On Windows 10 Black Screen Of Death: How to Fix this Issue
Are you ready to fix the black screen on Windows 10? The only thing that is worse than a black screen of death is a black screen that does not even throw you a bone by telling you about what is wrong. So with Windows 10, this can occur. Black screens during installations, updates, or at complete random have been reported by a number of users. Sometimes, nothing at all appears on the screen. Other times, you may have a mouse and keyboard but no desktop environment.
However, receiving a blue screen of death is worse. But at least your PC will tell you that there is something wrong with it. Alternatively, if you end up with a black screen of death, so you are on your own. You are left guessing what the issue is. Similarly, if in any case, when Windows 10 gives you a black screen and no error message. So the only way to identify and resolve the issue is good methodical troubleshooting. Let’s take a start altogether.
So take a glance at its reasons and solutions on way to fix a black screen of death error on Windows 10. So this way, you are able to resolve the problem without having to impulsively ditch your PC.
Identify If Your PC Is Functioning (Black Screen of Death)
A capable reason for a black screen problem is that the setup process during a Windows 10 installation is not yet complete. If you have large data files from an earlier Windows installation, don’t be surprised if the setup takes up hours of your time.
However, if you did not know this, so then you must go ahead and assume Windows is already installed. If so, it must be the cause that why you have a black screen. Similarly, the solution is to identify if your PC is still working.
- Here you have to first adjust the LED that displays hard drive activity. So now, observe it.
- If this light is blinking, so then it means the setup procedure is still ongoing. So in this case, all you have to do is wait for it to complete.
- Similarly, if it is not lighting up so that it means the setup process is stuck. And it is not able to proceed more.
Read Article: Different Ways To Change Messenger Notification Sound
Disable the PC
Similarly, the setup process is not receiving you anywhere. So then it means that you have to try again.
- Here you have to use the power button to disable your computer. If it does not turn off the way it usually does. For this, you have to press and hold the power button for about five to ten seconds.
- Then disconnect from the net by unplugging your Ethernet cable and disabling any wireless adapters.
- Similarly, here you should disconnect other peripherals, too. This includes game controllers and external hard drives.
- Disconnect the power cord from the PC, too. Next, wait about thirty seconds to do things all over again.
- Now you are able to reconnect the power cord, peripherals, wireless adapters, and Ethernet cable. Here you have to enable the PC and install Windows again.
Change To Safe Mode
Although if the root of the issue is a hardware functioning problem. So then loading up just the important programs will save your day.
So in order to boot your system into Safe Mode, you have to start the computer. At the time you view the sign-in screen, hold downshift. Then select the power button and go with Restart.
Wake Up Your Display
However, your PC is able to provide you the black screen of death if Windows 10 is not examining the display. So the straightforward solution: force it to wake up. Just turn to your keyboard for this.
- Hit the Windows key.
- Again hit ctrl, shift, and B.
(Video Card) Install it again
However, another possibility is a damaged video card. So now here you have to do is to reinstall it.
- Hit the Windows key and choose Device Manager.
- Dropdown until you come across Display adapters. And increase this section by tapping the arrow next to it.
- Now you should select your display adapter. Right-click on it and choose Uninstall device.
- Similarly, once it is uninstalled, so then right-click on this section again. Choose Scan for hardware changes to make it reappear for you to reinstall it.
Must Read this article: How to Fix Audio Crackling in Windows 10
Update the Driver
Similarly, if your video card is not injured or damaged, so it could be outdated. If so, it is also a reason for a black screen.
- Head to the Device Manager again.
- Go to the Display adapters and then increase it. Choose your display adapter and right-tap on it. Now, here you can easily select Update driver.
Pause the Run Once Procedures
If you are receiving a black screen after you log in. So the problem could be from a method that is running.
- Hit the Windows key and launch Task Manager.
- You have to now press ctrl and shift and esc. Similarly, this will open your Task Manager.
- Now you have to check for a RunOnce.exe procedure. If it is running so then you have to, right-click on it. Then choose Stop.
- However, for the change to take effect, you should restart your PC. So then you can perform this by hitting the restart button.
- Another option is to let the Task Manager prepare. So in order to start with this, go to File.
- Choose Run new task.
- Then key in cmd and press OK.
- Simply now at the command prompt window type in shutdown -r -t 01 and press enter.
Do you Still Face the Black Screen Issues?
We can say that Windows 10 black screen issues can be persistent and perplexing. If you have gone through all of the troubleshooting steps above and you are still facing the issues. Simply your next step is to throw it out to the community.
Black Screen of Death-Conclusion
At least your computer will tell you that there is something wrong with it. Alternatively, if you end up with a black screen of death, so you are on your own. You are left guessing what the issue is. Similarly, if in any case, when Windows 10 gives you a black screen and no error message. So the only way to identify and resolve the issue is good methodical troubleshooting. We hope that this guide will help you the most.