How Do I Print Google Doc with Comments – Tutorial
Google Docs basically offers a really easy way to create and share a document along with others. However, having them view, comment, or also edit it relying on the permissions you give them. This turn-on collaboration and deletes the possibility of misunderstandings as well. Let’s now How Do I Print Google Doc with Comments – Tutorial.
Most of the time, people would like to print the shared document along with the comments in it. But, that is when they realize that although Google Docs permits printing the document, it then leaves out the comments on the canvas.
Here, we give you some simple methods in order to print the document along with all comments.
- 1 How Do I Print Google Doc with Comments – Tutorial
- 1.0.1 1. Export The Google Document To Microsoft Word
- 1.0.2 2. Export The Google Document in order To OpenOffice
- 1.0.3 3. Download The Google Document As a Web Page
- 1.0.4 4. Using The Full Page Screen Capture Chrome Extension
- 1.0.5 5. Using The Google Document via Comments Printer Chrome Extension
- 1.0.6 6. Print Google Doc Comments
- 1.0.7 7. Printing from Google Docs via Google Cloud Print
- 1.0.8 Conclusion
How Do I Print Google Doc with Comments – Tutorial
Well, one of the most valuable features in Google Docs is the ability to have the whole threaded conversation in the comments section of the document.
Most of the folks want to be able to print these comment threads along with the document itself actually. This could be to archive the revision process of documents, actually. However, the problem is that whenever you guys print a Google document, comments disappear on the printout.
Thankfully, there are a few creative ways in order to print a Google doc with comments as well.
1. Export The Google Document To Microsoft Word
Well, the easiest way to print a Google Docu document with comments is to first export it to a Word (.docx) file.
- In order to do this, with the Google Docs document open, select File from the menu, and choose Download and then Microsoft Word (.docx).
- You guys have to save the document to your PC. Whenever you open the file in Microsoft Word, you will then see that comments are included.
- If you guys don’t see the comments, select Review from the Word menu, and select Comments in the Ribbon, and then choose Show Comments.
- You guys are now ready to print. Simply choose File from the menu, and then select Print. You should see the comments in the preview on the right as well. Tap on the Print button in order to send the document to the printer.
- If you guys don’t see any comments in the print preview, then just select Print all pages under Settings and also make sure Print marks are selected.
- The comments on the printout will be then displayed actually.
If you guys have Microsoft Word on your computer. This is actually the fastest and easiest way in order to print a Google document with comments.
2. Export The Google Document in order To OpenOffice
If you guys do not have a licensed copy of Microsoft Word. Then another option is to export the document as an OpenDocument (.odt) file actually. You can also open this file along with a number of OpenDocument compatible programs such as Apache OpenOffice, LibreOffice, and much more.
- If you want to do this, inside of Google Docs then you can export to ODT via choosing File from the menu. Just choose Download, and then choose OpenDocument Format (.odt).
- You have to save the ODT file to your computer.
- Also, you can also open the file in any OpenDocument file via your preferred program such as OpenOffice Writer. You will also see in this document that all comments are included in the right margin as well.
- Also, you can print the document (with comments) through choosing File from the menu, and then choose Print.
- You guys may not see the comments in the print preview actually. If this is the case, you can then choose the Comments dropdown and also choose either Place at end of document or Place at end of the page as well.
The comments will then print at the very bottom of the document. Or also at the bottom of the individual pages where the comments exist.
3. Download The Google Document As a Web Page
If you guys do not want to use an external application in order to print a Google document with comments. You can then convert the document to an HTML file and also use Chrome’s print feature in order to print it with comments.
- In order to do this, just choose File from the menu, and select Download, and then choose Web Page (.html, zipped).
- This will basically save a zipped file onto your PC. Unzip the file and then open the HTML file along with Chrome.
- You guys will see the comments notated on each and every line where the comment existed in the Google Doc as a letter. At the bottom of the document. You guys will see all of the comments next to their letter notation as well.
- If you want to print the document, just tap on the three-dot menu icon at the upper right corner of the Chrome window, and then choose Print.
- Now select the printer where you guys want to print, and choose Print. Your whole document included with comments will print out at your selected printer as well.
4. Using The Full Page Screen Capture Chrome Extension
If you guys prefer using your Chrome browser, however, don’t like the formatting of the export to HTML feature. Then you can rather install the Full Page Screen Capture Chrome extension as well.
This feature basically inserts a small camera icon at the top of your Chrome browser as well. That you can tap to capture a screenshot of your whole Google Docs document.
- When you guys have installed the extension and also you are ready to capture your document. Then tap on the camera icon.
- This will basically open a new window along with the title Full Page Screen Capture. Along with the whole document displayed, that includes comments.
- In order to print it, just choose the PDF icon at the top to download the document in PDF format. And then print it from your PC.
5. Using The Google Document via Comments Printer Chrome Extension
Well, another excellent extension that works to print a Google doc along with comments is the Google Document with Comments Printer Chrome extension.
- Whenever you install this extension, a printer icon will then appear at the top of your Chrome browser. This extension basically adds the functionality to Google Docs in order to print your Google Docs document with comments.
- Whenever you choose the icon, a pop-up will appear giving you the ability to select. If or not you want to include comments in the printout, and also how you want those comments to be formatted as well.
- You can also select to print only the comments, or the whole document with the comments included. You guys can also have the extension draw lines between the comments if you prefer actually.
Before the extension prints the document, you guys will have the option to choose what printer you want to send it to. When you do, you’ll see a print preview, with the comments displayed to the right of each page that they’re on.
6. Print Google Doc Comments
As you guys can see, even though you can’t print a Google doc along with comments. As that feature is lacking from Google Docs, there are a lot of workarounds.
If you select an outside application such as Microsoft Word, and HTML printout. Or one of the Chrome extensions, really comes down to personal preference actually. Each and every option is just as simple and easy as the next.
7. Printing from Google Docs via Google Cloud Print
Well, by default, Google Docs converts files into PDFs, that you then send to the printer actually. However, if you have a Google Cloud Print-compatible Wi-Fi enabled printer. Then you can print documents directly from Google Docs along with a single tap.
- Start through finding out if your printer is Google Cloud Print-compatible. In a web browser, head to the Cloud-ready printer page and then see if your printer is listed.
- If it appears on the list, then you should scroll to the bottom of the page. And also tap on the link for your printer brand’s setup instructions.
- You need to follow the instructions. You may need to turn on Google Cloud printing on your printer’s settings and also complete the setup in a web browser.
Whenever the setup is complete, your Google account will be then connected to this printer. And it will appear as an option whenever you guys try to print documents in Google Docs as well.
You are good to go. If you have any queries and issues related to this article then let us know in the comments section below.