Tips to Copy Text From The PDF File: Tutorial Guide
Whether you are desiring to copy text from a PDF file to add to a Word document. Paste a formula onto an Excel spreadsheet, or also add it into PowerPoint slides for a presentation. So now it is much easy as using the Copy and Paste function. We make PDF easy and simple.
To copy and paste from a PDF, you highlight, right-click, and copy as you usually would, as with any digital document. Although two instances are there when this probably not feasible; when you are dealing with a scanned PDF or a secured pdf – protected from editing. Rather than opting to purchase software purely to unlock the protection or an expensive OCR solution, you can simply use ours, to freely extract text from your PDF.
Although that probably not essentially work for all PDF files owing to security. Also the other permissions, so other ways are also thereby which you are able to fulfill the same task.
Method to Copy Text From a PDF
Before you start copy text from PDF to another application. First of all, you have to make sure that it does not have security settings. That disallows copying, otherwise, you won’t be able to copy anything. However, this probably indicates by a grayed out or dimmed copy feature in Reader.
Whether the PDF you obtained is protected by a password. So use the designated password combination to open it. Simply then you have to check the security settings to make sure that thee content copying is allowed.
- First of all, you have to right-click the document and choose Document Properties.
- Now tap the Security tab and see the Document Restrictions Summary to view. Whether the content copying is now permitted or not.
Important Note: Although a PDF with content limitations normally has the word “Secured” next to the file name at the top.
- Here you have to head to the PDF in any reader. Next copy the text you desire using any of the methods below.
Several methods are there of copying text from a PDF file. That we will try to cover in this guide.
Must Read this Article: What are the Best Android Contact Manager App?
Copy and Paste Function (Copy Text From The PDF)
However, this is the de-facto process of copying text from most documents or files or not just PDFs. So then you are also able to use the CTRL+C keyboard shortcut to copy the text. That you like and then use CTRL+V to paste it onto the other document.
Whether you are using a Mac, you have to press Command-C to copy the text. Command-V to paste the contents of the Clipboard into the current document or app.
Otherwise, you are able to use your mouse or touchpad’s right-click button. Then tap the Select tool.
Similarly, here you have to choose the text. That you desire to copy on the PDF document. By dragging your mouse to highlight the portion that you would desire to copy. Then right-click on the chosen text, and select Copy.
Although you can also head to the menu tab. Tap Edit>Copy. At a time it is copied, so you have to move to the document. Onto which you would want to paste the copied text. Then right-click on the space you want to place it. Here choose Paste, or click Edit>Paste.
Therefore the Snapshot tool in your PDF reader will help you to choose the text. That you desire as a screenshot or graphic. Simply then paste it onto another document without affecting the formatting. Whether you select this method, you will receive exactly the portion of text you like, but it won’t be editable.
- For this you have to go to the PDF document, tap Edit > Take a snapshot.
- However, on the other hand, you have to choose the PDF window’s title bar. Just press Alt+PrtScn on your keyboard to capture the screen. Crop based on the portion you desire.
- Moreover, whether you are using a Mac, press Command+Shift+4, and use the cursor on the screen to drag. Simply then choose the text you like to capture.
Online PDF Reader
However, you are also able to copy the text from a PDF document in your browser or in the online reader. So to do so you have to follow the following
- Head to the PDF in your browser by right-clicking on the file. Choosing the Open With > (choose browser) or drag it to an open window on your browser.
- Further, here you have to choose the text that you desire. Then press CTRL+C to copy the text and paste it on another document by using CTRL+V. You are also able to right-click your mouse or touchpad. Choose the Copy, and then right-click again on the other document and now choose Paste.
PDF Extraction Software
Although you are able to use a tool like ExtractPDF, upload your PDF and click Start. Similarly, the tool will extract images, text, or even fonts whether you like. After which you are also able to copy what you desire from the extracted content. So now paste it onto another application.
However, a PDF converter permits you to change a PDF document into an editable document. Simply after which you are able to easily copy your text and use it in another application.
One of the popular PDF converters is Smallpdf. Because it is an online tool so it does not need any installation, and it is easy and simple to use. In order to use it, head to the SmallPDF on your browser. Then choose the output format, for example, PDF to Word.
- Select the Choose file to upload the PDF you desire to change.
- Then tap Download to save the turned file on your device. Then open the converted Word document, and copy the text you like.
An Optical Character Recognition (OCR) tool allows you to change your PDF file to an editable Word document. Copy text from PDF files, and scanned images to editable text formats.
It is usually helpful whether you obtained a scanned document in PDF format. Similarly, as it converts such files into editable PDFs instantly. With custom fonts and editable text that view just like those in the real document.
Although Adobe Acrobat acts as a text turner with OCR. As it is able to extract text automatically from scanned images or paper documents and converts them into PDFs.
You can also read this article: Anonymous Blog Sites You Can Use for Free
Moreover, the best part is your PDF will match the real printout. Thanks to the automatic custom font generation, so you are able to use it with other Office applications by cutting and pasting or exporting to MS-Office. It also permits you to preserve the document’s exact look and feel, and limits content editing.
Important Note: Copy Text From The PDF
Simply in order to use these steps, you require Adobe Acrobat, not Adobe Reader, as the latter is just for seeing PDFs and does not have the OCR tool.
Similarly, to use the native OCR tool in Adobe Acrobat,
- Go to the PDF containing the scanned text or image in Acrobat for a computer or Mac. Then tap Edit PDF.
- Now the Acrobat will automatically apply OCR to the PDF. Change it into a completely editable copy. Choose the text you like to copy. Tap Edit>Copy, then paste it onto another application.
- Thus now you are able to tap File > Save As to save the editable document for use later on.
- Otherwise, you have to open the scanned document or the image that you desire to use the OCR reader with. Simply now tap Tools at the top right side of the toolbar and choose to Recognize Text > In This File.
- Here you will view a popup displaying your current General Settings. Like the OCR language, PDF output style, and resolution. So tap OK to receive the text recognized.
- Whether you like to convert the settings. So then you can tap Edit, and then click OK at a time you are done.
- At a time, the text is recognized from the scanned page. So then you are able to choose and copy the text you like with examined formatting. Though it is not as proper as text recognition.
- Whether all you have is Adobe Reader, and you don’t like to receive a copy of Acrobat. So there are free OCR tools like OneNote’s OCR for PC, which is free to use, or Tesseract OCR library for Mac.
Remember that, if you have Adobe Acrobat, then you are able to OCR multiple documents at a time. You have to open any document in Acrobat, tap Recognize Text in the Tools sidebar. Then choose In Multiple Files. Drag the PDF files you desire to OCR and Acrobat will recognize the text for you.
Related Article: Different Ways To Translate PDF Document
Copy Text From The PDF-Conclusion
If you are wishing to copy text from a PDF file to add to a Word document. Paste a formula onto an Excel spreadsheet, or also add it into PowerPoint slides for a presentation. So now it is much easy as using the Copy and Paste function. We make PDF easy and simple. We are hopeful that this post will help you. So in case of any queries, you can ask us in the comments below.