Turning Off Google Search History in Android
Well, Google’s history service is always trying to be helpful for its users. It is almost always the case if it is tracking your current location, keeping tabs on all of your internet searches, or also scanning your emails and browsing habits in order to deliver relevant ads. Well, for Android, Google recently added a new feature that basically shows you suggestions based on your recent search history. It can be really helpful for some folks that search for the same things each and every day. However, if you guys prefer to keep the search experience purely “organic” without any personalization. Then it will need turning off this new feature actually. Let’s now discuss Turning Off Google Search History in Android.
Note Some of the data ties directly to your Google account and you can turn off within the account settings. Other recent history searches are saved in your mobile browser as well. These are not directly attached to Google Recent Search History and it must be cleared separately. Other searches are saved within individual apps. For example, what you search for on Google Play.
Turning Off Google Search History in Android
In order to turn off Recent Search History on an Android device, we will have to go into System Settings actually. You guys can do this via pressing the menu button on the Home screen or opening the Settings app from the app drawer as well.
- When you are in the settings menu, press the Google button under the Accounts subheading.
- Now on the Google settings page, you have to click Search.
- Then under Privacy & accounts look for the “Show recent searches” setting and then uncheck the box next to it as well.
That’s just all! You will no longer see recent Google searches on your Android device.
How to delete previous search history on Android
Well, the above steps explain how can you stop Google recording your search history. However, what about the records it has already collected?
- In order to remove your previous history, you will need to once again open Google Now. And then navigate to Settings, Accounts & privacy, Google Account History, Web & App Activity as well. Now press the option at the bottom of the page in order to Manage history.
- You guys will now see a list of all your recent search history. You can choose and remove individual items on this list through choosing the tickbox next to them. And clicking Remove items, or you can also delete all of your search histories over a given period.
- If you want to delete all of your search histories then tap the cog icon below the search bar to open the settings. Now tap on Remove items.
- Google permits you to delete search history from the past hour, past day, past week, past four weeks, and also since the beginning of time. Just choose one of these options, then tap on Remove in order to do that.
How to delete Google Chrome search history in Android and stop it to record search queries
The above steps basically assume that you are using the Google search bar on your home screen or Google Now to perform text actually. Or voice searches on your Android phone or tablet, however, you may also be performing searches within the browser as well.
If you guys are using Chrome, not only will it record any activity within the web browser on your phone or tablet actually. However, also on any PC or laptop to which you guys are also signed into Chrome. It is easy to delete these, but.
- First, open the Chrome browser on your smartphone or tablet. And click on the three dots in the top right corner in order to access more options. Now select History.
- you will see there a list of all recent searches made on any PC on which you are signed into the Chrome browser. You can go through these ones just one, ticking the X in order to remove the item. Or you can just simply tap Clear browsing data at the bottom of the screen as well.
- That’s taking care of your previous searches, however, what about future searches? The easiest way to avoid Chrome from recording your search history is to go Incognito. This is basically a private browsing mode that does not really track anything you do. (However, you will still be visible to your employer, ISP, and the sites that you visit).
- In order to open a new Incognito tab click on those same three dots at the top right corner. Choose the New incognito tab then. You can then go about via Chrome as usual.
You are good to go. If you have any queries and issues related to this “turning off google search history” article then let us know in the comments section below.
Also See: What is Windows 10 3D Objects Folder