How to Change Your Windows 7 Laptop Into a Wi-Fi Hotspot
Are you desiring to change your Windows 7 Laptop into a Wi-fi Hotspot? If yes then read and follow this post. While now Wi-Fi is necessarily everywhere you look, sometimes while traveling, you will be in circumstances where you only have a mysterious Ethernet connection. So what would happens then if you require to connect your “Wi-Fi only” device to the internet? If you have a Windows 7 laptop, you are able to change it into a Wi-Fi Hotspot. And can also share its wireless connection with your device through an Ad Hoc network. Here is the way to do it without third-party utilities.
Important Note: Windows 8 has removed this feature, but you are also able to still do this with XP – Windows 7. And if you are running Windows 10, confirm to read our article on making Windows 10 a Wi-Fi hotspot.
Which thing will require
- A Laptop with built-in Wi-Fi capacity
- A mobile device with Wi-Fi ability (e.g, Kindle Fire HD, iPod touch, Nexus 7)
- A hard-wired Ethernet connection
Change Your Windows 7 Laptop into a Wi-Fi Hotspot
- Tap the wired network connection icon in the System Tray.
- Then choose Open Network and Sharing Center.
- On the screen that opens, tap “Set Up a New Connection or Network” under Change your Network Settings.
- Here you have to choose the bottom option to organize a wireless ad-hoc network.
- However, the Wireless Ad Hoc Network wizard will startup. So then tap the Next
- Similarly, on the next screen, provide your ad-hoc network a name.
- Then choose your security type, and enter a security key.
- So if you are in a public place, then I will suggest WPA2 for the best security of your network.
- Now it should just take a few seconds, and your ad-hoc network will be ready to use.
- Whether you will tap the connection icon in the system tray. Then you will view the network that you just created in the list waiting for users.
- Then head to the Network and Sharing Center. Choose Change Adapter Settings.
- Next check “Allow other network users to connect through this PC’s Internet connection”. So then click OK.
- Similarly, now you will be also able to view the shared Wi-Fi connection from your laptop on your mobile device. Simply just connect to it and you will have internet access on the device in no time.
Related Article: Validate Windows 7: To Validate if Windows 7 is Genuine?
Wi-Fi Hotspot Windows 7-Conclusion
Moreover, if you have a Windows 7 laptop, so then you are able to change it into a Wi-Fi hotspot. And can also share its wireless connection with your device through an Ad Hoc network. In the above explanation, I have thoroughly mentioned the way to do it without third-party utilities. We hope that now you can also easily change your Windows 7 laptop into a Wi-Fi Hotspot.