How to Fix Windows 7 Update Error Code 0x80070422
Out of the error codes users experience in Windows 7, the code 0x80070422 is moderately ordinary. However, this error happens when the startup service. Similarly, just for Windows Update is set to anything except automatic. So in this guide, we are going to learn the way to fix error code 0x80070422 with a few clicks of the mouse.
Windows Update and Error Code 0x80070422
Windows Update can be a little bit fussy. When it comes to functioning the way it was created to work. Similarly, it does not take much for something to be out of alignment and cause issues. However, Windows error code 0x80070422 refers to the incapability of Windows 7 to start up the Windows Update service. So your PC is able to connect to the update servers at Microsoft. The message goes along with the error code reads:
80070422 SelfUpdate Failure Software Synchronization Windows Update Client failed to detect with error 0×80070422
However, the annoying part about this error is that everything with the update service is able to work great one day. And then cause errors the next. So you have to don’t be too concerned. Whether you receive this error. Similarly, it is very common or usual. Fortunately, an immediate fix turns on you to continue downloading and installing updates for Windows 7. You have to simply edit an option associated with the update service.
Method to Fix the Windows 7 Update Error 0x80070422
- Firstly you have to tap on Start and type Admin in the Search box. Press the Enter key and Windows 7 opens the Administrative Tools window. Tap on Services.
- Similarly, now you should view the Services window. In the right-hand pane, adjust a service titled Windows Update. Now Right-click on the Windows Update service. Then select the Properties from the menu.
- However, here you have to view the Windows Update Properties (Local Computer) window. Tap on the General tab, locate an option labeled Startup Type. Note the current option setting. Whether the option is set to Manual or Disable. That is what is reasoning the error. Set the option to Automatic (Delayed Start).
- Although the option probably already set to either Automatic or Automatic (Delayed Start). This can also reason for the error 0x80070422. Similarly, whether you contain the option set at Automatic, set it to Automatic (Delayed Start). Such as if it is set to Automatic (Delay Start). So then you have to set it to Automatic. Simply when you make your choice, then you have to tap the OK button.
- Similarly, now you have to back on the Services window. Then you should confirm the Windows Update Status is Start. It is set to Start so then close the window, and you are complete. So whether it is for anything except Start. So you have to close the window and restart your PC.
Windows 7 error 0x80070422
- Therefore the Windows 7 error 0x80070422 happens. When the Window Update service is not set to begin. Whilst turn off, the service cannot manage. Also, the users of the computer cannot also download updates to Windows 7. Or updates to the software installed on the PC. Simply an immediate option turn to the Windows Update service fixes the error. And also permits Windows Update to continue functioning as usual.
Here remember that the other option settings Manual and Disable are not themselves the error. Similarly, some administrators suggest using these settings for the Windows Update service. In order to control how and whether users of a computer are able to initiate update downloads and installation. Thus most home users, although should set the service to one of the automatic settings.
You can also read this article: System Service Exception Stop Code – How To Fix It
However, this code 0x80070422 error happens. When the startup service for Windows Update is for anything except automatic. So in this guide, we have mentioned the way to fix error code 0x80070422 with a few clicks of the mouse.
Well, we hope that this guide will help you with this issue. In case of queries, you can ask us in the comments below.