How To Make Photo Square Using Online Tools
If you want to make a photo square without using the cropping tools. Then you can now use the online tools to make photo squares. But when you take a photo with your phone or a camera then the photo will either be in landscape mode or in portrait mode. Although there will be times when you need to make a photo square.
This can be done without losing any details. And the most common way to make a photo square is either to resize or crop the picture. Now you can resize it when you may distort the image. If you crop then you may lose a lot of details in your photo. In order to deal with that, you can simply resize the canvas. Let’s have a look!
Also see: How to Fix Youtube Videos Not Playing
To Make Photo Square using online tools:
Step 1: The One-Click Option to make photo square:
In this case, if you are looking for a one-click web app to turn a rectangle photo. If you want to make a square without cropping it. This is one of the best options out there. Now the Kapwing removed the watermark from its free version. The only thing you have to do is to drag and drop your photo. You just have to wait a few seconds for it to process.
Now the app will automatically apply white padding to your picture. This just to make a perfect square. This process is not just that. In this, you have also the option to choose between other aspect ratios such as 4:5, 5:4, 16:9. After that, you can also make another modification setting. If you are going to align your image then left-right, and bottom, etc. But when you are satisfied with your changes then click on the red Export Image button on the top right side of the web page.
By using the next page you can click on the big download button on the left side of the image. This download is of the jpeg version of it.
Step 2: The Pixlr option to make photo square:
- If you want to make a photo square without cropping then we are going to use a free tool called Pixlr. This tool is basically a web tool. The operating system of this tool is that it is independent and you can use it right in your web browser.
- First of all, you have to start off the head over to the Pixlr site. Now select the option Open Image from Computer.
- By using this window you can easily navigate to the folder. In this case, if your photo is stored then select it. In the next step click on the Open button.
- After that, it will open the photo in the Pixlr editor. Then click on the option Canvas Size under the Image tab.
- If you are using the landscape image then they match height with width. In the portrait image, they match width with height. From my photo in landscape mode, I can change the photo’s canvas height to match the width.
- Then select the Center tile next to Anchor to center the photo in the canvas. In the next step, you can complete your changes. Then click on the Ok button to apply the changes.
- When you apply the changes then it is how it looks like in the Pixlr editor. If you can see it then we can add the white space. But both on the top and bottom of the photo to make it square without distorting or losing details.
- If you want to save the photo then select the option Save under the File tab.
- You just have to enter a new name for the file then select JPEG format. Then leave the quality setting at default and click on the Ok button.
- By using the next window you have to click on the Save button to save the photo.
- In this case, if you open the downloaded photo with the image viewer of your choice. Then you can see that the photo is squared.
Step 3: The Mac
The Polar Photo Editor is available on the macOS App Store that could be used as integration to the photo editor. They can separate editing tools altogether. If it is not specifically made for Instagram then the tool helps you to get square photos by adding padding.
When you download the Polar Photo Editor. Then you can open the editor app and import the picture. If you can load the picture then click on the adjustments tab on the right side of the screen. Now move down and click on the Border option.
Then select the aspect ratio and border color from the custom menu available on the screen. You have to click on the Save button. Now the save changes to the photo and iPhoto library will be updated immediately. In case, if you are using an iPhone then it is probably in your iPhone photo library as well.
Step 4: The Windows
By using the Square Size No Crop Photo Maker is a Windows app. It helps you to do what is require for it. In this case, the app is available on the Windows store and could be downloaded for free.
When you download it then opens the app and clicks on the gallery tab. If you can select a photo to be imported and edited. Then the photo is imported and you will see a number of editing options at the bottom. Now you can select solid or blur backgrounds. Also, you can add and select from multiple editing options like stickers, effects, etc.
In this step, you are done with editing the images. Then click on the download icon on the top right. In case, if you are not able to see some options or the download button. Then switch to full-screen mode. Now, this app seems to be optimized for full-screen use.
Also visit: Guest Mode App: 6 Guest Apps for Android
Hope you liked this article. Are you going to use this photo square app? Let us know in the comment section below.