Internet unable to connect: how to fix it?
It is a common problem that while using the internet it usually shows the error of the internet unable to connect. Many users feel irritated. If you want to deal with it then you have to look at the three main causes and solutions in this article.
I hope that when you have finished reading this article it will help you to resolve this issue. Then you will have identified the reason and will have found a solution. It is also suggested that perform these options step by step.
To Switch the Ethernet can help you to resolve the issue of Internet unable to connect:
The main issue for your internet unable to connect is that either you are streaming, playing a game, or watching or anything else. You must need a reliable Wi-fi connection. When you can spend money on repeaters then you can access points or other Wi-Fi boosters to use. Then you can never rely on Wi-Fi to provide consistent low latency networking issues.
Wi-Fi connectivity issues will always have variables and more latency than a traditional cable. In case, if you absolutely cannot deal with your internet unable to connect out at random process. Then we would suggest using an ethernet cable. But many times it can be a combination of the Wi-Fi card in the laptop itself. There is some kind of interference between your router and your laptop devices.
Also, another Wi-Fi signal to a physical object can cause issues with Wi-Fi connectivity. Then it will never be as reliable as simply plugging the ethernet cable into your laptop and connecting it to your router. Now you can purchase ethernet cables of lengths up to 100 meters on Amazon for an affordable price. This solution is such a cheap solution even if you do not yet have the hardware.
In case, if you can get an ethernet cable it can still get issues with your laptop unable to connect issues. Then even though ethernet we just have some solutions for you below.
To Check the Drivers so that they can help you to resolve the issue of Internet unable to connect:
Many of the drivers should also be functional when you first purchase a new laptop or any other device. If some of the drivers can be outdated then especially if you are forced to do new Windows 10 updates straight out of the box.
This also means that fixing your network connection on your laptop that could be as simple as upgrading your networking drivers. The network drivers must be to the latest version. When you are using any other driver’s CDs included with your laptop then you should go straight to the driver website. Now we will move you to through each of the steps necessary given below.
- In the First step, You have to open the Start menu and then search for Device Manager.
- Now click on the Device Manager in the search results.
- After that click on the Device Manager window, then look for network adapters.
- Then click on the arrow next to network adapters to reveal the list.
Make sure that you have a list of drivers. Now you must look for an ethernet driver and a wireless network adapter to use. In this case, if we found Killer E2500 Gigabit Ethernet Controller #2 and Killer Wireless-AC 1550i Wireless Network Adapter to use in your devices. Then we have our two driver names available. The first one is for Wi-Fi and the second one is for ethernet. Then we just have to need to search for these names on Google to find the latest updates to these drivers.
If you are searching for these drivers then make sure you download them from the official website. If you download this directly to Killer’s website. Then read through the download page carefully then there are often different download options available on your devices. Also, you should only need the driver itself and not any additional bloatware.
Now you should be able to find the direct download links for just the drivers to download it. We hope that information about when the latest driver update is launched. When you download it then runs the program and goes through the installation process from it. In the next step, if the process has completed it is best to restart your laptop.
Then you can run a network test or start your days as usual. After applying this procedure hopefully, the internet issue will have been resolved.
To Disable or Pause OneDrive or Cloud-based Apps:
It is also possible that your laptop works completely fine. Also, your apps may be causing bandwidth issues so that makes your internet hang for a second. But the biggest culprit for this can be cloud-based apps. In case, if you have a cloud saving set up then you should remove these apps or restrict them to run.
In the cloud backup app, you can save everything in the background that should not impact basic internet usage. Also, if you need a consistent network connection. After that, if you are playing games, or when streaming, you may want to restrict to use and run in the background.
Every cloud storage app will have different settings in it but we will also explain how you can stop OneDrive from running in the background. Also in the OneDrive app, it is the default cloud storage app on Windows 10 and some people may have it activated without even realizing it.
- If you want to pause the OneDrive app, then click on the arrow button available in the notification area. That arrow is available at the bottom right of your screen.
- In the next step, right-click on the OneDrive cloud icon. Then you will then be given a number of options. You have to click Pause syncing and then choose one of the available options that are given.
- In case, if you use this option then you will have only pause syncing for the selected time. Also, if the time is up then you must have manually pause it again. Then it would rather disable OneDrive completely or follow the steps explained below.
- Sadly, in most versions of Windows 10, it will not allow you to uninstall OneDrive into your device. Then you must unlink it from your account instead of it. In your laptop now it will no longer sync files to your devices. If you do this then you have to open the toolbar on the notification area. In the next step, then right-click on the OneDrive icon.
- Now click on the Settings. It is also available on the new window that appears on the screen. Then click on the Unlink PC. After that click on the Unlink account when it is prompted.
- Also, if you are not using the OneDrive app but use a different cloud app. Then you can uninstall it by searching the Start menu for Add or Remove Programs of your device.
To Limit the Home Network Activity:
In case if you have to follow all of the steps so you can still haven’t found a solution. While using the next suggestion you would be here to monitor your network activity when you notice dropouts.
It is the process of trial and error. It is also the best way to do it and can be to disconnect all internet-connected devices. Now you can connect to each device again one by one. You can also run network tests in between. You just have to do this until you find the device that may be causing the issue.
Now you can then investigate that device to see if it is uploading or downloading content in the background of your device or not. It also includes smart tech like Amazon Echo or Google Assistant it may have backups enabled in your device. That device could be a smartphone or other internet-connected device. It will help you to upload the files to a cloud backup service.
Related articles: Bluetooth: Make Your Computer Bluetooth Capable
The way to find the exact cause of your internet unable to connect problem it may take some time. Also, the positive and plus side is that if you have found it then you would need to troubleshoot the same problems again. It is a common problem that while using the internet it usually shows the error of the internet unable to connect. Many users feel irritated.
Hope you liked this article. If you have any questions lets us know in the comment section below.