How To Fix “Cannot Get Mail” Error On Your iPhone?
If you get the message Cannot get mail on your iPhone. This may because of mail server is not responding at this time. Here are the fixes! So, Every and so often if you also go in order to refresh your emails from the Mail app in iOS. Then you may also get an error message that is just like the one shown above that reads “Cannot Get Mail “. It means that the mail server imap.gmail.com is not responding. In order to verify that you also have entered the correct account info that is in the Mail settings.
Now, the problem can also be annoying. But most of the time if it may be an issue that is with your email settings. Then sometimes it may also just be a hiccup with the email server or also an internet connection that you also have established.
Then we can also go over some of the troubleshooting steps. In order to get your inbox to refresh properly and fix the “Cannot Get Mail” errors.
- 1 Reasons To That “Cannot Get Mail” errors occur?
- 2 Some Of The Possible fixes to the problem “Cannot get mail” Error:
- 2.1 To send an email from the problematic inbox:
- 2.2 To Fix “Cannot get mail” Error Try refreshing the inbox again:
- 2.3 To fix the “Cannot get mail” he Force-quit the Mail app:
- 2.4 To check your internet connection:
- 2.5 To Remove and re-add the troublesome email account:
- 2.6 To Manually configure server, port, and authentication options
Reasons To That “Cannot Get Mail” errors occur?
Most of the time if an email inbox can also normally works. Then it is just fine to experience an issue where it displays the “Cannot Get Mail” error message. So, that this is also going in order to be related to a hiccup that is in the internet connection and also in the email server. Then here are the fixes that involve persistence.
In most of the scenarios if the problem can also relate to order to get your email settings. Here are some of the more in-depth troubleshooting that may also be required. This is also either way then we will also go over a number of possible troubleshooting steps below. Now, you can also get your email account working again.
Some Of The Possible fixes to the problem “Cannot get mail” Error:
Then we will also start with the easiest and also the work on our way down. In order to get the most complicated. So, that we can also suggest just by starting small and the working. This is also on your way down in the list so you don’t also exert more energy. It is also necessary in order to solve the problem that is with your email refreshing. Then here are some things you can try.
To send an email from the problematic inbox:
So, What it can also seem to work best for me when an inbox will display that error message. In order to send an email that is from that account. The reason is that the issue is that Mail can’t fetch new emails. This can certainly also send new ones that you can also create that is by you. You can also compose a new email and then if you can have several inboxes. Also, you have to make sure in order to send the email that is from the one giving you trouble. This can typically send an email in order to get me with “Test” as the subject line.
In most cases, this can actually fix the issue the albeit temporarily. Then I can also find it to be the least invasive workaround.
To Fix “Cannot get mail” Error Try refreshing the inbox again:
Most of the time if the problem can also be due to a hiccup that is in your internet connection or your connection to the server. Then this is also a best-case scenario! Now, you can easily work around this just by simply pulling it down. So, that this is in your inbox in order to refresh your content.
To fix the “Cannot get mail” he Force-quit the Mail app:
Most of the time if the problem could be related to a glitch in the Mail app itself. Then this also has an instance and then it can simply open the App Switcher. You can also slide up on the Mail card and then you have to go to the Home screen. In order to re-launch the Mail app yet it also again. Then it can also try in order to refresh your email inbox.
To check your internet connection:
So, Do you have a strong enough cellular or Wi-Fi signal? In this case, if your signal is also too weak. Then you are also not connected at all it can then get and then this could also be the source of your error message. During trying in order to refresh your email inbox. In order to Try getting closer to a wireless signal and then see if the inbox refresh works afterward.
To Remove and re-add the troublesome email account:
In most cases, if there is incoming and outgoing server information that is for your email account. Then it may no longer be accepted by the email server. You have to try removing your email account and then re-adding it. Then that also has the Mail app and then it can also auto-configure to the proper settings. In order to refresh your email inbox. This is by doing so that will also hopefully fix your “Cannot Get Mail” problems.
Some of the steps:
1) First of all, you have to Launch the Settings app and then open the Accounts & Passwords that have the preferences cell.
2) You have to open the email account that you are also having issues with it. Then this is in the following pane and you have to tap on the red Delete Account button.
3) Then After this, if you have removed the account now you will now want. In order to try and then re-add it to your Mail app again. You have to do that and then follow these steps:
- You have to Launch the Settings app and then once again. Then open the Accounts & Passwords preferences cell.
- At this time, you have to tap on the Add Account button.
- Now, choose this from the list of your email providers. Then you can also sign in to your email provider in order to receive emails yet again.
- You have to Log in with your username and password.
Also Read: What is iType.exe and What is its Function?
To Manually configure server, port, and authentication options
This is in most cases if the email server may be denying you access. The reason is that it can either give you your ISP that is also blocking certain ports. Now, you are using the incorrect incoming and also the outgoing server settings.
In this case, if that is also in the case then you will also have in order to use a special outgoing server provided by your ISP. Then there is also a common with some of the accounts. If you are trying in order to send outgoing emails that are on Verizon FiOS and some other ISPs. Then the others, you can also just configure the different ports in order to be used so that SSL. So, that this is not being called for on a server. Then that does not support it, or also a vice-versa then this is as this can cause issues.
So, here are the steps in order to adjust your email account’s outgoing and incoming server settings. Then we will also begin with the outgoing settings:
1) You have to Launch the Settings app and then open the Accounts & Passwords preferences cell. Now, choose the email account that you are also having problems with.
2) Then Tap on to the Account cell that is with your email address inside of it.
3) So, that you can also Tap on the cell that is under the Outgoing Mail Server header. Now, you can also configure your outgoing email server for this account.
4) Then click on your primary server that is also being used in order to fetch your emails for this account.
5) So, that this is under the Outgoing Mail Server header. You can also adjust the hostname (server address). It also includes the username (email address), password, SSL settings, authentication method. Also, there is also the server port number that is as necessary. In order to comply with the server’s true settings.
In most cases, if the server port in order to set to it. There is something that the server doesn’t actually support. If I work that is for a company where the email server did not support SSL, but I had SSL enabled. The reason is that my device could not also send an email because it was not able in order to find a secure connection.
Most of the time having the incorrectly-typed password that can also cause issues that is as well. You can simply re-type this and then it may also help solve this problem.
So, you are also having an outgoing setting are how you want them. In order to move on to the incoming email settings:
1) You have to Launch the Settings app and then open the Accounts & Passwords preferences cell. Now, open the email account if you are also having problems with it.
2) Then Tap on the Advanced button in order to bring up more settings.
3) So, this is also the under of the section with the Incoming Settings header. You can also adjust the SSL settings. Then IMAP Path Prefix, and also the server port number as necessary. In order to comply with the server that you are also receiving emails from.
4) When you are also the content with the new incoming and also the outgoing settings. Then you can also force-quit the Mail app. So, that it can then re-launch it and then try in order to refresh your inbox. You will have to see if the new settings will also work any better than the older settings.
Did that fix your error?
So, that it can typically and unless the email server that itself it is also experiencing some of the kind of down-time.
Related Articles: Fix the issue “Waiting for Activation” In iMessage & FaceTime
Then you may also get an error message that is just like the one shown above that reads Cannot Get Mail. It means that the mail server imap.gmail.com is not responding. In order to verify that you also have entered the correct account info that is in the Mail settings. Now, the problem can also be annoying. But most of the time if it may be an issue that is with your email settings. Then sometimes it may also just be a hiccup with the email server or also an internet connection that you also have established.
Hope this guide will help you to resolve this issue! If You have any questions let us know in the comment section below!