Twitter Archive: Ways To Download And View History
If You want to download and view your Twitter history from the Twitter archive folder. Then here is how to View and download it from Twitter. Do you know that Twitter has a feature that also lets you get a copy of your entire tweet history? This is also available as an offline archive. Also, it let you see all your tweet in a nicely formatted HTML file. This is also viewable directly from your browser, or also in a CSV file.
Now, we will also show you how to download your Twitter archive. Here is how to view your entire tweet history by using a browser or a basic spreadsheet such as Excel or Numbers.
Ways to download your Data From Twitter Archive Folder:
1) You can also Login to your Twitter account.
2) This is on the left side and then click on the More option. Now, select the Settings and privacy option.
3) Now, Under the Data and permissions, you have to click on Your Twitter data.
4) Then Enter your password that is under the Download your Twitter data and then click Confirm.
5) In the next step, Tap on Twitter then click on Request Archive.
Now, you won’t be able to download your archive instantly. Alternatively, you will also see a message saying that a link to your archive will be emailed to you. At this time, this probably varies and depends on the size of your tweet history. However, it took about a minute for Twitter to send the archive after requesting it.
How To Download:
1) In this step, Click on the Download button in the email that you receive from Twitter. So, that this will also take you to a web page where you can also download the archive.
2) Now, Enter your password then click on the Confirm. You can also hit the Download archive button.
3) Then Unzip the file and then you will also get access to your archive. So, that this also includes in several files. Then more specifically there is an index.html file and a tweets.csv file. Now, there are the two that we want to look into.
How To View your Twitter archive by year and month
Also, this is the best way to view your Twitter archive. So, that it can probably have to do that by using a web browser. This also lets you clear then you will be looking at the archive using a web browser. Now, you do not need an internet connection. So, all the necessary files that have already been downloaded locally and are available in the main file. Then you download this in the previous step.
Now, the file that you have download and then double click on index.html. So, this will also open a new window in your default web browser. This is where you will also be able to scroll through and look at every single tweet you sent.
Also, this is my preferred way of browsing my Twitter history. The reason is that it is clean and then let you browse per year and month. This can even show you how many tweets you sent in a given month.
You can also a search field that allows you to dig into your archive based on keywords. This is also very helpful in very specific cases. Now, I find the search feature to be lacking.
Related Articles: Add Fade in & Fade out to songs in GarageBand
Do you know that Twitter has a feature that also lets you get a copy of your entire tweet history? This is also available as an offline archive. Also, it let you see all your tweet in a nicely formatted HTML file. This is also viewable directly from your browser, or also in a CSV file. Now, we will also show you how to download your Twitter archive.
However, I guess it is better than no search function at all. Also, the practical use of your Twitter history is fairly limited. Then I guess it is a good way to keep a local copy of your archive should you choose to delete your account.