How To Fix Update Package Missing System.Img Error
Do you want to fix the update package missing system.img error? It looks that there are some problems with Google’s batch script added in the Android 5.0 Lollipop factory images. Users report that after flashing the Lollipop factory image using a flash-all.bat file the command window fails to download the factory image and displays the following error: “error: update package missing system.img”.
Google’s Conley also acknowledged this problem and suggest to use the new Fastboot from the SDK. However, even after using the new SDK, the issue seems to the culprit.
How To Fix Missing System.Img Error:
Using the new Fastboot can’t help, so if you want to get rid of the missing system.img error then manually flash the files, without using the batch script in the factory image. Also, it is failing to check the system.img file.
Follow the simple instructions to view how to manually install the factory image:
- At first, you’ve extracted the factory image, which seems for the image-xxx-xxx.zip file in the factory image.
- Simply unzip or extract the image-xxx-xxx.zip file to another folder on your computer. Then you’ll get the following files:
- Then copy or paste the radio or bootloader image too from the factory image to the folder where you unzip files in the above step.
- [Avoid this step if you already have a working adb/fastboot setup!] Simply copy or paste the contents of this adb_and_fastboot_files.zip file to the same folder from the above step (step 2).
- Then open the folder where all your files are present. If you ignore Step 4, then skip the highlighted files. The remaining files should be present in your folder.
- Then head over to a command window in the folder where all your files are present. For this reason, “Shift + Right click” on any blank white space in the folder and choose “Open command window here” from the context menu.
- Now specify the following commands to manually install/flash Android 5.0 Lollipop factory image on your Nexus device:
fastboot flash bootloader bootloader.img
└ Use the file name of bootloader image rather than of bootloader.img. For instance, Nexus 5’s bootloader name is “bootloader-hammerhead-hhz12d.img”
└ Use the file name of your radio image. For Nexus 5, it’s “radio-hammerhead-m8974a-126.96.36.199.21.img”
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash system system.img
Wait for a while with the system.img file, it’s the largest file of all so it’ll take time to install.
- Once system.img is successfully flashed. Simply reboot your device after specifying the following command:
- Now your device will successfully reboot with the new and the largest Android update of all, Android 5.0 Lollipop.
That’s all about it. If you have any queries and questions let us know below. Or else, if you find it helpful then it with your friends and family members.