Discord AFK Channel: Setup Inactive Channel On Discord
You can set up the Discord AFK Channel by following the below guidelines. If you are using your Discord server then you may become slow. This will also be unresponsive. In this case, if there are a lot of people on the server at the same time. Then this may make sense in order to kick the users that are out temporarily. This is that which is inactive but there is a better way to create an inactive channel AKA, the AFK channel on the Discord. Then you can also move the inactive user’s order to the Inactive channel. Also, it is where the users can just stay in it. It cannot text or chat with others. You can now let us set up the Inactive channel on Discord.
This can contain the term of the AFK short for Away from Keyboard. It denotes a state of discord that the user who is not actively using Discord or their computer for that matter. Although, if the people who are gaming and using Discord in the background are not considered inactive users. Also, we only want to move the users so are not active at all to the AFK channel.
Also See: Video Converter For Android – Review
To Create an In-active Channel on Discord:
- If you want to create an Inactive channel then the first that you need to create a normal voice channel. However, if you can convert an existing voice channel order to an Inactive channel. Then it is better to create a separate channel just for this purpose. After that, you can open Discord and then select a server. And if you can only create an Inactive channel then you are the admin of the server.
- In this step, you can click on the Channel name and then click on the Create Channel. The other way is to keep in mind is that you can only convert voice channels into the Inactive channel. Also, you can need to start by creating a voice channel.
- Then select the option Voice Channel and then give it an appropriate name. If people can also understand that it is an Inactive channel. Then for this, I can use the name Dead Channel Inactive channel.
- Now you have to successfully created a channel and now you just need to convert it. Then that channel into an Inactive channel. If you want to do that then click on your server name and then click on server settings.
- By the overview section, you can now scroll down and then you can find the Inactive channel option.
- Now you have to open the dropdown menu and then select the channel you just created.
- Then you can set the Inactive timeout. In this case, if the person is inactive more than the Inactive timeout. Now they will be moved to this channel. By this, I normally prefer 5 minutes but in case, if there are more people who play RPG games. Then you can set the timeout for a little longer.
- Also, you can click on the save changes. Next, you have to create a channel and then successfully converted it into an Inactive channel.
- This is whenever it moves anyone to the Inactive channel and it will show them a pop-up menu. Also, you can say that you have to move into the Inactive channel.
So, this is all about the discord AFK channel.
Related Articles: How Do I Convert Voice Recording to Text on Computer
If you are using the inactive channel then it is not only useful to move people. Then the people can also move manually in order to get the Inactive channel. In this case, if that can don’t get distracted by the notifications. Then you don’t need to install the AFK bot in Discord just like before. Now the Discord has an inbuilt option in which makes things even easier. Besides the server load then it is another major problem with streaming on Discord. This is the lack of keyboard shortcuts like the push in order to talk to change it. Then it can also quickly get back into the game.
Did You like it? If you have any questions ask in the comment section.