Screensaver Not Working In Windows 10: How to Fix this Issue
Have you ever experienced this error that Screensaver not working in Windows 10? But most of the users of Windows 10 has complained that their screensaver is not working. A screensaver is assumed to appear after a prearranged time has gone. Whether you still do not view the Windows 10 screensaver even after waiting for that period of time. However, there probably be a problem with your screensaver settings. You will have to fix it for it to work.
Although you already are aware of that, why the screensaver is not functioning in Windows 10. Here you will like to try a few methods before your problem is resolved. So you do not really have to download anything. Or use any third-party apps to fix the problem. As most likely changing an option here and there in your system configuration will solve the issue for you.
- 1 To Fix The Windows 10 Screensaver Not Working Issue you have to update your system
- 2 Check The Windows 10 Screensaver Settings
- 3 Unplug The Devices You Don’t Use From Your Computer
- 4 Keep the Mouse Clean and Away From Any Movements
- 5 Reset Power Settings On Your Windows 10 Computer
- 6 Resolve Windows 10 Screensaver Problems With Power Troubleshooter
- 7 Conclusion
To Fix The Windows 10 Screensaver Not Working Issue you have to update your system
The capable causes why the screensaver is not working on your Windows 10 PC is because that you have an old version of Windows running on your PC. Previous versions are known to have problems and ditches in them and updating your device. A recent version of the operating system will likely fix the problem for you.
- First of all, you have to search for Settings from the Cortana search box. Tap on it when you view it.
- Here choose the Update & Security option on the following screen to access the Windows update option.
- However, various options will be there in the left sidebar on your screen. You have to find the one that says Windows Update and tap on it to open it.
- Now on the right-hand side pane, you will find a button saying Check for updates. Now tap on it to check for updates for your computer.
- Whetehr an update is visible, so you have to go ahead and get it installing on your PC.
Check The Windows 10 Screensaver Settings
Whilst it goes without saying that you have a screensaver chosen in the Windows 10 screensaver settings menu. So some users most of them forget to do it. So that is the reason they do not view anything come up. Even after their computer sitting idle for a while.
Although the problem can be resolved by heading to the settings menu. Choosing one of the visible screensavers for your device. At a time that is configured, that your screensaver will appear as it should.
- Now you have to use the Cortana search box to search for and go to the Settings app.
- Now you have to tap on the option that says Personalization to access the Windows 10 screensaver locations. Where you are able to see your screensavers.
- Here you have to drop-down on the right-hand side pane. Tap on the option that says Screen saver settings.
- Similarly, the screen will allow you to select one of the many screensavers present on your system. So you have to just tap on the Screen saver dropdown menu. Then choose the option of your choice, verify the wait time in the Wait box. Tap on Apply followed by OK.
Also, read this Guide: Acer Laptop Keyboard Not Working? How to troubleshoot?
Unplug The Devices You Don’t Use From Your Computer
Similarly, one of the best things about Windows PCs is that you are able to plug-in pretty much anything into them. So these pluggable items normally add USB flash drives, wireless keyboards and mouse, and even game controllers.
For as long as these devices are connecting to your PC. They use certain utilities. Sometimes, these utilities come in the way of screensaver settings. And also prevent it from functioning. Similarly, your PC thinks since you have plugged-in these devices. You are using them or planning to use them and so it keeps your PC awake.
Thus this act prevents the screensaver from organizing on your PC. Although there is a very easy method to fix it: unplug all the unwanted devices from your machine. Once that is completed, then your screensavers will continue to work in Windows 10 as they did before.
Keep the Mouse Clean and Away From Any Movements
You may already know that, why and when your PC activates the screensaver mode. Similarly, for those of you who do not, the screensaver is activated after a predefining time in the settings has passed. And also that there should have been no activity on your PC.
So keeping your keyboard away from any activities is simple. But that is not the case with a mouse. Specifically, whether your mouse collects any dust or is a place where it detects any movements, it is going to keep your device awake. It will prevent the screensaver from organizing. The problem will continue till and unless you are able to keep your mouse idle.
Similarly, the best way to fix this is to clean your mouse of any dust and try and place it on a flat surface without any movements. So then this should fix your problem whether it was caused by your peripherals.
Reset Power Settings On Your Windows 10 Computer
Although the screensaver is basically the consequences of a power plan that your PC uses. Whether these settings are not accurately configuring. Then it will lead to the screensaver not working in Windows 10.
These steps should fix it for you.
- First of all, you have to tap on the Cortana search box, search for. Then open Control Panel.
- Here you are seeing it in Large icons mode. Tap on the Power Options link.
- Now simply tap on Change plan settings next to your plan.
- Tap on Change advanced power settings.
- Here you have to choose your power plan. Tap on Restore plan defaults at the bottom. Then hit Apply followed by OK.
Resolve Windows 10 Screensaver Problems With Power Troubleshooter
If nothing worked for you, so then you probably have to allow your system. To examine the issue for itself and offer you recommendations on how to fix it. Your computer basically has a troubleshooter. In order to help you deal with power problems on your PC.
- Set-up the Settings app on your computer.
- Now you should have to tap on the Update & Security option.
- Here choose the Troubleshoot from the left sidebar.
- At this point, you have to tap on Power on the right-hand side pane. Now choose Run the troubleshooter.
- Await for it to examine problems and offer you possible methods to fix those issues.
Must read this article: Different Ways To Customize Windows 10 Lock Screen
A screensaver is assumed to appear after a predefine time has gone. Whether you still do not view the Windows 10 screensaver even after waiting for that period of time. However, there probably be a problem with your screensaver settings. You will have to fix it for it to work.
Alright, we hope this guide will help you to fix the screensaver issue on your Windows 10 machine. And if it did, please let us know what method worked for you in the comments below.