To Fix Windows was unable to complete the format Error
Sometimes Windows start showing the error “Windows was unable to complete the format” error. This error usually occurs during formatting. If you want to format your SD card, USB drive, or any other external hard drive is a good move. In many cases during the formatting, it shows the error that says “Windows was unable to complete the format”. Many of the users get frustrated when they get this error.
But you have to relax in this situation. This issue is resolved able now. In this article, you will learn how to fix this issue. So, let’s have a look!
To Resolve windows was unable to complete error by Using then Command Prompt:
In the Windows Command Prompt, it can help you out with this. Then the command prompt is the most basic way to format your hard drive.
- First of all, you have to launch the Command Prompt from the Windows menu.
- Now you can type the following command and then press enter: format C: /fs: NTFS.
- In many of the cases, We usually chose to format C drive with NTFS files that are available as the file system.
- Just because of this reason you have to enter the specific command. The main reason to choose this is that in most cases this drive is problematic. This drive does not have to be the case with you.
- In drive C, if it does not need formatting then you may choose to leave it be. Also, you can change the drive C into the drive letter that you want to format.
- When you want to format the drive the letter you want to format drives J. The files in the file system you want to have on the drive is FAT32. On the other hand, what if you should be entering in the Command Prompt window is this: format J: /fs: FAT32 command.
Also see: How Do I Convert MOV to WMV for Free
How Disk Management helps you to resolve windows was unable to complete error?
The related ways are the easy ways to go about this is to turn to the Windows Disk Management tool. This is the program that can help you manage the different drives on your computer devices.
- If you want to start then fire up Disk Management from the Windows menu.
- Now choose the drive where you received the Windows was unable to complete the format error message during use. After that right-click on it and then choose Format.
How to Use Third-Party Tools?
In this process, you can also choose the third-party API tools for this. The advantage is for going with this approach is that you will be using tools that were specifically designed for this purpose.
In this case, if the Windows tools mentioned above have failed to resolve this error. Then you have to try another practical solution. This allows us to let these tools work for you. You just have to make sure that the ones you download and install in your system are 100% safe. Also, the other ones below have been checked by us and are clean.
About EaseUS Partition Master:
In the disk management software for Windows and Mac users. The free version is also available that can handle the task seamlessly. In case, if you end up liking how it works and can’t get enough of it. Then you can turn to a premium version of it.
- First of all, Go and launch the EaseUS Partition Master.
- Then you have to select a disk. After that Right-click on your selection and choose the correct Format.
The AOMEI Partition Assistant:
This tool is another useful tool which helps you to manage partitions. They also work for different Windows versions including Windows 7, 8.1, and 10. In this, you can easily copy, move, resize, and merge partitions. Now you can also turn to it to migrate OS and convert MBR/GPT disk with no data loss.
- First of all, you have to start and then load up AOMEI Partition Assistant.
- Then select a partition and right-click on it to reveal a drop-down menu.
- When you see the drop-down menu then you have to choose the Advanced option. Now select the Check Partition option.
- In the Check Options, you have to select Check partition and fix errors in this partition using chkdsk.exe and then select OK.
So, that is all. Through the above tips, you can easily solve the windows was unable to complete the format error.
Related Articles: How To Password Protect Word Document 2010
This error usually occurs during formatting. If you want to format your SD card, USB drive, or any other external hard drive is a good move. In many cases during the formatting, it shows the error that says Windows was unable to complete the format.
Hope you liked this article. If you have any questions lets us know in the comment section below.
You can also visit our website: Savvy Techys