Turn on Do Not Disturb for Alexa & Amzon Echo
However, Guys! Just like with your iPhone, Alexa also has a Do Not Disturb feature for the Amazon Echo speakers. In order to keep alerts like calls, messages, & drop-ins from annoying you. Guys you are also able to turn on the feature as well as schedule it just for a particular time frame.
Here is the way to turn on Do Not Disturb for Alexa & Amazon Echo.
Access your Device Settings
Well, Guys! You should here first of all open up your Alexa application. And then access your Amazon Echo settings simply with one of the two methods below.
- First of all head to the menu on the left side and click Settings.
- Now choose the Device Settings.
- Select your device from the list.
- Click the Devices from the bottom navigation.
- Simply you should choose the either Echo & Alexa or All Devices.
- Now select your device from the list.
Turn on Do Not Disturb mode
- First of all you should drop down to General and select Do Not Disturb.
- Here move the switch in order to enable the Do Not Disturb. Alexa & Amazon Echo will also remain in this mode till you guys disable it. Except you prefer to schedule the time.
Whether you would like to schedule the Do Not Disturb time, so then you should move the switch to enable the Schedule. Click to enter the Start and End times.
- Click the arrow on the top left in order to return to the Device Settings screen. Or simply quit the Alexa application.
Enable & Disable DND for Alexa on Amazon Echo Devices
Firstly, you guys must have to check whether your Alexa device is compatible also with this feature or not. Although as of now, Amazon offers this feature on:
- Amazon Echo (1st Generation)
- Amazon Echo (2nd Generation)
- Echo Dot (1st Generation)
- Echo Dot (2nd Generation)
- Echo Show
- Echo Spot
- Echo Plus
Whether you guys are using one of the above mentioned Amazon devices at home or office. So then you are able to also use the feature for Alexa.
Enable & Disable Do Not Disturb for Alexa
This process just takes a single command to turn on/off Do Not Disturb mode.
In order to turn on Do Not Disturb: “Alexa, Don’t disturb me…”
In order to turn off Do Not Disturb: “Alexa, Turn off Do Not Disturb…”
Whether you have got a compatible device, so then you can also easily swipe down from the top of the screen. Select that Do Not Disturb icon.
Schedule Do Not Disturb on Alexa App
Well, Guys the Scheduling Do Not Disturb on the Alexa application needs some steps to follow on your iOS or Android phone devices. So remember that you are able to schedule Do Not Disturb for a one specific day & time also.
- Here First of all you have to head to the Alexa app on your device and organize the Settings.
- Select your device.
- Just Underneath Do Not Disturb, you have to click on Scheduled.
- Enable the the Scheduled feature by toggling the switch to ON.
- Now you must have to select Edit to change begin & stop times.
- At last you must click on Save Changes.
Furthermore, Now, nobody is able to disturb you during a particular day or time of the day. Most probably, you utilizers would want to use this feature when they are in the office or on Sundays.
Read this article: To Adjust The iPhone Alarm Volume Of Your Alarm Clock
Well, Do Not Disturb is a amazing feature that can also keep you from being annoyed with alerts. If just for a short time or on a daily routine, are you heading to turn on Do Not Disturb for Alexa & your Amazon Echo speaker as well?
But guys here We hope that you like the guide if you face any issue or if you have any queries so then you can ask us in the comments section below.