Sync Outlook Calendar to Google Calendar
Well, having multiple calendars with different appointments on each one is a sure path in order to double bookings and an argument along with someone that you have annoyed. Get more organized and more reliable through subscribing to your Calendar in Google Calendars. Let’s now discuss how can you Sync Outlook Calendar to Google Calendar.
If you guys use Outlook and Google calendars in order to manage your life. Syncing them is critical to avoiding conflicts and making sure you don’t miss planned events or calls as well.
How you guys add a Google Calendar to your Outlook account relies on what platform you are using actually. You guys can import your calendar, add your whole Google account to your Microsoft desktop app. Or also add a calendar when you are logged into your Outlook account as well.
Sync Outlook Calendar to Google Calendar
How to Import a Google Calendar into Outlook
If you guys are looking to view your Google Calendar events in Outlook. Then you’ll need to subscribe to that calendar in Outlook first. You will need to start through opening the Google Calendar that you want to add to Outlook actually.
- Well, in the left-hand menu, hover over the calendar that you want to export and tap on the three dots menu icon next to it.
- Then tap on Settings and sharing in the options list that shows.
- This will then open your Google Calendar options menu. In the menu on the left, you have to click the Integrate calendar option.
- Choose and copy the URL that appears under the Secret address in iCal format. This is the URL that Outlook requires to import your Google Calendar.
- Along with the secret iCal calendar address saved in your clipboard, open Outlook and tap on the calendar icon in order to access your calendar.
- In your Outlook calendar, just tap on the Add calendar option to add an external calendar.
- Choose Subscribe from the web from the left-hand menu.
- Now paste the URL you copied from your Google Calendar into the box provided. Give your calendar a name, color, and icon, then tap on Import to import it into Outlook.
If the process is successful, then you should now be able to see your Google Calendar events and alerts in Outlook. Any new events that you add to your Google Calendar will also show in Outlook. However, they actually may take a bit of time order to sync across actually.
If you guys create a new event in Outlook, but, this won’t sync across to Calendar. Unfortunately, the process only works in one direction via this method actually.
How to Import an Outlook Calendar in Google
It is also possible to do things the other way and then import your Outlook calendar into Google Calendar. If you guys want to do this, then you need to sign in to your Outlook account first.
- First, from the menu bar at the top, tap on the Settings cog icon.
- Tap on the View all Outlook settings option at the very bottom of the menu.
- In your Outlook settings menu, then tap on the Calendar tab, then click on the Shared calendars option.
- Now in the Publish a calendar section, tap on Select a calendar. Then choose the calendar you want to sync.
- Set permissions to Can view all details and then press the Publish button.
- Your Outlook calendar will now be public, which allows you to export it into Calendar.
- In order to do this, just click on the ICS link, then press the Copy link to copy it to your clipboard.
You guys are now ready to import your Outlook calendar into Calendar. So just open Google Calendar to begin that.
- Now in the left-hand menu, tap on the plus (+) icon next to the Other calendars option.
- Choose From URL from the menu list that appears.
- Paste in your Outlook link in the URL of the calendar box, then tap on Add calendar in order to add the calendar to your inbox as well.
- If the process is a success, then you should now be able to see your Outlook events and notifications in Google Calendar actually.
Any new events that are created in Outlook will sync to Calendar, although expect a delay for this in order to sync across. As with the Calendar-to-Outlook method, this is only one way, because events created in Google Calendar won’t sync across to Outlook as well.
How to sync your Google Calendar in Outlook for Mac
- Just open Microsoft Outlook.
- Tap on “Outlook” in the top toolbar.
- Choose “Preferences” from the drop-down menu.
- Then select “Accounts.”
- Tap on the “+” icon at the bottom of the left sidebar.
- Now choose “New Account.”
- In the login window that shows, enter the Gmail account associated along with the Google Calendar you want to sync then tap on “Continue.”
- Select “Continue” in order to authorize your Gmail account to be synced to the Microsoft Cloud.
- Then a new browser window will open with a list of your Google Accounts as well. Choose the email account you want to sync to Outlook actually.
- On the next page, tap on “Allow” to authorize Microsoft Apps & Services in order to have access to your Google Calendar.
- Choose “Open Microsoft Account” in the pop-up window that appears actually.
- Then tap on “Done” after your account has been added as well.
- Press the Calendar icon at the bottom of Outlook’s left sidebar in order to see your Google Calendar events in your Microsoft Calendar.
You are good to go. If you have any queries and issues related to this article then let us know in the comments section below.