Benefits Of Jailbreaking iPhone _10 Reasons To Jailbreak
Do you guys know why we jailbreak and what are the benefits of jailbreaking iPhone? If No, then here are some of the guidelines. This has been having a great weekend for the jailbreak community. Most importantly, there are two of the most popular jailbreak tools. The checkra1n and unc0ver. This also picked up the support for Apple’s latest and the greatest iOS/iPadOS 13.5 firmware. Having one question that we have been getting and asked often from both new and veteran jailbreakers. This also alike and goes something like this: “Why should I jailbreak in 2020?”
This is in my own mind that also goes crazy with the endless answers. The reason is that I have been at this for so long. In case, if you are new to the community or also use jailbreaking in the past and went on hiatus. This also seems to go and then stale a few years back. So, I would totally understand that why you might be asking this question right now. In this article, we will discuss at least 10 reasons why I think jailbreaking is still relevant even in 2020.
- 1 Benefits Of Jailbreaking iPhone: The spiel
- 2 Reason To jailbreak in 2020:
- 2.1 Benefits Of Jailbreaking iPhone: The Better web browsing
- 2.2 Benefits Of Jailbreaking iPhone: Less intrusive phone calls
- 2.3 Benefits Of Jailbreaking iPhone: Mac-inspired Guest Mode
- 2.4 The Improved theft protection:
- 2.5 Benefits of jailbreaking iPhone: Having A proper file browser
- 2.6 The Location spoofing:
- 2.7 To Porting iPad power features to iPhone:
- 2.8 The Power features for third-party apps:
- 2.9 The Intelligent device security:
- 2.10 The Endless interface customization:
- 2.11 The Honorable mention
Benefits Of Jailbreaking iPhone: The spiel
So, the very first and the foremost I will also address the other side. Then the one that can also claim the jailbreaking that is dead and then it is not worth it.
If Yes, then iOS 13 also incorporates a lot of features. So, that this also makes the jailbreaking seem like an ancient relic of the past. Then after all of the major novel features that are just like native dark mode. After this, the inclusion of an in-browser download manager and the native file browser makes for compelling cases. You can also add this to the cellular carriers that are becoming laxer on their Personal Hotspot data plans. This will also reduce the demand for tethering tweaks that were once primary driving mechanisms for jailbreaking back in the day.
So, that is not available at the end all then tell all of the jailbreaking stories. Now, This can also continue to be countless benefits to enjoy from jailbreaking iOS 13. This is also a humble jailbreak tweak reviewer then I witness several examples every day. So, that this will also get excited about having a pwned iPhone. Now, I will also mention some of those in this piece.
Reason To jailbreak in 2020:
So, Despite all the gracious changes Apple provided in the massive iOS 13 update last fall. This can still have a multitude of ways so that it can also improve. Now, where the jailbreak tweaks that also come into play. After that, I will attempt to address what I think are some of the most significant examples:
Benefits Of Jailbreaking iPhone: The Better web browsing
The Safari is one of the best web browsers that you can also use on the iPhone. This is even having third-party web browsers from the App Store. Now, merely the Safari web browser wrapped that is in a different skin. This is with the addition and then perhaps niche features baked in.
Also, one of the major downsides to Safari on the iPhone. Although, this is one of the reasons that it seems half-baked. If it can compare to the Safari on the iPad, and with jailbreak tweaks. Now, you can also enable the iPad-esque web browsing features on the iPhone. This is just like tab browsing, tab bar favicons, and so much more. Now, these creatures also comfort and make the experience so much better. The below tweaks is the tweaks that are recently-released:
- A Safari Features – To brings iPad-style tabbed browsing to the iPhone.
- The Safari Electro 2 – To brings iPad-style bookmarks bar, tab bar, web page switcher, & more to the iPhone.
Benefits Of Jailbreaking iPhone: Less intrusive phone calls
There is one thing Apple that also continues to fail and then to improve. This is also having the iPhone’s incoming call interface. Now, the incoming call can quite literally spam. So, your entire iPhone display with an interface where you either accept or decline the phone call. If you are in the middle of something and you don’t want to be rude. Then this can also come off as seriously intrusive.
Then after jailbreaking, you can also take advantage of add-ons to enjoy banner-style incoming call interfaces. Now, these tweaks will also allow you to continue using your phone. This is even if you’re in the middle of receiving a call. So, there is something that I think Apple needs to seriously consider adding to native iOS/iPadOS. Here are the tweaks that are recently-released:
- A CallBar XS – Possibly the most well-known banner-style incoming call interface for jailbroken iPhones.
- The Scorpion – Having a great alternative to CallBar XS with a smaller price tag and generous features.
Benefits Of Jailbreaking iPhone: Mac-inspired Guest Mode
If you want to hand your iPhone off to another to make a phone call. This is for limited access to apps and you are essentially giving them. The carte blanche over your apps and personal privacy. It is unlike the macOS, iOS/iPadOS this does not includes in a limited Guest Mode environment. So, that this can also separate your data from another user’s.
When you pwn your iPhone or iPad, then you can also use to tweaks and have a macOS-inspired Guest Mode. This is also possible that and this comes to expect, you can also configure restrictions. You can also prevent other users from potentially snooping on your personal data. This will still provide them with the functionality they need. The latest released tweak:
- The LendMyPhone 3 – To brings a full-fledged guest mode to your jailbroken iOS 13 device.
The Improved theft protection:
As you know, iPhones are essentially easily pocketable paydays that makes them ideal targets for low-life thieves. Also, Apple’s Activation Lock goes a long way in protecting your device from being erased and reused by a thief. So, you don’t ever wish that you could actually catch the thief responsible?
So, the jailbreak tweaks, that you can effectively curb iPhone thievery. This is by getting the GPS alerts and the photographs captured with the handset’s cameras. So, this is available in the midst of being stolen emailed or texted that can direct to your accounts. Now, this information can also use if contacting law enforcement for help. Here are recently-released tweaks:
- The iCaughtU 12+ – To brings advanced anti-theft features to jailbroken iOS 12 & 13 devices.
- No2Theft3 – To brings anti-theft features to pwned iOS 13 devices.
Benefits of jailbreaking iPhone: Having A proper file browser
Now, the Apple Files app is also having a great for transferring productivity files. This is between your Mac and iOS/iPadOS devices. Now, even for storing media in iCloud, but this is not quite as robust as the file browsers such as Finder or Windows Explorer. So, that you would also expect to use on desktop computers.
The Jailbreaking also opens the door to your iPhone’s root filesystem. So, this will also help this of true full-blown file browser like Filza. Now, you can also view, modify, add, or delete system files of your choosing. In this case, if this can obviously be dangerous then if you know what you are doing. So, this will also open you up to a whole new world of handset customization.
The Location spoofing:
Now, your iPhone also comes with an integrated GPS chip. So, that can also precisely discern your current location for apps. This is just like Maps, Weather, and so forth then this is having no secret. Now, this can also use for spoofing your current location. Sadly, this is not something that Apple lets you do out of the box.
Hopefully, you can use jailbreak tweaks to spoof your location. You can also enable and then access Weather information from different parts of the world. So, perhaps even benefits for your favorite location-based games. This is as long as it is not against the terms of service, of course. Recently-released tweaks:
- Location Faker – To use the custom latitude and longitude values to spoof your GPS location
- A Relocate Reborn – lets you spoof your iPhone’s GPS location
To Porting iPad power features to iPhone:
So, Apple also works harder to make the iPad a more viable ‘laptop replacement’ that is in certain circumstances. Also, this means that the iPadOS also receives unique power features. This will also set it apart from iOS, such as the improved Dock. Having a better multitasking interface, and picture-in-picture video playback.
Now, the jailbreak community also develops ways of porting. So, these useful power features to the iPhone in recent years. You have to make it possible to enjoy the same features. If you know and love from your favorite tablet on your favorite smartphone. So, there are recently-released tweaks:
- The Castmary – brings the iPadOS App Switcher to your iPhone.
- A FloatingDockPlus – brings the iPad’s legendary Dock and side-by-side apps to the iPhone.
- Harbor 3 – To brings the iPadOS Dock to the iPhone.
- The ipadify – That lets you use iPad-only apps and picture-in-picture mode on iPhone.
The Power features for third-party apps:
This is not just Apple that limits users’ capabilities. Most of the time it’s the developers of the third-party apps you use. In most cases, the users also demand a new feature that is in third-party apps and the developers fail to integrate them.
So, you Just have this year alone now I have witnessed a plethora of jailbreak tweaks. Then this will also bring the high-demand features to third-party apps. This is just like Instagram, WhatsApp, YouTube, and others. Also, this is one of my biggest complaints is that the YouTube app also continues to display a white splash screen. This is even if you have dark mode turned on, and then there is a tweak that can fix that. The recently-released tweak:
- A YouTube Reborn – improves the YouTube user experience
The Intelligent device security:
Now, your iPhone and iPad have been designed. So, that this can also ask for authentication every time. Then you can also pick it up from sleep, whether that is by using the passcode, Face ID, or Touch ID. It depends greatly on the type of device you are using. So, I think that we can all agree that these security features are also needed more. This is available in some places than others.
Also, this is one of my favorite jailbreak tweaks that intelligently disable the authentication. If I am somewhere that I trust, such as at home. So, this will also let you use your device with less delay in low-risk environments. This will also re-enable authentication when you leave that safe zone and then go somewhere where there are more people around. The recently-released tweak:
- IntelligentPass 3 – To disables your iPhone’s passcode in trusted environments.
The Endless interface customization:
So, this is one of the biggest reasons to jailbreak to enjoy enhanced user interfaces. Now, most of the iPhone and iPad users. That is also satisfied with this how iOS looks and then feels out of the box. Then there is a tune that can quickly change when they see those beautiful concepts that eventually make their way. So, this is in the form of jailbreak tweaks and themes. Having a few wonderful examples of custom interface-centric jailbreak tweaks include.
- An AirPay –To redesigned the Apple Pay experience for iPhone.
- Aerial 2 – Colorize your Status Bar icons however you want.
- Arc – having a suggestive shortcuts interface available from anywhere in iOS.
- Ayedapt – To makes your Home Screen app icons respond to dark and light mode.
- A Colored Scrolling Indicator – colorize your iPhone’s scroll bar.
- A Complications – brings Apple Watch complications to your iPhone’s Lock screen.
- The Dayn – An awesome new notification banner UI for iPhone.
- DockX – To bring convenient shortcuts to the iPhone’s keyboard.
- Docktyle – Then add some style to your iPhone’s Dock.
- dotto+ – To replaces iOS’ boring notification badges with something nicer.
- The Edictus – make custom dynamic wallpapers that respond to dark and light mode.
- Gesto for iOS 13 – To combine the App Switcher and Control Center into one interface.
- Grupi – The improved notification grouping for your Lock screen.
- HomePlus Pro – To customize your Home Screen layout with ease.
- To LetMeDecline – makes it easier to decline incoming phone calls.
- Magma Evo – Also, brings beautifully-colored fills to the Control Center interface.
- Multipla – having a versatile Dock for the Home Screen.
- Prysm – Then redesigned Control Center interface.
- Quart – Having a sleek new notification interface for iPhones.
- SwipeExtenderX – To bring the useful text-editing shortcuts to the iPhone’s keyboard.
- Tritium – an always-on-display for your iPhone.
- Tune – an upgraded Now Playing interface.
- Velox Reloaded – brings widgets to your Home Screen.
- WeatherGround – adds fancy animated weather effects and more to jailbroken iPhones.
- And countless others…
The Honorable mention
Most of the time, we also wanted to include in this piece that this won’t apply to everyone. Apart from those who also use the certain devices pwned with the bootrom exploit-based checkra1n jailbreak. Now, you can actually dual-boot the full-blown Android operating system that is on your iPhone with the help of Project Sandcastle.
So, this is also very limited to the iPhone 7 and/or 7 Plus at the time of this writing. This will also work that can continue to expand it to other devices. Then the impacted by the checkm8 boot room exploit. Now, this is quite literally having a native installation of Android that utilizes your iPhone’s hardware. So, this is just the coolest thing ever that you can use as a conversation piece to brag to your friends. This is all about the benefits of jailbreaking the iPhone.
Now, everyone uses their device(s) differently then we can’t recommend jailbreaking for everyone. Also, we think that the vast majority of people could potentially benefit from what it brings to the table. This also picked up the support for Apple’s latest and the greatest iOS/iPad OS 13.5 firmware. Having one question that we have been getting and asked often from both new and veteran jailbreakers. This is in my own mind that also goes crazy with the endless answers. The reason is that I have been at this for so long. In case, if you are new to the community or also use jailbreaking in the past and went on hiatus.
Now, What are your thoughts on jailbreaking in 2020? Are you going jailbreak for any reason that we didn’t mention in this post? Kindly discuss this in the comments section below. In the end are you familiar with the benefits of jailbreaking iPhone?