Are you looking for a way to install Windows 10 version 1809? Officially Windows 10 version 1809 is available on October 2. The update is incremental that introduces many latest features and many improvements to make users more secure or productive in an online world.
In Windows 10 October 2018 update, you can expect all the latest features like the new clipboard experience that syncs devices, the Screen Sketch tool to capture screenshots, and Your mobile app to attach your mobile with your PC. Also, you’ll find other amazing features such as SwiftKey, Typing insights, and Windows HD Color, or design tweaks, like Fluent Design touches or the dark theme for File Explorer, and much more.
The latest version will initiate rolling out slowly, and identical to the earlier release, Microsoft is want to use AI to deliver the Windows 10 version 1809 reliably. It means that not every device will be updated at the same time. Supported devices also get it first, and then after the update proves to be stable, Microsoft makes it available to other devices.
In this guide, we’ll let you three efficient ways to install the “October 2018 Update” on your PC, laptop, or tablet.
Install Windows 10 1809 October 2018 Update:
- Install Windows 10 October 2018 Update Via Windows Update
- Use Media Creation Tool To Install Windows Version 1809
- Install Windows 10 October 2018 Update Manually/Update Assistant
Install Windows 10 October 2018 Update Via Windows Update
If you want to use Windows Update to force the installation of model 1809, use these instructions:
- Move to Settings.
- Then tap on Update & Security.
- Also, click the Windows Update icon.
- Then click or tap on the Check for updates button.
- Now tap the Restart Now button when the update has been installed on your device.
Once done. the latest feature update will install or download using the same process as cumulative updates. But now, it’ll just take a few minutes to apply.
Use Media Creation Tool To Install Windows Version 1809
If your device isn’t viewing the latest version via Windows Update, and you know it supports your hardware configuration. Then you can perform Windows 10 in-place upgrade using all the latest features and improvements manually through Media Creation Tool.
When it is updated to upgrade devices to model 1809, you can then install or download this Update using these instructions:
- Visit the official Microsoft support website in your web browser. (Link)
- Then tap the Download tool now icon.
- Now double-tap the file named MediaCreationTool1809.exe to start the upgrade process.
- Now tap the Accept button to agree to the Microsoft terms.
- Choose the Upgrade this PC now option.
- In step six simply tap the Accept button another time to agree to the notice and license terms.
- Then confirm that the Keep personal files and apps option is chosen. (When the option isn’t chosen. Then tap the Change what to keep link to select or pick the exact option. Just to keep your settings, files, and apps after the upgrade.)
- At the end just tap the Install button.
After successfully completing the instructions, the Media Creation Tool will start installing the Windows 10 version 1809 on your PC keeping your settings, apps, and data.
If you’re facing or encountering any issues problems while installing the new version. Then you use the Media Creation Tool to make bootable media. Also, you can use it to perform a clean installation of Windows 10 with the latest update.
Install Windows 10 October 2018 Update Manually/Update Assistant
On the other hand, when your device completely supports, but you’re facing issues with Windows Update or the Media Creation Tool, you can then try using this technique:
If you like to upgrade your PC to the new variant of Windows 10 through the Update Assistant, use these instructions:
- Visit the official Microsoft support website in your web browser.
- Then tap the Update now button.
- Also, double-tap the Windows10Upgrade file to begin the tool.
- Tap the Update Now button.
- When the tool confirms that your hardware is supported, tap the Next button.
- Tap the Restart Now button.
After you’ve completed the instructions, then the Update Assistant tools will install the files to successfully upgrade your devices like files, apps, or settings. But the process takes 1 hour depending on your hardware configuration and Wifi speed.
That all about it…..!
I hope you like our article. But let us know which of the following method you are using to upgrade your device to variant 1809? Share your thoughts with us!
Till then! Stay Happy