Highlight Text In Pages: Ways To Highlight Text On Mac/iOS
Here are some of the tips that help To Highlight text In Pages. If you are working in Pages on your Mac, iPhone, or iPad, highlighting text. It is a handy way to make something stand out. Now, you can also select and highlight text so that it is more noticeable to you. If you are collaborating on the document. Now, the nice thing about using highlights is that you can also add comments to the highlighted text.
In case, if you are ready to start making your words stand out. Then here is how to highlight text in Pages on Mac and iOS.
- 1 How To Highlight text in Pages on Mac?
- 2 How To Highlight text pages On iPhone/ iPad?
How To Highlight text in Pages on Mac?
Through Pages open to the document where you want to highlight some text. Then follow the steps below.
1) First of all, you have to select the text by dragging through it or double-clicking it.
2) Then click on the Insert option. You have to Highlight from the menu bar or you can also use the keyboard shortcut Shift + Command + H.
So, This will also make the Review toolbar appear at the top of your page. Now, if you would like to highlight more text. Then you can also select it and then click on the Highlight in the toolbar.
How To Add comments to highlighted text In Pages?
In case, if you decide then you would like to make a note of your highlight. Then you can easily add a comment.
You have to put your mouse over the text you highlighted and then Add a Comment box that will open. Now, type in your note and then click on Done. Also, you can view comments for a highlighted text that has a few different ways.
- Then click on the highlighted text.
- You have to click on the note indicator (a small box colored as the highlight).
- Now, click on the arrows for Comments in the Review toolbar.
- Then select the View and then Show Comments Pane from the menu bar.
- You can also select View > Show Comments Pane from the Pages toolbar.
How To Remove highlights and comments?
It is just like with viewing comments and you can also remove highlights and comments in different ways.
- You have to put your mouse over the highlighted text and if the Add a Comment box appears, then click on the Delete.
- By the Comments Pane open, you just have to click on the Delete button. This is for the comment and corresponding highlight.
- You have to select the highlighted text and then click on the Edit. Now, click on the Remove Highlights and Comments from the menu bar.
How to Change the color?
So, for collaboration, every person working on the document will have a different highlight color. In case, if you are just using highlights for yourself then you can pick the color you want to use and it will be applied to Pages. This is on your other devices as well.
You have to click on the View option. Then click on the Comments & Changes > Author Color from the menu bar. Now, click to select a color in the pop-out menu.
How To Highlight text pages On iPhone/ iPad?
Including the Pages document open on your iPhone or iPad. You have to follow these steps to highlight text.
1) First of all, you have to tap on your text, in the context menu. You have to choose either Select or Select All depending on what you want to highlight.
2) You have to use the right arrow in that same menu to move to Highlight and tap it.
How To Add comments to highlighted text?
You have to add comments to your highlights on iPhone or iPad, do one of the following.
- Now, click on the highlighted text and then add your comment to the pop-up menu.
- You have to tap and then hold the highlighted text and then select Comment from the context menu.
If You want to view comments, you just have to tap on the highlighted text. So, the comment pop-up will appear at the bottom of the iPhone and next to the text on the iPad.
How To Remove highlights and comments?
This is also very easy to remove highlights and comments on iOS as well.
- Now, tap the highlighted text, and in the pop-up tap Delete.
- You have to Tap and hold the highlighted text and then select either Remove Highlight or Remove Highlight and Comment from the context menu.
It is a handy way to make something stand out. Now, you can also select and highlight text so that it is more noticeable to you. If you are collaborating on the document. Now, the nice thing about using highlights is that you can also add comments to the highlighted text. This is by using the highlight feature for text in Pages that is having a great way to make your words stand out. Now, for collaboration on your documents, it is essential.
So, Are you going to start using this feature on Mac and iOS? Then do you already have thoughts on it?