Way to Change the PC name of your Mac – Guide
Well, Guys Turning the PC Name of your Mac is a great way to not only customize it. But more necessarily to easily adjust it within a network when enormous other Macs are present.
Whilst working on a series of posts just about Find My iPhone, I at that time realized that my iMac did not have a particular Computer Name simply attached to it. However, when in Find My iPhone, it would just display as Unknown. I was not sure how that happened. But I also knew that I wished to have an accurate name for it, so I could recognize it at the time when looking for it on the local network. Or when sharing files & documents with it over AirDrop.
Though the steps in order to set or change Mac’s name are fast & also simple. But I figured that whether you already know the way to do it, probably be this post will be a reminder for you in order to check that your Mac also has indeed been offered a name though which also makes the sense to you. So whether not, I will show you a way to do just that…
Read this guide: Ways To Show Calendar With Week Numbers On Mac/iPhone
Change the name of your Mac in System Preferences
However, these steps will also work in order to turn your Mac device name. No matter guys what Mac you are utilizing (iMac, MacBook, MacBook Pro, Mac mini, etc).
- Simply guys just in the Menu bar, you have to head to the > System Preferences…
- Now you have to tap on Sharing.
- Here in the PC Name box, So you should type in the name that you like to use for your PC.
- Here you should close the window, and you are complete.
Rename your Mac with Terminal
Just for those who that are feeling ease with the command line, you probably use Terminal in order to set a various name for your Mac.
- Firstly you should head to the Terminal app on your Mac.
- And then type in the following command, confirming to replace YourNewComputerName by the name you like to set.
sudo scutil --set ComputerName YourNewComputerName
- Simply now you have to press the Enter key.
- Restart your Mac.
Well, Guys! I hope that you like the guide. If you have any queries so then you can ask us in the comments section below. So I will try to reply to you as soon as possible.
Read this article: Turn on Do Not Disturb for Alexa & Amazon Echo