Different Ways To Listen To Audible On Mac
Are you looking for a way to listen to audible on Mac? I use Audible on my mobile while I commute to work. Also, I use my Apple Watch to play audiobooks while walking in the park. So, there are times, when I want to listen to an Audiobook while working on MacBook.
But unfortunately, Audible can’t provide a macOS application on the store also there is not an official Audible app for Mac like you get in Windows. But don’t worry, here is a step by step article on how to listen to Audible on Mac. Let’s start.
Different Ways To Listen To Audible On Mac:
Use the Cloud Player
Now, this one might be obvious but it’s worth mentioning. Audible allows you to stream your books online through the service known as Audible Cloud Player. If you want to use the Cloud Player, head over to your Audible site from the desktop and then log in. Then, move to your library and tap the Play button located next to the title.
- Add bookmarks, modify playback speed, jump chapters
- Works on all platform
- No offline support
- Sometimes jerky or shaky audio with spotty Internet
Well, the official way to hear to Audible on Mac is through iTunes.
- Head over to your Library page on the Audible desktop site. Then tap the Download to the right located next to the audiobook you want to download.
- Once downloading is complete, tap on the download file.
- Then the new pop-up box opens and asking you to “authorize your PC“. Tap Yes
- Then, it’ll successfully open a new tab on your browser and then ask you to input your Audible sign-in credentials. Do it.
- And that’s all, once you successfully authorized it, you’ll view a message Click here to complete your activation. Simply tap on that.
- As it’ll open the iTunes app on your Mac. If you like to find your audiobook head over to the iTunes Audiobooks section from the top left. You can then move to the Library. There you’ll view your Audiobook there. You can also click on the small PIP (picture-in-picture) icon on the book cover to expand it in the new windows.
- There is no choice to move to the other chapter from the iTunes app. Also, you can find those options from the menu bar Chapter.
- Volume control or basic controls playback
- It also remembers our previous listening history
- Move to the other chapter from the menu bar
- UI is not suitable for audiobooks.
- You can’t fast forward or modify the playback speed,
- You can’t bookmark.
- It doesn’t sync properly with your mobile phone
Also See: Pocket App: Some Apps like Pocket App
Use Nox Android Emulator
There are lots of Android emulators for Mac, however, we’ll suggest you to use Nox. Although, Nox gets the job done. Head over to Nox’s official website and then tap on the download button. The file is for 384 MB so shouldn’t take too much time to download or install.
Once successfully downloaded, simply launch the .dmg file and install it on your Mac, similarly, you install any other Mac app. For example, I installed Nox Player on MacBook Air 2013 and it works fine. Simply drag the Nox player icon into the app folder.
Specify all the necessary permissions to the application and get begin. You need to restart the Nox Player app many times or also restart your Macbook. For some reason, it worked for me when I restart, and then the app is working smoothly.
Nox Player seems like a regular Android tablet, with few shortcuts such as Home, Back, and Recent apps buttons on the left. If you want to install apps then simply use Google Play Store like you do on your mobile or you can download or install the apk file from the web browser in the Nox. From the Nox Player home screen, you should then view a Browser, tap on it and move to Google and search for Audible android apk. On the other hand, you can copy-paste this link.
Fortunately, you don’t need to make any modifications in the Settings. Simply install apk just like you do on an Android smartphone. When the apk file is successfully downloaded just tap on the file and you are ready to install it.
Now carefully read all the permissions and tap on Next. The best thing about Nox is, you can also modify your geo-location after tapping on the second GPS option located on the top left menu bar. As it’ll help you to install audiobook not available in your country. Also, you can move to the general settings menu to specify the total memory you like the program to use.
And that’s all. You have successfully installed the Audible mobile app on your Mac. Since it’s optimized for a mobile screen, it will move to a vertical view. Simply log in to your Amazon account and all your purchased audiobooks are under one library section. The reason is its user interface is intuitive and you get all the choices such as sleep timer, playback speed control, move to chapters easily.
- Browser Audible channels on Mac
- Robust controls such as change playback speed
- remember last listen time
- Take time to initiate
- Use significant system resources
- Need some time to setup
Well, these were some of the best methods to listen to Audible while working on Mac. On the other hand, you can also change the Audible aax file to mp3 using apps such as OpenAudible while listening to it using your favorite music player. The app is open-source or free of cost and it is available for all platforms. This is very helpful when you need an older iPad with no Audible app. The setup is quite simple or easy, once installed just import the aax file and conversion process with a start when you tap on the Audiobook.
If you want to share any other method to listen to Audible on Mac then let us know below!