Tips & Tricks To Reduce The Windows Explorer High CPU Usage: Tutorial Guide
Luckily it is luckily very common to view Windows Explorer by using up your system resources. With the file explorer system taking over the processing power, games won’t run as smoothly, video editing will take longer, and other necessary tasks probably run into problems. If you probably view Windows Explorer by using the high CPU resources. Occasionally this probably up to 30% or more of your processing power. And even whether you have a current processor. In this guide, I have mentioned the Tips & Tricks To Reduce The Windows Explorer High CPU Usage.
Fortunately, fixes are also there to solve this problem. But you will have to try each step out for yourself. And we will list you just each step from how likely it is to fix your Windows Explorer high CPU problem, based on user reports online.
- 1 Delete the Intel Optane Memory Pinning
- 2 Remove The Desktop Icons With No Image
- 3 Switch Off OneDrive Cloud Storage (To Reduce The Windows Explorer High CPU Usage)
- 4 Disable The ‘Show All Folders’ Option In Windows Explorer
- 5 Remove the System Files and the Temp Folder
- 6 Make a Current Windows User Account-To Reduce The Windows Explorer High CPU Usage
- 7 Manage the System Maintenance Troubleshooter
- 8 Scan for the Viruses
- 9 Run the SFC Scan
- 10 Run DISM
- 11 To Reduce The Windows Explorer High CPU Usage-Conclusion
Delete the Intel Optane Memory Pinning
However, it has been reported online that lots of people have had Intel Optane memory pinning installed to their PC in error after Windows 10 update 1903. Thus the trouble is, that most people do not have the right hardware for Intel Optane Memory Pinning. So it ends up purposing the Windows Explorer high CPU problems.
In order to find out whether you have Intel Optane Memory Pinning. So for this, you have to head to the Start menu and then search for Add or Clear Programs. After, abiding by the steps that are mentioned below.
- First of all, you have to go to the Add or Remove Programs in the search results.
- Search for Intel Optane Memory Pinning.
- Whether you view it in the search results, now tap on it.
- In the expanded options after tapping, you should tap Uninstall.
- Follow the on-screen tips.
- Now at a time uninstalled, now you should restart your system.
Once your computer is back on, so you just have to press Ctrl+shift+esc. In order to head to the Task Manager. Now tap on the Processes tab, and click Name to sort the methods alphabetically. Whether fixed, Windows Explorer should now be using very little CPU.
However, whether the Windows Explorer is still using an abnormally high CPU, so you should move to the next step below.
Remove The Desktop Icons With No Image
Although many users have reported that there is an odd CPU error. That just happens when there is an icon or shortcut that has no image on your desktop.
Similarly, search your desktop for any icons that are not showing accurately. Whether so, left-click it and press the delete key on your keyboard. Although whether it is an essential file. So you are also able to tap and then drag it to another folder on your computer, for instance, My Documents.
Also, Read this Article: How to Fix Wsappx High CPU Usage
Switch Off OneDrive Cloud Storage (To Reduce The Windows Explorer High CPU Usage)
Occasionally cloud storage is also able to cause problems with Windows Explorer’s high CPU usage. However, by default, Windows 10 will encourage you to utilize OneDrive’s cloud storage. And it probably is enabled without you even realizing it.
So not are able to this mean that your files will sometimes backup, hogging your upload quantity/frequency, but it is also able to cause CPU problems.
- For switching off the OneDrive cloud storage, you must have to tap the taskbar at the bottom left of your screen, next right-click the cloud icon.
- Once it opens, you have to tap More and then tap Settings.
- Here you should click on the Account tab and then tap Unlink this PC.
- Click Unlink Account.
Disable The ‘Show All Folders’ Option In Windows Explorer
However, this solution is just for those that spot Windows Explorer’s high CPU usage when they head to the Windows Explorer. Whether this is the case, so then you have to open Windows Explorer. Then on the left side panel, right-click.
Next, you have to tap the show all folders if a tick is there next to the option. So whether there is not a tick next to the option here, the show all folders feature will already be disabled.
However, whether this fails to fix your Windows Explorer high CPU usage, so then you should try the next steps that are mentioned below.
Remove the System Files and the Temp Folder
Occasionally cleaning your temp folder can support you to decrease your Windows Explorer CPU usage.
- In order to get started, head to the Start menu and type Disk Clean-Up.
- Now you should tap the Disk Clean-Up in the search results.
- Similarly, here you have to choose the drive. That you would wish to clean up. It should be the drive you have Windows installed to. Then tick the following options in the list.
- Installed Program Files
- Temporary Internet Files
- Temporary files
- Then you should have to tap OK at the bottom of the window. And a confirmation box will appear so there you should tap Delete files.
However, if you are still having a high CPU usage, so then we have two more recommendations mentioned-below, you must have to follow them.
Make a Current Windows User Account-To Reduce The Windows Explorer High CPU Usage
Although occasionally the Windows 10 user accounts become corrupted in a way that is very tough to understand or incase to fix. Therefore the solution is to make a brand current account and it probably fixes issues with Windows Explorer.
- If you want to make a new account, so you have to open the start menu and type Account.
- Tap Add, edit, or remove other users.
- Similarly, now on the next page, you have to click Add someone else to this PC.
- Simply tap I don’t have this person’s sign-in information.
- Click add a user without a Microsoft account. This will bypass any cloud sync features that could impact your CPU usage further.
- So now you have to enter the new username, and also include a password and also tap next.
- Similarly, after the account is made, then left-click it once and also tap Change account type.
- Click the scroll-down box that appears and choose the Administrator.
- Now in this step, you have to right-click the Windows button in the bottom left.
- Then tap Shut down or sign out and also tap the Sign out.
Simply now you will be signed out and provide the opportunity to log into your new account. Hopefully, this account won’t run into any CPU issues. So now you should still access the files from your other account.
Manage the System Maintenance Troubleshooter
Although in order to view whether any system problems are purposing the Windows Explorer high CPU usage. So you are also able to run the Windows Troubleshooter.
- Right-click the Menu button and press Run.
- Type “control” (no quotes) and tap OK to head to the Control Panel.
- Tap the Troubleshooting and also select the View all options on the left side menu.
- Here you should select System maintenance from the list. After this click Next in the appearing box and follow the on-screen instructions.
Scan for the Viruses
However, the viruses and malware probably be the cause for Windows Explorer’s high memory usage. So you probably use your antivirus software in order to perform that. Just abide by the instructions that come up while you run the program and take note of any protection options.
Run the SFC Scan
Managing the system file detection probably helps to adjust the corrupted files. That causes Windows Explorer by using a high CPU.
- For this, you have to right-click the Menu button and also here select the Windows PowerShell (Administrator). Type CMD and run the as Administrator (depending on your Windows system release).
- At this point, you have to type “sfc /scannow” (without quotes) and hit Enter on your keyboard.
- Here you have to take a note of messages appearing as scan results. However, in a good scenario, no corrupted files will there or the system can also fix them.
However, using the SFC tool is one of the working methods to deal with a wide range of Windows errors caused by system corruption. So then you are also able to use it whenever you are obtaining an application error like the 0xc0000142. Whatever the error is, removing the corrupted system files by using SFC should be part of your troubleshooting method.
If the SFC scan found errors that are not able to fix, so then you are also able to try running Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) to solve this. Go through checking, scanning, and restoring system health by performing the following:
- First of all, you have to right-click the Menu button and also choose the Windows PowerShell (Administrator). Otherwise, you are also able to press Windows Key and type “CMD” (no quotes). Right-click Command Prompt from the results and just choose the Run as Administrator.
- Here you should type “DISM /Online / Cleanup-Image / CheckHealth” (without quotes) and tap Enter on your keyboard.
- Simply after the procedure is over, so then you should type “DISM /Online / Cleanup-Image / ScanHealth” (without quotes) and also tap on entering.
- At last, you have to type “DISM /Online / Cleanup-Image / restore health” (without quotes) and hit Enter.
Furthermore, here we are going to inform you that this procedure probably takes some time. So, you have to confirm that you have sufficient of it before you run DISM. You are also able to refer to Step 6. And do the SFC scan again and view whether that solves the Windows Explorer high CPU problem.
Must Read this Article: GPU Or CPU Bottlenecks: All You Need To Know
To Reduce The Windows Explorer High CPU Usage-Conclusion
In this guide, I have mentioned the Tips & Tricks To Reduce The Windows Explorer High CPU Usage. Well, I hope that you will like this article the most. In case of queries, you can ask us in the comments below.