop Keyboard Not Working:
The main reason for a problematic keypad is that it could also be something in your system. Due to this way they can also fix it that it would be to reset it.
- First of all, you have to find the pinhole reset button on your Acer laptop. Acer S13 Core i7 will come with a picture of what seems to be a battery from a cradle. In the other Acer Aspire units, it is also possible that you find it somewhere else.
- Each and every model of Acer is not designed with a pinhole reset. In this case, if it is not there then don’t worry about it. If you know about it and you see it then press this button. After that hold it for about 5 seconds.
- Now press this button then it will start an internal battery reset.
Also visit: How to Change VirtualBox Host Key
To Reboot Laptop:
The Rebooting process on the laptop is another easy way to fix this problem.
- First of all, you have to start the process. Then you just have to press it and hold your laptop’s power button. After that, you do not let it go until your laptop is completely off.
- Now you can unplug its power cable and remove its battery.
- To start the process, just press and hold your laptop’s power button. Don’t let go until your laptop is completely off. You just have to unplug its power cable then remove its battery.
- More than five seconds leave your laptop as it is. Now plug back in your laptop’s power cable and then return its battery.
- After that turn on your laptop.
How to troubleshoot by Checking For Hardware Issues:
The hardware issues are the culprit if your keyboard suddenly stops working. Because of it a problem you can resolve as long as you are careful.
You just have to remove your laptop cover. Now you can adjust the screws in your laptop using a screwdriver. In case, if you do not think you can do this well then it is recommended to let an expert come in. You just have to inform them of the problem.
The owners of Acer Aspire laptops can encounter a bothersome issue. This is the issue in which its keypad suddenly stops working. Different Acer online communities have been harping about this issue. It includes their official forum board.
Hope you liked this article. If you have any questions feel free to ask in the comment section below.