How to Disconnect Spotify from Facebook
Spotify actually makes it really easy to log into your account. In fact, you guys can also set Spotify up to use your Facebook login as your Spotify authentication. This basically means if you guys are already logged into Facebook on your browser, then you can just open the Spotify Web Player, and you are logged in as well. Let’s now discuss that How to Disconnect Spotify from Facebook.
However, there may be times when you need to log into your Spotify account along with a different password. Or you need to isolate your Facebook account from Spotify as well. There are also many ways that you can do this, however, first, you have to make sure that you can get into your account after you unlink Spotify from your Facebook account as well.
- 1 Why Should You Unlink Spotify from Facebook?
- 2 Turning on your Spotify account along with Facebook will let you:
- 3 Link Spotify to your Facebook data lets you:
- 4 Reset Your Password
- 5 Disconnect Facebook from Spotify
- 6 Spotify Makes Unlinking from Facebook really Difficult
- 7 Unlink the Spotify on Facebook
- 8 Unlink Spotify from the Facebook App
- 9 Conclusion
Before you guys decide to disconnect your Spotify account from your Facebook account, first consider your reasons why you want to do that.
Turning on your Spotify account along with Facebook will let you:
- Instantly log in to your Spotify account on any browser where you are already logged into Facebook.
- Now open your Spotify account on your Facebook-enabled mobile without even having to log in.
- You will only need to remember a single password instead of two.
Link Spotify to your Facebook data lets you:
- Easily connect with Facebook friends on Spotify and then see what music your friends like.
- Instantly share your listening tastes to Facebook as well.
All of these features will disable whenever you unlink Spotify from your Facebook account.
Also at the same time, there are many reasons why folks are concerned about their privacy whenever linking Spotify and Facebook as well. Both of these services have access to your information on the other service. Access like this lets them share your preferences and also tastes along with advertisers. Plus, you have to trust both companies with the information that you provide on both accounts as well.
Through unlinking the two services, you lock down your privacy a little more actually. It basically boils down to what’s more important to you is social sharing and community, or your privacy too. If you have made the decision to unlink the two accounts, then keep on reading.
Reset Your Password
Before you guys start this, you have to make sure you know what your current Spotify password is. Spotify does not make it easy in order to find the password reset page from your account settings. But, you can also go directly to the password research page in order to reset your account. Now that you know your actual Spotify password, you are then ready to break the link between your Facebook account and Spotify as well.
Disconnect Facebook from Spotify
Well, if your main concern is just the fact that Facebook can access your Spotify interests and data actually. Then you can also turn off that connection without even disabling your ability to log in with your Facebook account as well.
If you want to do this:
- First, log in to your Spotify account.
- Then tap on your Profile icon and choose Account.
- Press Privacy Settings from the list in the left navigation menu.
- Now scroll down to the Facebook data section, and turn offProcess my Facebook data.
- On the confirmation window, you have to click Yes – Turn Off.
This will then block Spotify from processing data about who you share music from Spotify with actually. It will avoid Spotify from ever posting to your Facebook, or importing Facebook contacts, and much more.
This actually leaves the login feature so you still have the convenience of logging into Spotify along with your Facebook account. However, it improves your privacy through blocking Spotify from accessing more of your Facebook data as well.
What’s really remarkable is that Spotify has made something just as simple as disconnecting your Facebook account from your Spotify account remarkably difficult.
Well, Spotify services where you guys can’t really unlink Spotify from Facebook:
- Spotify Web Player: You can only disconnect Facebook data, however not your Facebook login.
- Spotify Desktop App: There is no option in order to disconnect any connection to Facebook from the desktop app.
- The Spotify Mobile: If you also explore settings in the Spotify mobile app, then you won’t even see Facebook mentioned.
Even though it seems impossible, also there is actually a way in order to disconnect your Facebook account from Spotify.
Again, you have to make sure you that have changed your Spotify account password before you follow these steps below. Because Spotify does not let you disconnect from Facebook on its end. Then you will need to disconnect from Spotify from your Facebook account as well.
Log into your Facebook account, and then follow the steps below in order to force a disconnection along with Spotify.
- Tap on the dropdown at the upper right of the main Facebook page and press Settings.
- Choose Apps and Websites from the navigation pane on the left side of the window.
- Scroll down until you see the Spotify app and you have to check the select box to choose it.
- You will there see a warning that this action could delete your Spotify account, however, it won’t. Choose Remove.
Do not choose to delete all posts, photos, and videos unless you really want all past Spotify posts on Facebook to be deleted actually.
When you are finished, then you can go back to your Spotify Web Player and log in with your new password as well. Facebook login will no longer be available now.
If you guys do not use Facebook in the browser, you can also disconnect Spotify with the Facebook app for either Android or iOS.
- First, open the Facebook app on your phone.
- Press the icon along with the three horizontal bars (menu).
- Click to dropdown Settings & Privacy, and press Settings.
- Scroll down and then click Apps and Websites.
- Now find Logged in with Facebook, and tap Edit in order to open that menu.
- Then scroll down to the Spotify app under Active.
- Press the radio selection next to the Spotify app and click on the Remove button.
You will then see the warning that this action could delete your Spotify account. Do not worry about the warning though. Click on Remove to finish unlinking Spotify from Facebook.
If you have chosen to break the connection between Spotify and Facebook. Then you may not have the convenience of an instant login. However, at least you will know you can enjoy Spotify without even having to worry about your likes and dislikes getting shared outside of your Spotify account actually.
You are good to go. If you have any queries and issues related to this article then let us know in the comments section below.