Ways To Access the Router Remotely _Tips And Tricks
Some of the Tips and tricks that will help you to access the router remotely. You can access it by your home router from inside the network. This is very easy and simply type in your router’s IP address that can usually 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1 in the web browser. This is how you can about to access the router remotely. After that, before we come to that you can let us take a look at some of the reasons. That is why you may want to do so.
- Then your parents can regularly ask you to fix their Internet. And you do not live with them
- Now you want to check if the kids at home are playing games on their computer. Rather than this, it is of doing their homework.
- Also, if you can suspect your neighbors are mooching on your Wi-Fi when you are not at home.
- In the end, you can connect an external hard drive in order to your router and then access it from anywhere.
Reason: You cannot use remote desktop apps like TeamViewer?
During this, if you can also access your router with the apps like TeamViewer. Then you can also need to keep the computer turned on at your home all the time. Also, this is not practical if you are out and about for more than a couple of days. Then the routers are always ON whether you are at home or not. This is on top of that and you don’t have to install any additional software. Each and everything you need is a web browser. Then you can also access your router from any part of the world.
If you want to access your router from the inside of the network then all you have to do is to type in the router’s IP address. That IP address is in the web browser. At the same time, this is to access your router from outside and then you need to type in your public IP address. You can also follow it by the remote control port no 8080. Then if your public IP address is 220.127.116.11, then you will have to type 18.104.22.168:8080 on the web browser.
- This is also a part of the security measure that every router has by default has this remote management feature turned Off. In this case, you have to enable it manually on the router.
- Almost every home user is also assigned a dynamic IP address which means every time you restart your router. Then your public IP address also changes. Now we need to figure out a way to bypass the dynamic IP address problem. This is for that and we will also use the Dynamic DNS services like the Dyn DNS or NoIp.
Also, every router is different and the steps are to enable remote management. Then the setup for the dynamic DNS is going to be somewhat different for each router. Although, if the basic principle remains the same. By using this article you can access the router remotely.
Ways to Access Router Remotely:
Step 1: To Turn On remote sharing and access the router remotely
You can easily turn it on the remote sharing on the router that is easy. If you need to do then this is typically the router IP or default gateway address in the web browser. In this step, if you can enter your username and the password. This is once you are in the router’s web portal and also look for the Remote Management option. Most of the routers can call it Remote Access and it is usually found under Advanced Settings.
- With the Netgear router, you can easily find this option under Settings. Then you have to click on the Remote Management option.
- By the Dlink router, you can look for the Tools. Tap on the Administration then clicks on the Enable Remote Management.
- Using the Linksys router you have to go to the Administration. Tap on the Remote Management.
- If the TP=Link router and then you can find this option under Security. After that click on Remote Management.
From that when you are sharing your router web portal remotely. Then it is a good security practice in order to change your default port no. from 8080 to something else. You have to make sure that you don’t use default login credentials. Then you can change it to something complex else anyone can log in to your network with a brute force attack.
Step 2: In order to Setup up Dynamic DNS
In most of us, we have a dynamic public IP address that it will also change in the next few days. You have to let us fix it by settings up Dynamic DNS. But the very first step is that if you need to understand what the Dynamic DNS or DDNS actually is. Then this will take this analogy. In this case, I can change my postal address frequently then I won’t receive my letters on time. Rather than that giving my address to everyone, I will also give them my friend’s fixed address. After that, my friend will also receive all my mail and I am going to keep him updated with my latest address. Then you can now easily forward the mail to me.
Now, this is the Dynamic DNS that is similar to a friend in the middle. If you can sign up with their service then you have to link your dynamic public IP to a domain name. Then if you can use that fixed domain name instead of your public IP. In this step, they will do the job of updating your IP address in the background. This is when there are many dynamic DNS providers out there. Most of them are free and some of them are paid. But the best way to find which service to choose is by checking which service is can support your router. Then you can follow these steps.
- First of all, you have to log in to your router and then look for an option that says Dynamic DNS.
- In this case, if it is not there then you can download the IP updater software from any Dynamic DNS provider. You can also put it on the computer which is used frequently. Then most and every router that is even the cheaper ones has these Dynamic DNS options that are inbuilt. After that, you don’t have to worry about that.
- In our device, we have a custom ROM called DD-wrt that can install on my Netgear router. This can also support the DDNS and no-IP. From the first one that is paid only. Then I will go with the second one no-IP. This can also look at the interface and then I can tell. But all I need is a domain name and the username/password.
- Then you have to go to the noip. com and then you can create a free account.
- In the next step, you have to go to the dashboard and then there you will find an option to Add hostname. Now you can click on that. By using a new window that will open and then write a new sub-domain of your choice and click add.
- After that, you can copy your new domain name and then paste it into your router settings. Now it can also enter your username and password that you have used to login to that service. In the end, you can save changes.
- Next, if you want to access your home router from a remote location. Then type in your domain name and then follow it by the remote control port no. In this case, if your setup is correct then you will see the login screen of your router.
So, this is all about How you can access the router remotely.
Related Article: Delete Your Hotmail, Windows Live & Outlook Account Permanently
This is very easy and simply type in your router’s IP address that can usually 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1 in the web browser. This is how you can about to access the router remotely. Then you can also need to keep the computer turned on at your home all the time. Also, this is not practical if you are out and about for more than a couple of days. Then the routers are always ON whether you are at home or not. This is on top of that and you don’t have to install any additional software. Each and everything you need is a web browser.
Did You like it? Share your Reviews with us!