FAT16 is just 2GB
Alright guys the main purpose for this issue is because my file was 4.3 GB in size. And my external hard drive was formatted in FAT32 format. However, the max file size for FAT32 is 4GB. Similarly, the max file size for FAT16 is just 2GB!
How are you able to solve this error? Here arises this question. Alright, just two methods are also there that you can easily go about it. You are able to either split the file into smaller pieces and also then copy it to your external hard drive. Or you are also able to change the file system to NTFS, where no restriction is there on file sizes.
Yes guys you should be able to copy your large files just by either breaking them or turning the hard drive to NTFS.
Whether you are not able to break the file for any purpose. And you don’t like to change the file system on the drive to NTFS. However, the further capable solution is to try and also compress the file. Windows 7 and Windows 10 both have incorporated compression tools. But you are also able to try third-party tools like 7-Zip, etc.
Although after figuring out the purpose for the “The file is too large for the destination file system” issue. So then you are also able to fix it in Windows 10/8/7 or any other old Windows version with simple ease by changing the file system to NTFS. Now we are going to introduce you to the two simplest solutions. We will show you the way to use these two solutions to fix the error ” file is too large for the destination file system”.
Formatt FAT32 to NTFS for free with Windows built-in feature
As you may all know that Formatting is the way which is too simple. However, just for you in order to convert FAT32 to NTFS. But it is also able to remove all the existing data on the drive. So, it is suggested only when no files on your external hard drive or USB flash drive are available there. Whether such files are also existing there just on your storage device. However, you are also able to back them up by manually copying or using free backup software in advance. Here is the way to do it for free with the Windows incorporated format feature.
- For doing this you have to first of all Right-click on the USB drive or external hard drive.
- Then just tap the “Format”.
- Here you have to convert the type to NTFS.
Completed! You have now fixed the error “The file is too large for the destination file system”. And it is also able to successfully copy a file larger than 4GB to the external USB drive or hard drive.
Must read this article: OneDrive Upload Speed: Ways To Manually Set OneDrive
Convert FAT32 to NTFS without data loss
Whether essential data on your external hard drive or USB drive is also there, so then you probably have the best solution. Changing the FAT32 to NTFS without data waste using the partition tool. EaseUS Partition Master, it is the famous third-party partition software is an optimal choice. Although it permits you to solve the “The file is too large for the destination file system” problem without formatting. Although the program is also able to work in Windows 10/8/7 or any further previous versions. Here is the way.
- First of all, you have to install and also organize the EaseUS Partition Master on your PC.
- Now you just have to choose the FAT32 partition, for this, you have to right-click on it. Choose the “Convert to NTFS”. Whether you have to convert a storage device just like the SD card or USB flash drive to NTFS. However, insert it into your PC first and then you have to redo the old operation.
- At this point, you have to tap “OK” on the pop-up dialog box in order to continue.
- Now you must head to the upper left corner, tap the “Execute 1 Operation” button and you will view the operation details. Simply you have to tap “Apply” and “Finish” when the method finishes
Furthermore, after completing all the steps, you are then also able to change your USB flash drive, SD card, or external hard drive from FAT32 to NTFS and copy files larger than 4GB successfully.
Also, read this guide: Windows 10 No Hibernate Option _Fix It!