Important: Keep in mind that the upgrade is a complex process, so take a temporary backup before tapping the Install button, just in case you want to undo the changes if you face any issue.
Install Windows 10 1903 May 2019 Update:
- Install Windows 10 October 2018 Update Via Windows Update
- Use Media Creation Tool To Install Windows Version 1809
- Install Windows 10 October 2018 Update Manually/Update Assistant
Install Windows 10 May 2019 Update Via Windows Update
The best approach to get the May 2019 Update is to wait until you get the alert that it’s available for your device. If you want to use Windows Update to force the installation of model 1809, use these instructions:
- Move to Settings.
- Then tap on Update & Security.
- Also, click the Windows Update icon.
- Then click or tap on the Check for updates button.
- Tap the Download and install now button, at the bottom of the Feature Update to Windows 10, model 1903 section.
- Then tap the Restart Now button after the update has been successfully installed or downloaded on your device.
Once done. the latest feature update will install or download using the same process as cumulative updates. But now, it’ll just take a few minutes to apply.
If using Windows Update and your PC isn’t viewing the update. Then there could be a block that Microsoft is using as the latest variant still not support your software or hardware configuration.
Use Media Creation Tool To Install Windows Version 1903
If your device isn’t viewing the latest version via Windows Update, and you know it supports your hardware configuration. Then you can perform Windows 10 in-place upgrade using all the latest features and improvements manually through Media Creation Tool.
When it is updated to upgrade devices to model 1903, you can then install or download this Update using these instructions:
- Visit the official Microsoft support website in your web browser. (Link)
- Then tap the Download tool now icon.
- Now double-tap the file named MediaCreationTool1809.exe to start the upgrade process.
- Now tap the Accept button to agree to the Microsoft terms.
- Choose the Upgrade this PC now option.
- In step six simply tap the Accept button another time to agree to the notice and license terms.
- Then confirm that the Keep personal files and apps option is chosen. (When the option isn’t chosen. Then tap the Change what to keep link to select or pick the exact option. Just to keep your settings, files, and apps after the upgrade.)
- At the end just tap the Install button.
After successfully completing the instructions, the Media Creation Tool will start installing the Windows 10 version 1903 on your PC keeping your settings, apps, and data.
If you’re facing or encountering any issues problems while installing the new version. Then you use the Media Creation Tool to make bootable media. Also, you can use it to perform a clean installation of Windows 10 with the latest update.
Install Windows 10 October 2018 Update Manually/Update Assistant
On the other hand, when your device completely supports, but you’re facing issues with Windows Update or the Media Creation Tool, you can then try using this technique:
If you like to upgrade your PC to the new variant of Windows 10 through the Update Assistant, use these instructions:
- Visit the official Microsoft support website in your web browser.
- Then tap the Update now button.
- Also, double-tap the Windows10Upgrade file to begin the tool.
- Tap the Update Now button.
- When the tool confirms that your hardware is supported, tap the Next button.
- Tap the Restart Now button.
After you’ve completed the instructions, then the Update Assistant tools will install the files to successfully upgrade your devices like files, apps, or settings. But the process takes 1 hour depending on your hardware configuration and Wifi speed.
That all about it…..!
Some Notable Features:
Some best features are given below:
- One of the best features you will find is the new “Light Theme” that provides Windows a clean and, well, best look and feel.
- Sandbox is another light-weight model of a Virtual Machine (VM). This is the best feature for power users out there. It lets you execute untrusted apps in an isolated environment that can’t affect the rest of your PC. This amazing feature is quite simpler or easier than setting up a VM that takes time and PC resources.
- Cortana is the digital assistant of Microsoft’s that can’t gain much traction in the market rather than minor appearances in some mobile devices including the failed Haman Kardon Invoke. Also, it is design into Windows 10 and a part of the Windows Search experience. You might experience its irritation after setting up the all-new Windows 10 install. Now, using 1903 they are totally two separate features. The Search experience becomes updated with an amazing and essential landing page. And, if you are using Cortana on your system, it’s still there.
- There is the latest brightness slider in Action Center. In previous models, you can control screen brightness using a button that has 4 settings. This latest slider provides you the precision control over the brightness level of the display screen. This might look like a small improvement, but this was one of the most requested latest features by Insiders…
- While writing a document or email, you know how worst can be to remember the “Alt” key codes or search online to add symbols (like em dash, asterisk, arrows, etc.) into your social media post or text.