How To Cut Out An Image In Photoshop: Tutorial
A better way to cut out an object’s image in Photoshop CC in the quickest way is to use the new Select and Mask feature. In this tutorial, I will explain how you are able to use this successfully. And also cut out images as fast as it is capable.
Whether you are editing images constantly, then you will like to know the way to cut out objects excellently. However, I often use Photoshop for editing images and also the video thumbnails. Similarly, in the past, I used Photoshop’s Filter Extract feature. But that is now been cleared out in Photoshop CC.
That means we have to rely on Select and Mask to cut out images. Let’s take a look at how to use Select and Mask below.
Way to Use Select & Mask to Cut Out An Images in Photoshop
First of all, you have to go to Photoshop and then drag in the image that you would wish to cut out. So for this tutorial, I will be using a royalty-free image as an example.
Although I will be just cutting out this person’s image by using the Select and Mask. You are also able to use the same tool and also abide by the steps that are mention below in order to cut out your own object.
- Choose the Quick select tool from the toolbar. You are now able to easily tap the tool as it is shown in the image mention-above, or press the W key.
- Now in this step, you have to tap and drag over your object with the Quick Select tool active. So then this tool will brilliantly stick to the edges of your image. So it becomes very simple to choose an entire object. Here you will view an outline of the area you are choosing as you drag your mouse.
- Whether you have to make minor accommodations, and you are able to even let go of the mouse button. Tap each area in order to add it to your brief selection. Now for making minor removals, you have to hold Alt and tap on the areas that you would like to remove from your selection.
Therefore this complete method will solve under a minute, even for complex images with many shapes, colors, and limited contrast.
- Whether you have to make even more minor accommodations, you have to hold Ctrl, and then you have to drop your mouse wheel up to zoom in. Next, adapt the Quick select tool brush size by tapping the brush icon at the top of the screen, as showcased in the image that is mention-above.
- Then tap Select and Mask at the top of the Photoshop window. Similarly, this will make your selection, and then it will permit you to make more edits to it.
However, on the left side of the screen, you will view a properties tab. You are also able to adapt these sliders. In order to clear out the background and also make better the image so you have to cut it out.
- Here you must drag the transparency slider to 100% to fully clear the background.
- In my opinion, I just like to drag the smooth slider to around 50. In order to make a smoother image. Now you have to add around 5 to 10 px to the radius slider for including further depth to the image too. You are then also able to tap OK and your object will be cut out.
Therefore now the cut will be clean, the image will stand out among any other background you probably add. So long as you did the brief choose tool method correctly, there won’t be any missing pixels from your object.
- Finally, now you have to confirm in order to press Ctrl+X and Ctrl +C to cut and paste the chosen object onto a new layer.
However, at this point, you have enormous choices/possibilities. You are able to /conceal hide the background layer. Now you have to save the image as a PNG with transparency. Similarly, this will permit you to add this object with no background to any photo or image in the future.
Add new layers and position
On the other hand, you are also able to make your own background right in the exact Photoshop tab in which you are in now. Simply you just have to add new layers and position them as you view fit. For your more help above is the image that I have created is mentioned-above.
Must read this Article: In Photoshop CS6: How to Add the Color Wheel
Cut Out An Image In Photoshop-Conclusion
In this tutorial, I have explained in the above post that how you are able to use this successfully. Also, cut out images as fast as it is capable of. Well, we are hope full that you guys will like this article. In case of queries, you can ask us in the comments section below.