How to Jailbreak Wii with Ease – Nintendo Wii
Well, now that the Wii-U is out, there is not much use for that old nintendo Wii you have laying around is there? Well, wrong! You can also turn your old Wii into a total Nintendo entertainment center through jailbreaking it. The form that we will cover in this tutorial is actually called a SoftMod. And it will only take a few minutes in order to completely crack open the Wii and will give you complete control over the console as well. In order to start, you will need just a few things. Let’s discuss How to Jailbreak Wii with Ease – Nintendo Wii.
- 1GB SD card (non-SDHC if possible)
- Computer along with internet connection & SD card reader.
- Wii console
- Wii firmware version 4.3 (open the Wii system options, and this actually appears at the top-right)
- External USB hard drive, or a large (32GB+) USB thumb drive actually.
Before You Start
Well, jailbreaking your Wii involves the use of Homebrew software that was not developed by Nintendo actually. This means that you cannot be 100% sure if the software is going to harm the console or not. Plus, Homebrew software might void the warranty.
You have to update Wii prior to the jailbreak and avoid automatic updates. Otherwise, a future update might turn off the Homebrew Channel or brick the Wii. In order to turn off the updates, navigate to Options, choose Wii Settings, go to the second page, and then turn off WiiConnect24.
In order to start the jailbreak, you guys will need a computer with a stable internet connection, SD Card reader, and also an SD Card that’s formatted in FAT32 or FAT16.
Note: This hack applies to the original Nintendo Wii, not Wii-U or Wii-Mini.
How to Jailbreak Wii with Ease – Nintendo Wii
- You have to find your Wii’s MAC address. Then visit the [LetterBomb website] and enter in the MAC address in order to download the customized exploit package. Then cut the red wire.
- Keep the checkbox “Bundle the HackMii installer” ticked when you use the LetterBomb site.
- Choose the firmware version that matches yours.
- Your MAC address is listed in the Wii system options as well. It is basically located in the menu at “Internet” (page two), and then under “Console Information” as well.
- You need to format your SD card so that it is FAT32. In Windows, this is really easy to do. Right-tap on the SD card drive from My Computer or Windows Explorer and choose “Format.” Change the file system option to FAT32, leave the rest of the settings at default, and then tap on Start.
Note: Formatting the card will remove all of your data that is currently on it. Backup anything, you don’t want to lose before you format actually.
- Extract both of the modpack and LetterBomb so that the contents of these zip files are on the SD card actually. You do not have to save the zip files themselves to the SD card, only the contents.
- Then insert the SD card.
- Open the Wii system messages and then you guys have to browse to yesterday’s messages. The LetterBomb icon should show up as well. Tap on it with the Wii remote pointer.
The Wii will install LetterBomb and Hackmii actually. When you do that it will ask you to Push 1 on the Wiimote to continue. So just follow the instructions onscreen. Install the Homebrew Channel and Bootmii as well.
- Make a backup, if something breaks or bricks then you’ll be jubilant to have one. You can do this through Bootmii. If you left the Hackmii installation settings at their default, then you likely installed Bootmii as a boot2. This means to open up Bootmii you’ll need to do it via the Homebrew Channel.
- Now open the Homebrew channel and tap on the Home button on the Wiimote. Open Bootmii.
- Bootmii does not use the Wii remote so you will need to use the buttons on the console itself for this part actually. Well, you can also use a Gamecube controller if you have one.
- Tap on the power button on the Wii console three times in order to go to the last option. And then click the reset button to choose it.
- Tap on the reset to select the first option. Follow what it says on the screen to proceed along with creating the backup.
- The backup is saved to the SD card actually.
I suggest you to copy the backup files off the of the SD card onto your computer and then upload them Dropbox or another backup solution as well. This way if your Wii ever fails you’ll then know where you can find them.
- Back in the Homebrew channel, open the Wii Mod Batch. It should be the first title listed on the screen actually. It will then automatically install each and everything.
- Open Priiloader from the Homebrew channel. It’s the weird looking one with orange text actually. Well, after it is loaded:
- Push + on the Wiimote in order to install Priiloader.
- Then simultaneously hold Rest + Power on the console itself in order to restart the Wii into Priiloader.
- Turn on the following hacks (and any others that you want):
- Auto press A at health screen
- Region free each and everything
- Block disc updates
- Block online updates
- Remove NoCopy Save File Protection
You are good to go. If you have any queries and issues related to this “jailbreak wii” article then let us know in the comments section below.
Also See: The Best OneNote Add Ins You Can Use