Troubleshoot Messages in MacOS: iMessage Not Working on Mac?
Well, Guys! The Messages application on Mac permits you to send iMessage simply to & also from the PC to any other iPhone, iPad, Mac, or iPod touch. Though that is also using the iMessage protocol. However, the Messages normally work well, but occassioanlly there can be problems simply encountered that stop the iMessage feature just from working in macOS. Normally this manifests as an incapacity to send messages via the app. Or time-outs when attempting in order to send messages that apparently take forever. Or failed attempts at transferring messages from the Mac. And in any case, the iMessage simply appears to not work accurately or as expected in Mac OS. In this guide you will learn the way to Troubleshoot Messages in macOS: iMessage Not Working on Mac?
However, this tutorial will also walk through troubleshooting steps in order to fix & also resolve issues where iMessage is not working on a Mac.
- 1 Troubleshooting Messages Not Working in macOS
- 1.1 1: Confirm the Mac has an Internet Connection
- 1.2 2: Restart the Mac to Troubleshoot the Messages in macOS: iMessage Not Working on Mac?
- 1.3 3:Confirm that Mac has Apple ID / iCloud Enabled
- 1.4 4: Disable & Re-enable iMessage on Mac to Troubleshoot Messages in macOS: iMessage Not Working on Mac?
- 1.5 5: Sign Out and Sign In to iMessage on Mac to Troubleshoot the Messages in macOS: iMessage Not Working on Mac?
- 1.6 6: Confirm the Message Forwarding is Enabled on iPhone
- 1.7 7: Check to Make Sure iMessage Works on iPhone / iPad
Troubleshooting Messages Not Working in macOS
Well, let’s go just through a variety of troubleshooting methods in order to fix iMessage not working in Mac OS, beginning from simpler to a bit more complex.
1: Confirm the Mac has an Internet Connection
However, the iMessage & Messages just needs an internet connection to work. Though it does not matter whether the internet connection is wi-fi, ethernet, a personal hotspot. But it must be an active & also working internet connection.
Though guys just before anything else, you must confirm that the Mac is simply connected to the internet. And that the internet connection functions. You are also able to test this by making sure web browsers work just to browse the web, by using the ping, or any other method you would like.
2: Restart the Mac to Troubleshoot the Messages in macOS: iMessage Not Working on Mac?
However, often rebooting the Mac will also fix any problems just with the Messages app and iMessage not working.
- First of all, you have to pull down the Apple menu & select “Restart”
However, even when the Mac has started back up again, try opening Messages & sending again.
3:Confirm that Mac has Apple ID / iCloud Enabled
Similarly, the iMessage also needs an Apple ID, however, which is also the exact login the Mac uses for iCloud. Therefore you will want to confirm the Mac also has the suitable Apple ID configured:
- First of all, from the Apple menu, you should head to the “System Preferences”
- Now head to “iCloud” settings and confirm that the Mac also has the proper Apple ID in use
You guys will also desire to use the same Apple ID on the Mac. Though that you guys perform on your iPhone. However, that way Messages will sync b/w both devices
4: Disable & Re-enable iMessage on Mac to Troubleshoot Messages in macOS: iMessage Not Working on Mac?
Occassioanlly turning off & then re-enabling iMessage on the Mac can fix the connection problems specific to iMessage on the Mac, so here is how to perform that:
- First of all, head to the “Messages” app on Mac
- Now pull down the “Messages” menu and select Preferences
- Head to the “iMessage” tab
- Confirm that the Apple ID is set accurately, then check “Enable this account” is checked
5: Sign Out and Sign In to iMessage on Mac to Troubleshoot the Messages in macOS: iMessage Not Working on Mac?
Well, Guys! Signing out & signing back simply into iMessage on the Mac will also often solve the issues with Messages not working on the Mac as well. Though here is how you guys have to do accomplish that:
- First of all, you must head to the “Messages” app on Mac
- Now pull down the “Messages” menu and then select the Preferences
- Simply head to the “iMessage” tab
- Choose the “Sign Out” button
- Simply now you must have quit Messages
- Reorganize the Messages app & must return back to iMessage preferences. Though guys this time also sign back into the Apple ID for iMessage
6: Confirm the Message Forwarding is Enabled on iPhone
Whether you guys use an iPhone & Mac, so then you must confirm that you also have turned on SMS text message forwarding & simply relay for iPhone & the Mac so that the Mac is able to also relay SMS text messages to & simply from the iPhone via Messages.
Whether that feature is not turned on so then you guys will not be able to send SMS text messages from the Mac. This simply means that you would not be able to message Android users for example.
7: Check to Make Sure iMessage Works on iPhone / iPad
Whether you guys have an iPhone or iPad especially the Mac, so then you must confirm that iMessage is working on that device too.
Whether the iPhone or iPad is encountering the issues or showing just waiting for activation error or similar. It’s also possible that there are lots of problems with Apple iMessage servers being down.
iMessage is working, but not syncing with other devices properly
Occassioanlly the iMessage works, but you will find that messages are not constantly syncing b/w the Mac & iPhone or other devices. Whether that is the case, you must have to learn the way to fix iMessage not syncing between Mac and iPhone accurately.
Must read this article: Linux For Kodi: Best Distros To Use For Kodi
iMessage works, but seeing “Not Sent” errors
Whether you guys have iMessage working on the Mac. But you are also, again and again, seeing Message Not Sent errors.
Well, Guys did the above troubleshooting processes resolve iMessage problems for your Mac & also get iMessage working again as expected? However, do you guys have any other tips, tricks, or advice to fix iMessage & Messages app issues on the Mac? So share your encounters, thoughts, and tricks in the comments section below.