Methods to Find the IP Address of your Windows 10 PC
Are you desiring to remote desktop into a PC or other device, that you have to know the PC or device’s IP address( IP Config Windows 10)? The computer’s IP address is, just as the name recommends, an address that gives an identity for your device on a network is, just as the name recommends, an address that gives identity for your device on a network. However, whether it’s a local network within an intranet at a business, your home, or a massive network like the Internet. Similarly, whenever you visit a website on the Internet uses a unique IP address, too. Fortunately, for that, we are able to use simple names like Microsoft.com using DNS.
Why would you like to know your IP address, though? Alright, we are living in a world where we are surrounded by multiple devices that require to talk and communicate with each other. Whether it is connecting two computers together in a peer to peer fashion for sharing resources or for accessing another device remotely. Also, if you are desiring to troubleshoot devices on a network, knowing your IP Address is able to help you a lot.
Methods to Find the IP Address of a Windows 10 PC
A few methods are there by which you are able to find your IP address. So let’s take a start with the easiest and the simplest method that permits you to use the UI and not the command line.
- Head over to the Settings > Network & Internet.
- Then choose either Wi-Fi or Ethernet (depending on how the device connects). In this example, I’m connected to Ethernet.
- Next, you have to choose the Ethernet Connected icon.
- Drop down to the Properties section and you’ll view here IPV4 address information.
However, finding your Wi-Fi IP address is quite different.
- Still go to the Settings > Network & Internet, but then choose Advanced options.
- Next, you have to drop down to the Properties section to view the IP address of the device.
Using the Command Prompt Find an IP Address
- Right-click the Start button.
- Or hit Windows Key+X to bring up the hidden quick access menu.
- So then choose the Command Prompt (Admin) or choose Windows PowerShell (Admin) depending on your version of Windows 10.
- Now here you have to type: IPconfig then presses the Enter key.
Similarly, in this case, I am connected to both Wireless and Wired networks. So I have IP addresses displayed for both.
Find IP Address Using Settings
The Settings app is another place that you are able to use to look for the networking configuration of your device, on Windows 10 S.
- Head over to the Settings.
- Tap on Network & Internet.
- Choose Wi-Fi.
- Now tap the wireless network you’re connected to.
However, under the “Properties,” you’ll find your new network address in the IPv4 address field. In addition, in this section, you’ll find other networking information, like the DNS address, wireless signal protocol, and SSID (Service Set Identifier), MAC address, and more. Although for some odd cause, you won’t find your current IPv6 information.
- Go to the Settings.
- Here tap on Network & Internet.
- Press the Ethernet.
- Finally, tap on the Ethernet connection.
Similarly, your IP address will be displayed in the IPv4 address field, under properties
Find IP address using System Information
On Windows 10 S, you are able to even use the System Information tool to figure out the IP address. Other networking information about your device.
- Firstly open the Start.
- Then search for System Information. Press the result to open the tool.
- Expand the Network group.
- Then choose the Adapter.
Look for the name of your adapter, on the right side. And you will be able to find your recent address next to the IP Address field. Note that if your adapter has IPv4 and IPv6 configurations, so then they both will appear in the IP Address field.
Related Article: Different Ways To Find IP Address Of Windows 10
IP Config Windows 10-Conclusion
These were some of the best methods that are able to help you to find the IP address on Windows 10 in a matter of seconds. And if you have been facing any issues on your Windows 10 devices, so then let us know below.
I hope you can now find your IP address very easily. Further, if you like to share any other way for our reader then share it with us.