How to fix Start, Taskbar, And Action Center Grayed Out In Windows 10
Whether you are using a light theme on your PC. You will find that the Start, taskbar, and action center option in the color settings menu is grayed out. However, it means that you can not touch and edit it in your settings. Simply the cause that, why it is turned off is whether Windows permitted you to turn the accent color of these elements in a light theme. These elements probably not accurately available on your screen.
Although whether you must work with the option. And you would like to turn it on. So a few ways are there to perform it. Normally you have to just head to the Settings app and turn on an option. So it will activate the option for you.
You are able to turn on the option for both default and custom themes but the steps are slightly different for each theme type.
How to Fix The Grayed Out Start, Taskbar, and Action Center Option With a Default Theme
One of the fastest methods to fix the option and to make it modifiable is to turn on the default theme that comes preloaded on your Windows PC. At a time you perform it, so then you will find that the option is no longer grayed out and you can turn its settings.
- First of all, put your cursor in the Cortana search box. Then type in Settings, and tap on the Settings app when you view it in the search results.
- Similarly, now on the following screen, you will have to find. Also, tap on the option that says Personalization. The option you are looking for is located there.
- So when the menu will open, look towards the left sidebar and find. Then tap on the option that reads Themes. It will allow you to apply a new theme to your computer.
- You will view different themes you are able to use on your PC. So you like to find the one that says Windows and tap on it. Thus the theme will impulsively be applied to your computer.
- Similarly, now whetehr you head to the screen. Where the option was earlier grayed out, you will find that it is no longer grey. And you are able to actually work with it.
Read this article: How To Set Up IFTTT With Multiple Actions
Whilst this procedure gets the job completed in a just few clicks. There is actually a restriction it comes with. As you are able to view in the above-mentioned steps. So just it needs you to apply the default Windows theme to your PC.
Whether this is not something that you are wishing to do. So you probably have to look for another method that allows you to turn on the option in your current theme.
Turning on The Grayed Out Start, Taskbar, and Action Center Option In a Custom Theme
However, whether, you do not want to leave your new theme. But you still like to have the aforesaid option turned on. So there is a way that will allow you to do it.
Literally, it asks you to turn the color scheme of your theme. That will then activate the grayed out option on your machine.
- Firstly, search for the Settings app using the Cortana search box. Organize it when you view it in the search results.
- Tap on the Personalization option on the screen of the app.
- From the left sidebar on your screen, select the option that says Themes. Then find and also tap on the theme that you want to use on your computer.
- Similarly, now you have to choose the option that says Colors from the left sidebar. It will allow you to turn your theme’s color settings.
- So on the following screen, you will view your theme preview and a scroll-down menu beneath it. Tap on this menu and choose the Custom option. It allows you to specify custom color settings for your theme.
- Simply now you will view two new menus on your screen. You like to focus on the one that says select your default windows mode. Choose the Dark option from this menu.
- Further, you are also able to drop-down and you will check the option is no longer grayed out.
However, now any time you can turn a theme. That you want to. To confirm here that you turn on the option shown in the above steps so the option doesn’t get disabled.
To fix the issue Update The Display Drivers
We are hope full that the above should fix the problem for most users. Although in a rare case whetehr it did not work for you. So you probably desire to try updating your display drivers to see if it helps resolve the issue.
- First of all, use the Cortana search box to search for. Then set-up the Device Manager utility.
- You will view a list of all the hardware peripherals connected to your machine. You want to find it. Here you have to now tap on the option that says Display adapters.
- Then right-click on your display adapter from the list and select Update Driver.
- Here you should abide by on-screen instructions to update your display drivers.
- You will have to reboot your PC when the drivers are updating.
- Open the Settings app and you will view the Start, taskbar, and action center option is not graying out anymore.
That’s all guys!
Related Article: How to Fix the issue: Windows 10 Taskbar Not Working
Start, Taskbar, And Action Center Grayed Out In Windows 10-Conclusion
However, it means that you can not touch and edit it in your settings. Simply the cause that, why it is turned off is whether Windows permitted you to turn the accent color of these elements in a light theme. These elements probably not accurately available on your screen. Well, we have mentioned the way to fix Start, Taskbar, And Action Center Grayed Out In Windows 10. So we hope that you will like this article the most in case of any questions you can ask us in the comments below.