Ways To Annotate On MS Word _Tutorial
To annotate on MS word is that they can say that it can also write it is and then mostly in the rewriting. So, let’s have a complete look! This is something that you can use in Microsoft work for work or for creative writing. Then if you can have a document that you need to edit. Now the annotating of the text can be an effective way in order to keep track of the changes that you need to make.
Hopefully, Microsoft Word can also come with the annotation tools built-in. So, that it can allow you to them quickly and then it can easily add notes. In order to your document and then keep track of changes.
- 1 What is an annotation on MS Word?
- 2 How To Add The Comments?
- 3 How To Change The Author Name To annotate on MS word
- 4 The Other Annotation on MS word Methods
What is an annotation on MS Word?
By using the annotation that is a note made on a document concerning a specific word. That it can have a passage or paragraph. Then it may signify that you need an error correction or perhaps an editor’s suggestion in order to recast the text. Now the annotations can also be used by the teachers and professors. If the grading and then the reviewing of a student’s work. So, that the situation that may use the annotations that can be easily added in a Word document.
How To Add The Comments?
To add the annotations in MS Word that are done by adding comments. Then it can also create a highlighted area of the text. So, that if you can hover over to the read the attached comment. Now you can also view the comments in a panel at the side of the page. Then each of the comment that can include in the author of the comment and then the time that it was created or edited. So, here are several ways that you can insert comments into your Microsoft Word document.
By Using the Ribbon Bar To Annotate On MS Word:
The very first step of all is that you can highlight that. In order to text that you also want to annotate in your Word document.
- Then this is Under the Review tab that is on the ribbon bar. You just have to press on the Comments button and then click on the New Comment.
- Also, your text will now have a colored background and then the cursor will also move it. In order to the comments pane and then ready for you. In order to start typing your annotation.
- You just have to type in your annotation and then it will also be visible in the comments pane. Then you can also use the hover over in order to the highlighted text. So, that you can also bring up in order to pop-up box with your comment.
- So, there are four other options that are under the Comments section. This can also allow you to make changes to your comments. Then this is as well as switch between them.
Operations To Perform:
- After that, you can then Delete the option and then give you the option. You have to remove the current comment then all comments. Then you just have to comments on the currently visible author.
- Now the Previous and then the Next option. That can allow you in order to navigate through the document from one annotation to the next. This can rather than having to search through the content for the next highlighted section.
- Then the Resolve option also allows you to mark an annotation that has completed. This has the annotation so that it can suggest you by rephrasing a sentence. Also, you could mark it as resolved when you have made the change. Now, the comment is that they can be grayed out then this will otherwise remain visible on your document.
- You can also highlight text and then it can also make changes to a paler color. Then you can differentiate between the resolved and unresolved annotations. After that, you can not mark a comment as resolved until you have made a change to the highlighted text.
To Right Click to Add Comments:
In case, if you just want to add a new comment rather than resolving it. Then deleting, or then navigating it through them and then you can quickly do this that is through the context menu.
You can also highlight the text if you want to annotate and then right-click on it. You just have to choose the New Comment. So, your comment is created in the same way as before.
By Using the Comments Button to Annotate On MS Word
So, that it can also a dedicated comments button that is available in the top-right corner of the Word window. You have to click on this button so that it can also bring up the option. In order to create a new comment or you can also navigate it to the previous button. Then tap on the next comment in the document.
From all of these methods, if you do not highlight any text that is before creating a new comment. Then the Word will also automatically select the single word that is at the cursor position. In case, if you want to annotate more than a single word. Then you must highlight the entire section that is before creating your comment.
How To Change The Author Name To annotate on MS word
Microsoft Word can automatically use the name associated with your Word application. This is the author’s name for all of your comments. Then you may prefer in order to use a different name. Although, this is for an individual document that you can change this by clicking on the File. Then click on the Info.
- In order to the right of the page that is toward at the bottom. So, that you will see a section labeled Related People.
- You just have to Right-click on your author name and then choose the Edit Property.
- Then you can then type in the author’s name of your choosing.
- In case, if you want to change this permanently then this is across all of your Word documents and then click on the File then tap on the Options.
- You can also Personalize your copy of the Microsoft Office section. Then type in the User Name if you want to use it.
- Now check the Always use these values regardless of sign in to Office box. You just have to ensure that the author name that you can set takes precedence over your sign-in credentials.
The Other Annotation on MS word Methods
Now, the comments are simple and then this is the effective way of annotating your Word documents. So, that there are other options that you could try too in such as inserting footnotes and endnotes into Word.
You can also you these techniques that can help you to minimize the time spent editing Word documents. Then the other tips are in such as creating a table of contents in Word or rearranging pages in your Word documents. Then this can also help in order to boost your productivity.
Now the annotating of the text can be an effective way in order to keep track of the changes that you need to make. Hopefully, Microsoft Word can also come with the annotation tools built-in. So, that it can allow you to them quickly and then it can easily add notes. In order to your document and then keep track of changes.
Hope This guide will help you to use the annotate in word documents!