How to Fix Cellular Data Errors After Updating to iOS 14
Alright, Guys! After updating your iPhone, it is possible that the baseband firmware that handles your cell signal got corrupted. So you probably view an alert on your phone, however, which says that the cellular update failed or we can say that it is unable to work. Or you probably view a message in your cellular settings. Similarly, which says an update is needed to use cellular data on your device. So then this can be annoying in order to deal with. But this guide will walk you via some basic troubleshooting and then an advanced solution whether all else fails.
- 1 How to Fix Cellular Data Errors After Updating to iOS 14
- 1.1 Symptoms of Cellular Data Errors After Updating to iOS 14
- 1.2 Simple solutions for fixing cellular data not function on iOS 14
- 1.3 Reboot your phone
- 1.4 Turn On And Turn Off the Airplane Mode
- 1.5 Take out your SIM card and put it back in
- 1.6 Reset your Network Settings
- 1.7 Examine a carrier update
- 1.8 Update your iPhone to the new version
- 1.9 Advanced solutions to fix cellular Data problems on iOS 14
- 1.10 Obtain Support from Apple
- 1.11 Conclusion
How to Fix Cellular Data Errors After Updating to iOS 14
Important Note: There is a small percentage of iPhone 7 devices, however, that were shipped with a component that has failed on the basic logic board. Whether your iPhone qualifies, so then you are also able to have it restored for free just via Apple’s specific iPhone 7 Repair Program.
Symptoms of Cellular Data Errors After Updating to iOS 14
However, on top of the clear problem where you are also not able to get cellular data just like LTE, 4G, and 3G. So you probably see any of the following errors:
- Cellular Update Failed: Your iPhone is unable to make and also receive calls. Or access cellular data till it has been updated.
- Although an update is also needed in order to use cellular data on this iPhone.
- Could not activate cellular data network. Enable cellular data or use Wi-Fi to access data.
Although this is only a subset of possible error messages. However, hanging on to your situation, so you probably or probably not be able to. In order to make and also receive calls on top of not being able to access cellular data.
Simple solutions for fixing cellular data not function on iOS 14
Reboot your phone
However, this is the easiest solution. Simply on iPhone models without a Home button, so you have to hold down the Power and also Volume button til a power off slider visible. So on iPhone models with a home button, you have to hold down the Power button and the Home button. Similarly, then drag the slider in order to power off your iPhone. At a time the screen disables, so hold down the Power button in order to power it back on.
Turn On And Turn Off the Airplane Mode
Occasionally this is also able to support reset your cellular data. However, the toggle for Airplane Mode is also able to be found right in your Settings application, or in Control Center.
Take out your SIM card and put it back in
By utilizing a SIM tool or any alternative, you have to simply pop out your sim card slot on the side of your iPhone. However, wait a few seconds, and then reinsert it.
Reset your Network Settings
Simply this will reset all of your Wi-Fi and cellular information on your phone. Head to the Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. Now enter your password when prompted.
Examine a carrier update
Guys! Occasionally carriers send cellular updates over the air, seperately from an OS update. In order to examine for a carrier update. Head to the Settings > General > About. Whether a carrier or mobile update is present, a prompt will also display on your screen.
Update your iPhone to the new version
Occasionally updating your phone simply to the new version will also fix the problem. In order to update your iPhone, you must have to head to the Settings > General > Software Update. Whether it says that your software is up to date. So then you are also able to try our advanced solution.
Advanced solutions to fix cellular Data problems on iOS 14
Whether all of the main solutions do not function. You are also able to try an advanced solution. Similarly, this solution also adds manually reinstalling iOS by using a PC. However, this will make sure that your iOS version will have no corruption. Confirm you are on the view version of iOS before proceeding. Though it is also suggested that you backup your iPhone first.
- You have to here download the IPSW file for your new software version and also the device. So then this file will permit you to do a clean and clear installation of iOS. However, you are also able to download the file directly from our Downloads section.
- Now you guys have to connect your device to a PC. Whether your Mac runs macOS Catalina 10.15, open Finder. Whether your Mac manages macOS Mojave 10.14.4 or earlier. Or if you are using a PC, so then you have to head to iTunes instead. Whether you see a “Trust this Computer” message, unlock your device and click Trust.
- Choose your device in the sidebar. If you are in Finder, click General. If you are in iTunes, tap Summary.
- However, on your Mac, you must have to hold the Option key on your keyboard. Whilst tapping Check for Update. Though on a Windows PC, you have to hold the Shift key whilst tapping on Check for Update. Although a file browser will also now appear. Here you must navigate to your IPSW file downloaded in step 1 and choose it.
Should not lose any data
Although just after going via all the prompts, so then your PC will also reinstall the new version of the software simply for your device. You have to confirm that you do not disconnect your device from your PC till the update finishes. However, remember to be patient, as these updates are also able to take a whilst in order to finish. Note that you should not lose any data or have to set up your iPhone all over again. Whether you abide by these steps. Still, proceed with caution.
- At a time when the update finishes, so than an alert probably appears on your phone. So then that says that a carrier update is also present. Now press update and your cell service should return. Whether you do not get the carrier update alert. Head into Settings > General > About, and also you should view an option for a carrier update.
Whether you still do not view a carrier update at once. So then it probably is that your carrier still has not revealed one quite so far. This is specifically true for smaller carriers of MVNOs like Ting, Mint, Cricket, etc. However, in this case, so then you probably like to contact your carrier. And inquire about the status of an incoming carrier update.
Obtain Support from Apple
Whether you continue in order to have the issues, so must take your iPhone. Simply to an Apple Authorized Service Provider or make a Genius Bar reservation at an Apple Store. However, as there probably be a corrupted hardware component.
Also, read this article: Ways to Take a Screenshot in Windows 8 (Keyboard Shortcut)
Alright, Guys! Did our solutions fix your cellular problem? Or Did you use another solution, however, which works for you? So let us know in the comments section below.