Lock Screen: How To Customize Your iPhone With Finger Lock
In this article, you will learn that how to customize iPhone Lock Screen. In case if you have a jailbroken iPhone or iPad at your disposal. So, it is also possible to come and enjoy a newly released and free jailbreak tweak dubbed FingerLock by iOS developer MTAC.
Then this did not get until technology shrunk down sufficiently. So, the mobile phone makers could incorporate the tiny aspects of personal choice. Also, the best options for personalization that have screensaver changes and by replacing the phone’s protective cover.
Now, all the mobile phone users today will scoff at the notion of the limited choices from back then. Then the technology has grown exponentially since those days. In this case, you can now change almost every visible element on your iPhone. You have to keep reading and we will also show how with these clever tricks.
All the Citing details are provided to us in the tweak’s Cydia depiction. The FingerLock also provides you the user with a bevy of Lock screen-centric customization options. Now, you can also help it stand out from the crowd. In this case, the tweak purportedly includes the following features.
- 1 Customize Your iPhone Lock screen:
- 2 5 ways To Customize Your iPhone lock:
- 2.1 1. Make your own app icons for the lock screen:
- 2.2 2. To Take it further with the Widget smith app
- 2.3 3. The Stack and move multiple apps at the same time To Lock screen:
- 2.4 4. To Create/customize your own iPhone widgets:
- 2.5 5. To Hiding pages and apps
Customize Your iPhone Lock screen:
- To Customize the styling of the unlock button.
- Then Long press or Tap to unlock button.
- You have to change the unlock button’s Y coordinate (height).
- After that, you can also enable one of four unique haptic feedback patterns when unlocking.
- Also, skip the passcode after respringing your device.
- Then Hide the Lock screen that unsightly page dots.
- Now, Hide the ‘Press home to unlock’ or ‘Swipe up to unlock’ text, And much more.
This is upon installing the tweak, you’ll find a dedicated preference pane. That preference pane is available in the Settings app. So, that you can also configure it however you like. So, Here, you can.
- You have to toggle the FingerLock on or off on demand.
- Then Enable or disable the Lock screen’s unlock button.
- To Choose between tap or long then press to unlock.
- You have to configure the unlock button’s height on the Lock screen.
- Then choose between one of four haptic feedback types:
- A Peek
- The Pop
- A Vibrate
- The None
- To Enable a passcode that is skipping when respringing your device.
- You can also hide the Lock screen’s page dots.
- After that hide the Lock screen’s unlock text.
So, the developer also provides you the two options at the bottom of the preference pane. It includes an Apply button to save your settings. Then the Reset button reverts them to their defaults.
5 ways To Customize Your iPhone lock:
1. Make your own app icons for the lock screen:
So, Personal customization also helps you to make us unique. Also, you can change your iPhone Home and Lock Screen. This is why not inject some of your own styles. Just by making your own app icons? Also, it is very sound and complex then it is rather easy to do. So, you can also change the icons of any app. Then you also want through the Shortcuts app. Then Here is how.
- First of all, you have to open the Shortcuts app. Then Note is that it is a pre-installed app from Apple.
- This is in the top right-hand corner and tap on the + icon.
- Click on the Add Action.
- By using the search bar, type Open App and tap it.
- Also, in the Scripting banner and next option to Open, tap Choose.
- Now, select the app that you want.
- Click on the three dots under Next.
- Then click on the Add to Home Screen.
- Now, on this screen, if you can change the name and icon of the app.
- Then by Tapping the name will allow you to change it.
- By Tapping on the icon itself then you will be given the choice of image sources.
- You have to navigate to the image if you want to use the icon to be.
- Click on the Add and then click on the Done.
2. To Take it further with the Widget smith app
In case, if you prefer something a bit more professional. Then the Widget smith app is worth a try. Also, this app is free to use then it does include in-app purchases. Now, it won’t change the icons on your phone. Then it can dynamically change your Home Screen throughout the day. So, the app comes with several customizable widgets that you can toggle to your liking.
The Built-in scheduling allows you to program which widgets are displayed on your Home Screen. So, this is at different times of the day. Now, you can set the weather and email widget to pop up first thing in the morning and a list of your tasks around midday. This is up to you which widgets get displayed throughout the day and for how long.
3. The Stack and move multiple apps at the same time To Lock screen:
You have to Keep your Home Screen organized can be a chore. Most importantly, If you must move each app to the right place individually. Now, you could also put all of the apps that you want to move in a folder. You can also move that to the correct window. Luckily, there is a much faster way to do this.
- Then Long press on your Home Screen.
- So, the app icons will also start to wiggle.
- Click and then hold and slightly drag the first app you want to move.
- In case, if you still holding down with that finger. You have to use another finger to tap more app icons than you also want to move.
- Also, the icons will stack underneath the original app icon.
- Then Drag it to the window you want, and the icons will fan out roughly. This is in the order that they were stacked.
4. To Create/customize your own iPhone widgets:
So, the default layout of the iPhone’s Home Screen works perfectly well. You have to get faster access to a certain app, action, or information. Then by creating your own widget can work wonders. By most of the apps on your phone support the creation of widgets. This is also far better to create a mail widget to check emails than to go into the app. So, Here is how to create your own widgets or customize existing ones:
- You have to Long press on the Home Screen until the icons start to wiggle.
- On the top left-hand corner, you have to tap on the + icon.
- Also, on this screen, you will be shown a wide selection of pre-made widgets that you can use.
- You can also scroll down and then tap the widget you want.
- In case, if this is available, then select customization options.
- Click on the Add Widget.
5. To Hiding pages and apps
You have to keep your personal information safe should be a top priority. So, Sadly, the scenario of getting your phone stolen. Also, you can make it difficult for criminals to access apps with sensitive data. Now, you could also hide an iOS page from snooping teenagers. Then here is how to hide a window:
- First of all, you have to long-press on the Home Screen until the icons wiggle.
- Click on the app page dot icons at the bottom.
- Then select which pages you want to display on the Home Screen
- After that click on the Done.
In case, if you don’t want app icons to appear on the Home Screen after downloading:
- Click on the Settings.
- Then tap on the Home Screen.
- You have to select the option for App Library only.
- After that, you can also turn on reminder notifications about where the apps are located.
Also, if you are interested in adding a bit more spunk to your handset’s Lock screen. So, you will find the Finger Lock tweak free of cost in the Packix repository in Cydia or Sileo. Then tweak also supports all jailbroken iOS 11. Which one is your favorite feature of Finger Lock? Kindly, share your thoughts in the comments section below.