How to Open .pages file in Windows 10
Pages are the Apple version of Microsoft Word but, unlike Word or any of the other software. That actually comes with a Microsoft 365 subscription, it’s actually free on Mac devices. This means that you are more likely to come across a Pages document now than you may have been in the past as well. Let’s discuss How to Open .pages file in Windows 10.
Well, the trouble with this is that, like with most Apple software, However, pages and the Windows ecosystem do not really get along well. If you guys try to open up a Pages file on a computer running Windows 10, then you will get three different error messages, and it still won’t open as well.
Well, if the document is only one page, and you only need to see it. Then you can do this through converting it to a zip file, extracting it, and also looking at the preview, however, this is not useful in most of the situations.
In order to open a Pages file and actually be able to edit it, you guys will either need to send it back to the person who sent it to you. And asks them to convert it before sending it, or you will need to use a third-party app such as CloudConvert convert it.
- 1 How to Open .pages file in Windows 10
- 1.0.1 See Apple Pages, Numbers, or Keynote Documents on Windows 10
- 1.0.2 Convert Pages, Keynotes, and Numbers documents to Microsoft Office Documents on Your Mac
- 1.0.3 Convert Pages, Keynote, and Numbers documents to Microsoft Office Documents on Your iPhone or iPad
- 1.0.4 Convert Pages, Numbers, and Keynote documents to Microsoft Office Documents via iCloud
- 1.0.5 Conclusion
How to Open .pages file in Windows 10
Fortunately, there is a super simple trick in order to open the .Pages format from Microsoft apps in Windows. That includes Word, and it involves convincing the PC that the pages file is not pages format, however, instead of a zip (yes, such as a zip archive). You can also do this along with a simple file extension modification from the Windows file system. And although it is not an ideal solution (a better method would be to simply re-save the pages file to be compatible with the word from the get-go), it does really work:
Well, in 2017, the company made the suite available for free for Mac computers and iOS devices as well. What this actually means is that a lot more users are probably using it instead of opening their wallet for a Microsoft Office 365 subscription.
However, that also means users of Microsoft’s suite are likely to come across an Apple Pages document occasionally. If you want to view it, then you have a few options. The easiest option is to upload the file to Apple’s iCloud, that is great if you use Apple’s service actually.
However, what if you guys do not use iCloud? Here is a look at how you can open and see the Apple Pages, Numbers, and even Keynote files on Windows 10 as well.
See Apple Pages, Numbers, or Keynote Documents on Windows 10
If you guys do not have access to a Mac, then you can view the first page of a Pages document. The first worksheet of a Numbers workbook, and the first slide of a Keynote presentation as well. We are going to use a Pages document as an example.
- Whenever you try to open an Apple Pages file in Microsoft Word, you will then see the following dialog box.
- When you tap on OK, yet another dialog box displays as well.
- If you click Yes or No, a third dialog box will appear. Microsoft really wants you to know that it can’t open the file actually.
- Tap on OK to finally get out of this process.
- Well, the interesting thing about Pages documents is that they are compressed files. Just simply change the extension of the file to .zip to see the contents of the file.
- Whenever you change the file extension to .zip, the following confirmation dialog box shows. Tap on Yes in order to change the extension.
- You can also use any zip program, such as 7-Zip, to extract the files from the Pages file.
- Whenever you extract the .zip file, you will then find many image files. Open the largest image file in your favorite image editor to see the first page of the document.
You can also insert the image file into a Word document, however, you won’t be able to edit the document. In the next section, we’ll show you how you can convert Pages documents to Word documents. As well as Numbers files to Excel files and Keynote files to PowerPoint files too.
Convert Pages, Keynotes, and Numbers documents to Microsoft Office Documents on Your Mac
The previous method basically works if all you want to do is just read the first page, worksheet, or slide in Pages, Numbers, or Keynote documents too. However, if you want to see more of the documents or edit them, then you need to convert them to Microsoft Office documents actually.
If you have access to a Mac, then you can convert Pages documents to Word documents in the Pages app. The process in order to convert Numbers or Keynote documents is just the same.
- Simply open the document that you want to convert in Pages and then head to File > Export To > Word.
- The Word tab at the top of the Export Your Document dialog box should be active actually.
- In order to add a password to the document, you need to check the Require password to open the box. Enter a password in the Password box and then again in the Verify box. Now type a hint in the Password Hint box in order to remind yourself of your password.
- Now under Advanced Options, the Format drop-down list allows you to save the document as a .docx file (Office 2007 and later) or also a .doc file (Office 2003 or earlier) as well.
- Tap on Next.
- Then enter a name for the Word document in the Save As box and then choose where you want to save it.
- Then, Tap on Export.
Convert Pages, Keynote, and Numbers documents to Microsoft Office Documents on Your iPhone or iPad
If you guys do not have a Mac, however, you have an iPhone or iPad, you can use your iOS device in order to convert your iWorks document to a Microsoft Office document. Again, we are going to use a Pages document as an example too.
- First, open your document in Pages on your iPhone or iPad and click on the menu button (three horizontal dots) in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- On the More screen, just tap Export.
- The Export screen basically offers four formats to convert your document to. You can also select any of these formats, however, for this example, we are going to use Word.
- Just click on Word.
- You will there see the Choose How to Send link at the bottom of the Export screen.
- You do not need to click on the link. The Share screen automatically displays.
- Press the method that you want to use to transfer the converted file to your Windows PC. We used Dropbox actually.
Convert Pages, Numbers, and Keynote documents to Microsoft Office Documents via iCloud
If you guys do not own an Apple device, then you can set up a free iCloud account or log in to an existing account. Then just open the appropriate app for the document that you want to convert.
Well, the easiest way to upload a document to your iCloud account is just to drag it onto the browser tab where you are running the iWork app in your account. Whenever the document is uploaded, just tap on the menu button (three horizontal dots) in the lower-right corner of the document icon and choose Download a Copy.
- On the Select, a download format dialog box, click Word. This allows you to edit the document on your Windows PC actually.
- If all you want to do is just view the document (beyond just the first page). Then you can select PDF or EPUB.
- The iWork app in your iCloud account basically creates a file for download.
- Whenever the Opening dialog box displays, you have to choose Save File and tap on OK.
- Or, if you want to see it right away, then select Open with. Microsoft Word should be chosen in the drop-down list automatically as well.
- If you guys are saving the file, then choose a location and also enter a name in the File name box. Also, make sure you keep the .docx extension.
- Then, tap on Save.
You are good to go. If you have any queries and issues related to this article then let us know in the comments section below.