How to Turn Off iPhone X and Latest
If you guys have an iPhone X or iPhone 11, there is actually a new way to turn off your phone actually. On older iPhones, you guys would tap and hold the Side (Power) button. Until you saw the Slide in order to Power Off option to turn off the phone. Now, tapping and holding the Side button on an iPhone X or iPhone 11 activates Siri as well. Let’s now discuss How to Turn Off iPhone X and Latest.
You guys can still use a button sequence in order to turn off your iPhone, and we will show you an option for turning off your iPhone without even using the buttons. We will also show you a few methods in order to restart your iPhone as well.
There are basically three main methods to turn off your iPhone X or later iPhone with no Home button. You guys can also power down your iPhone inside the iOS Settings, reboot your iPhone along with a hard reset as well. Or shut down the device via the physical buttons on your iPhone actually. If you have to reboot a slow or frozen iPhone X, then this article will actually teach you how you can recover from a blank screen. Or frozen Apple logo through performing a hard or soft restart on the iPhone XS. Keep on reading to learn how to power off your iPhone, how you can perform a hard reset, and how you can restart your iPhone X or later.
How to Turn Off iPhone X and Latest Using the Buttons
There are actually two ways you can turn off your iPhone X or iPhone 11 via the buttons.
One method is you can tap and hold either the Volume Up button or the Volume Down button and the Side button simultaneously unless you see the Slide to Power Off slider actually.
Just like that, you can instantly tap on the Volume Up button followed by the Volume Down button. And then tap and hold the Side button in order to access the Slide to Power Off slider. When you are using this method, the SOS slider does not actually display. If you guys are nervous about accidentally triggering a 911 call, then you can use this method too.
After you use either of the button sequences, you then need to drag the Slide to Power Off slider to the right. However, if you cancel either method via the Cancel button at the bottom, then you will have to enter your passcode in order to access your phone.
Disable Your iPhone in Settings
Well, if you guys are not comfortable using the buttons in order to turn off your iPhone. Then you can do this in Settings.
- First, on the Home screen, you have to tap Settings.
- Then on the Settings screen, just tap General.
- Click on the Shut Down at the bottom of the General screen.
- Then, drag the Slide to Power Off slider to the right in order to turn off your iPhone.
Enable Your iPhone
Turning your iPhone back on has not changed actually. You just simply press and hold the Side button until you see the Apple logo on the screen actually.
Restart Your iPhone via the Buttons
- If you guys need to restart your iPhone instead of turning it off, then you have a few options.
- Restarting your iPhone via the buttons is just the same to the second method of turning it off discussed above.
- First, instantly tap on the Volume Up button once.
- Then, just quickly tap on the Volume Down button once.
- Tap and hold the Side button and then keep holding it down even whenever you see the Slide to Power Off slider. Keep on holding the Side button down until you see the Apple logo actually.
Whenever you are using this method, be careful. If you do not the first tap on the Volume Up button. Then the Volume Down button before tapping and holding the Side button. Then you could activate the SOS feature and automatically dial emergency services as well.
Restart Your iPhone Using AssistiveTouch
There are also other options in order to restart your iPhone if you are uncomfortable with the button method actually. AssistiveTouch is also a really useful iPhone Accessibility feature that basically allows you to perform many tasks without even using the buttons on the phone. That includes restarting your phone. It is not actually enabled by default as well.
- In order to turn on the AssistiveTouch, go to the Settings app, and click Accessibility.
- Then, tap on the Touch on the Accessibility screen as well.
- On the Touch screen, you need to tap AssistiveTouch.
- If you want to enable AssistiveTouch, then just tap the AssistiveTouch slider button so that it turns green.
- Then, you have to add the Restart option to the AssistiveTouch menu actually. Click on Customize Top Level Menu.
- Click any of the options on the Customize Top Level Menu screen. You guys can replace any option along with the Restart option. You can also add more icons to the menu via the plus and minus buttons as well.
- Then scroll via the list and tap Restart in order to select it. Then, click on Done.
- In order to restart your iPhone, click the AssistiveTouch button on your Home screen and then tap on Restart.
- Now on the confirmation dialog that shows, then tap on Restart.
Restart Your iPhone via the Voice Control
Well, along with iOS 13, you guys can now restart your iPhone completely hands-free via the Voice Control, with is another Accessibility feature too.
If you guys have never used Voice Control, then you need to set it up and turn it on. Don’t worry, it’s really easy.
- You need to go to Settings and click on Accessibility. Then, click on Voice Control.
- Now on the Voice Control screen, just tap on Set Up Voice Control.
- You’ll see a screen telling you what you can do with Voice Control.
- Click on Continue.
- The next screen provides you examples of what you can say via the Voice Control. You can also scroll through the list in order to get an idea of how you can use Voice Control.
- Then click Done.
Whenever Voice Control is turned on, you will then see a blue and white microphone icon in the upper-left corner of the screen by the time actually.
When you have set up Voice Control, you can enable it via Siri. Just simply say “Hey Siri,” and then you have to say “Turn on Voice Control.” as well. Then, you can use the “Reboot Device” command along with Voice Control and click on Restart.
- In order to reboot your iPhone via the Voice Control, say “Reboot Device.” Then, just click Restart on the confirmation dialog that shows.
- That’s just it. Now you know all the ways in which you can shut down or restart your iPhone X or above as well.
You are good to go. If you have any queries and issues related to this article then let us know in the comments section below.
Also See: Is wmpnetwk.exe Is Safe & How To Fix It?