Record Audio: How to Record Audio on Windows 10
Windows 10 provides you a feature of how to record audio on windows, I hope you will be happy to hear that there are many methods available. If you need to record your voice quickly then record the desktop audio from your computer device. Now make a professional quality voice recording so that you can get the task done with two simple apps.
The first app is already installed by default on Windows 10. On the other hand, the second app is called Audacity. This app can be downloaded from their website. When you have installed Audacity then you can follow the steps below so that you can record audio windows.
Also see: How to Change VirtualBox Host Key
How to record Audio On your computer device using windows 10?
In case, if you would like to record your system audio on Windows 10. If you record a call or the sound of a video playing in the background then you’ will need to use Audacity.
- But you have to remember that this guide will help you to record all audio on Windows 10. And if you only want to record one thing then you will need to mute all other sounds on your PC. If you may also want to brush up on some Audacity basics first.
- First of all, open the Audacity app and then familiarize yourself with the controls. Then press on the red button and start to record then press the black button and will stop. If you press the green one then you will playback anything you record.
- By using the main playback controls you can have options to set up your audio settings. Then click on the first dropdown menu box on the left side. Now you can select the Windows WASAPI. By using the second box from the left then you must select the loop down variant of your desktop audio device.
- Also, the default option will already be shown on the fourth dropdown box. Then you just simply need to find the corresponding option that includes loopback.
- In the next step, you can click on the red record button and then play the audio you want to capture. Now you have to wait until the audio has finished before clicking the black stop button to finish the recording. When you finish the recording then you may want to cut out unnecessary empty sound at the beginning and end of the clip.
- If you want to do this then simply click and drag on the area to highlight it. Then you can press the delete on your keyboard. So, you can zoom in and out to get more precise highlights of your audio.
- If you have finished then click on the File > Export > Export as MP3 and then choose a location to save your recording.
How to Record Your Voice Quickly On Windows 10
- In case, if you want to be able to quickly record your voice audio on Windows 10. Then you are not worried about background noise, static, or the overall quality of your recording. Now you can use Windows 10 and a built-in voice recorder app.
- If you want to access this then press the Windows key on your keyboard and then search for Voice Recorder. Now click on the Voice Recorder and then it appears in the search results.
- If you want to open it, then click the microphone button, and then the record will begin. In case, if it is so long as you have a microphone connected and working. Your Voice Recorder will record your voice.
- Then you can use the pause button to pause a recording. It is halfway through without finalizing the file, also you can also add milestone flags. It is also viewed then when you replaying the audio in the Voice Recorder app.
- Now if you want to find the voice recording files on your computer. Then after you have finished recording you have to right-click the recording in the user interface and then click on the Open File Location.
Ways to Record Your Voice Professionally On Windows 10:
- In case, if you want a higher quality voice recording then you should use Audacity. They should also take a look at your audio setup and then consider purchasing a better microphone. You have to make sure that your background noises are at a minimum.
- If you are ready then open the Audacity. Now click on the dropdown box on the far left and then select the MME.
- You have to Make sure that the dropdown box second to the left has your microphone or voice recording device selected. Then click on the red button to start recording. Now be silent for 10 seconds so that the recording can pick up 10 seconds of background noise. You can now begin speaking.
- When you have finished recording then click on the black stop button. In the very first step you can clean up your audio will be to select any quiet moments or moments where you make mistakes. After that Play through your recording and listen out.
- In this case, if there is a section in your recording that you would like to delete it. Then click and drag your mouse cursor over it to select it. If it is selected then press the delete button on your keyboard to delete it. Now Don’t Delete the 10-second silence at the start.
- Then if you have removed all silence, coughs, or trips over your words, you can use a tool built into Audacity. Next, you have to clean up your audio and remove background static noise.
- Then click on it and drag to highlight the first 10 seconds of your clip.
- Now click on the Effect.
- Then click on the Noise Reduction.
- After that click on Get Noise Profile.
- In this press Ctrl+A to highlight your entire audio recording.
- After that click on the Effect and Noise Reduction again.
- In this step click OK.
The Audacity app will take a moment to process the noise reduction feature. In this step, you should now be able to hear less static and background noise when replaying the audio. In the end, click and drag to select the silence at the beginning of your recording and then press delete to remove it. If you want to export your audio then click on the File > Export > Export as MP3. Then you can choose a location to save your audio.
In this case, if you are reading this guide then you should know how to record your own desktop audio. You can now record a professional voice recording with Audacity.
Related articles: If Someone is Monitoring your Computer. How to know?
If you need to record your voice quickly then record the desktop audio from your computer device. Now make a professional quality voice recording so that you can get the task done with two simple apps. The first app is already installed in Windows 10 default. On the other hand, the second app is called Audacity. This app can be download from their websites.
Hope you liked this article. If you have any questions lets us know in the comment section below.