Way to Install Kodi on a Smart TV: Tutorial Guide
Smart TV is the heart of our home’s entertainment center; why not boost its streaming power with Kodi? Whether you are ready to access a complete world of new TV shows, live streams, movies, music & furthermore, this guide is for you. It’s too easy to install Kodi on smart TV–only you have to follow our step-by-step tips and tricks and you will be up & running in minutes.
However, there is nothing just like sitting down in front of a high-definition smart TV at the end of a long day. The just thing that is also able to make it better is access to free movies & displays from around the world, all made possible by the open-source community behind Kodi. Just installing Kodi on your smart TV is the best way to confirm you never like to leave your bed. Whether you are ready to upgrade your fun options just to the max, so guys must check out our guide below & also learn the way to install Kodi on a smart TV.
- 0.1 Reminder
- 0.2 NordVPN – Best VPN for Safe, Fast Kodi Streams
- 0.3 Will My Smart TV Run Kodi?
- 1 Way to Install Kodi on a Smart TV
- 1.1 Best Kodi-Compatible Smart TVs
- 1.2 Unable to Install Kodi on Your Smart TV? Try These Workarounds!
- 1.3 Alternatives to Kodi – Plex & Sling TV
- 1.4 Conclusion
Kodi & all of its add-ons offer a fantastic amount of content, nearly all of which is totally free. However, the catch is some of these unofficial extensions able to also access pirated movies & TV shows just without your knowledge. This also has elevated the red flags with rights holders those who have shut down Kodi add-ons & also pressured ISPs into throttling/stifling Kodi downloads or also ending copyright infringement notices to streamers.
You guys are also able to secure yourself from these threats. Just by using a virtual private network. VPNs also make a secure tunnel between you & the internet by encrypting data and sending it via remote servers. Nobody is able to tell who you are when you connect to a VPN, nor can they tell what you guys are downloading.
NordVPN – Best VPN for Safe, Fast Kodi Streams
Well, Guys! NordVPN is the best-regarded giver in the industry. And that is in no small part due to the way it magnifies streaming applications like Kodi. The core offering here is a completely massive network of over 5,800 servers in 59 countries. This also offers you ready access to tens of thousands of virtual IP addresses just to “spoof” your way past geoblocks & also access the international content from across the globe. Desire more anime? Pick a Japanese server. Mad for UK cooking shows? There is a NordVPN server (alright more like hundreds of servers) for that as well.
Unlike run-of-the-mill proxy services, however, NordVPN also provides your connection with NSA-grade encryption just through their NordLynx protocol. However, this blocks out ISP tracking & throttling, also hides your true IP address from websites, dodges censorship & surveillance, & thwarts would-be cyber-attackers all at the tap of a button. And in conjunction with NordVPN’s SmartPlay feature, even well-known stubborn sites just like Netflix are powerless to prevent you.
However, Did we mention Nord VPN never limits your bandwidth, speed, traffic type, or server switches? What is more, you are completely free to utilize their network how you guys like; they never keep logs of your activity. Though rest confident that your traffic is completely anonymous & secure. And probably most essentially, NordVPN is available on Firestick, Android TV boxes, & other smart TV-compatible systems.
- These are too affordable plans
- Over 5,400 servers in 61 countries
- 2,048-bit SSL keys & DNS leak protection
- Strict zero-logs policy on both traffic & metadata
- Live Chat Support.
- Some servers can also be steady and unreliable
- Refund processing able to also take up to 30 days.
Will My Smart TV Run Kodi?
Well, Guys! The Kodi is able to run on a huge variety of hardware, just including everything from streaming sticks to TV set boxes, mobile devices, & PCs. Not all smart TVs are able of managing custom software just like Kodi. Smart TVs are too low-powered & also have minimal processing & storage capabilities. That is able to also make running applications a challenge. They also tend to use their own operating systems, lots of which Kodi unable to support.
If or not you are also able to install the Kodi directly to your smart TV relays on the specific make & model. A general rule is that whether you are also able to access the Google Play Store from your TV’s interface. Though you guys are able to also install Kodi directly from there. Whether you can not, you are better off looking into third-party Kodi options such as the Fire Stick TV or Roku.
Below are a few of the biggest smart TV enhancers and the condition of their Kodi compatibility as of October 2017. Even whether your television is not directly compatible, simply check the guides in the sections below for easy & quick workarounds.
- LG Smart TVs – Most run webOS, which is not compatible with Kodi.
- Panasonic Smart TVs – All of Panasonic’s TV sets run their custom software that doesn’t work with Kodi.
- Samsung Smart TVs – almost all of Samsung’s TVs run a custom, restrictive operating system that is not compatible with Kodi. An official port for Samsung TVs is in the works. However, it faces a number of obstacles and probably never be released.
- Sharp Smart TVs – Sharp’s TV products largely run third-party OS software that is incompatible with Kodi. However, A few models do utilize the Android TV.
- Sony Smart TVs – Sony’s TV devices run multiple various operating systems. However, Android TV has gained popularity in recent years. Whether you are also able to access the Google Play Store from the TV, you are also able to install Kodi.
- Vizio Smart TVs – A number of Vizio’s products run a custom version of Google TV (Android TV). Whether you guys are also able to access the Google Play Store, you can also easily install Kodi.
Way to Install Kodi on a Smart TV
Whether your smart TV runs a current version of the Android TV OS, you are too lucky! It is too simple in order to install Kodi on these devices, opening up the complete ecosystem of third-party & official Kodi add-ons. However, all you have to do is access the Google Play Store & install it. Here you have to remember that some TVs probably stop you from doing this, even whether they run the right OS. However, your performance is also able to be a little sluggish, as well, so install & stream with caution.
- First of all, you have to organize the Google Play Store by choosing the icon in your TV’s menu.
- Sign in with your Google account.
- Choose the search bar and type in “Kodi“
- Tap on the icon, then tap “Install“
- After a while, Kodi will appear on your application’s menu, ready to go!
Note: Whether you are using Kodi, always activate a VPN on the exact device. Similarly, the Smart TVs running Android OS also support a number of VPNs by default, just including our suggestion above. Install & sign-in first, then stream with complete privacy.
Read this article: RedSnow Jailbreak: How To Jailbreak With RedSnow?
Best Kodi-Compatible Smart TVs
Whether you are in the market for the newest smart TV, why not select one that will allow you to watch a wider range of content? More & more TVs are turning to the Android TV OS to power their streaming applications. This is brilliant news for Kodi fans, as the software is also be able to install with just a few taps. Check out some of the best Kodi compatible smart TVs below & get ready to boost your next movie night.
- Sony XBR – A thin 4K compatible series of smart TVs that also run the Android just like a dream. XBRs are stunning simply to look at & offer a fantastic picture no matter what you are watching. Best of all, you guys are also able to install Kodi straight from the app store, with no fuss.
- Philips 6800 – Ultra-thin, 4K compatible, & powered by Android TV, Philips’ 6800 line of smart TVs are amazing choices for watching movies via Kodi. And they are pretty friendly on your budget, as well.
- Sharp Aquos – However, the sharpest TVs use a custom OS, current models are being released with Android TV at the helm. This means simple access to Kodi and a ton of other movie & TV watching apps.
Unable to Install Kodi on Your Smart TV? Try These Workarounds!
The huge majority of smart TVs on the market simply can not run Kodi. Some compatibility problems make custom ports impossible, & others are only too underpowered to stream movies via Kodi and its add-ons. However, the good news is that there are dozens of other ways in order to add the Kodi encounter to your smart TV. Check out some of our favorite alternatives explained below!
Amazon Fire TV – Inexpensive Kodi Streams for Any Smart TV
Well, Amazon has two amazing movie streaming devices that are known as the Fire TV & Fire TV Stick. The former is a set-top box that plugs into your TV & also adds a lot of new video options, just including Amazon’s own Prime streaming service. However, the Fire TV Stick is not too expensive & portable version of the set-top box that provides the same functionality in a smaller package. Both are beautiful movie devices, & both run Kodi without any issues.
Installing Kodi on an Amazon Fire TV Stick or also the set-top device is ridiculously simple. You guys are also able to do it in just a few minutes. And you do not have to be a tech genius to get it completed. You guys are able to also install a VPN on your Fire TV device for perfect privacy. Simply making this one of the simplest, safest, & least expensive ways of watching Kodi on your smart TV.
Run Kodi on Raspberry Pi – Cheap & Launchable
Whether you guys have got a little more time on your hands & do not mind a little command line controlling, installing Kodi on a Raspberry Pi is a brilliant way to stream movies to your smart TV. Literally, all you guys must need is a Pi device, an HDMI port, & a quiet afternoon you are also able to spend working on the setup.
Whether you are new to the Raspberry Pi community, so follow the official Kodi installation guide for detailed tips and tricks. The Kodi wiki also has an entire page dedicated to tweaking, optimizing, & as well as installing Kodi on the Pi. And do not forget to install a VPN on your Raspberry Pi, too.
Kodi on Apple TV – All Your Media Everywhere
Well, Guys! Most Apple & iOS products are locked down in an effort in order to keep sketchy applications away from unsuspicious users. With a little time & the right guides, though, the Apple TVs is also able a surprisingly comfortable home for Kodi.
Alternatives to Kodi – Plex & Sling TV
Furthermore, One theory describing why smart TV enhancers exclude Kodi is to inspire people to use built-in applications with exact functionality. Kodi’s open-source nature also provides you a lot of movie, TV, and international streaming options. But when you are unable to physically access the software those features do not do you much good! Even whether your smart TV does not support Kodi. However, there are a few programs with similar features you guys are also able to install to stream videos & custom content.
- Plex: Plex does many things Kodi does, also with a few extras. One of the largest bonuses is the capability to stream downloaded videos from one device to another. Similarly, Install Plex on your computer, for instance, add the application to your smart TV. Then stream content wirelessly. Well, most smart TV interfaces also have support for Plex built-in, making this a workable option when you are unable to use Kodi.
- Sling TV: Sling TV is an a la carte TV service that allows you to purchase live channels & also watch them at your ease. No crazy packages to purchase. Only the content that you like at extremely low prices. Nearly all smart TVs support Sling TV out of the box, too. Furthermore, you are also able to even unblock Sling TV & watch it abroad!
Well, I hope that you guys like the guide. If you have any queries so then you can also ask us in the comments section below.
Must read this article: Ways To Install Discord On Linux _Tutorial