Validate Windows 7: To Validate if Windows 7 is Genuine?
Now, Windows 7 allows you to validate windows 7 is genuine or not? In case, if you have a computer with Windows 7 install on it. And you are not sure if you are running a genuine version of the OS or not. In this case, you may have this issue if you downloaded a copy of Windows 7 or if someone else installed it for you.
Then either way there is a couple of different ways to check and make sure that your Windows 7 copy is genuine. Here are some of the methods which help you to check either the copy is genuine or not
Step 1: By Activate Windows Dialog Validate Windows 7:
- This is the first way to validate that Windows 7 is genuine or not. First of all, you have to click on the Start button then type in activate windows in the search box.
- In case, if your copy of Windows 7 is activated and genuine. Then you will get a message that says that Activation was successful. But if you will see the Microsoft Genuine software logo on the right-hand side of the screen. It means the copy is not genuine.
Also see: DHCP Lease Time? How you can change it?
Step 2: To Validate windows 7 Online:
- This is the second way to determine if you have a valid copy of Windows 7 or not. If you want to use the validation tools on the Microsoft website.
- In this case, if you ever tried to download updates from Microsoft. Then you were probably noticed that sometimes your copy of Windows is valid. So, before it allows you to start the download.
- Now you can use that tool independently of downloading an update on it. You can use it by going to their website.
- After that click on the Validate Now links at the top of the screen. You just have to make sure that you visit the site while in Internet Explorer. If it does not load it properly. Then it will ask you to do download a small program onto your computer in order to validate.
- In this program, they will run and you will get a window that will tell you after validate Windows 7 and that it is genuine or not.
Step 3: By Control Panel:
- This is the third way to check for genuine Windows 7 that will help you to go to the Control Panel. Now you have to click on the Start. Next click on the Control Panel. After that, you can click on the System and Security. In the end, you can click on System.
- Now scroll all the way down to the bottom and you should see a section called Windows activation screen. That screen says that the Windows is activated and they also provide you the Product ID. Due to this they also include the genuine Microsoft software logo.
Related articles: GPU Or CPU Bottlenecks: All You Need To Know
In this, you just have bought a copy of Windows 7. It is from a shady local computer dealer or off eBay for a reduced price. Then you may want to check and make sure the product key is actually valid or not.
So, this is all about it. Hope you liked this article. If you have any questions then freely ask in the comment section.