Ways To Connect PS4 Controller Driver _Windows 10
In this article, you will learn to connect PS4 Controller Driver. Also, Gaming on a PC does not means that you are forced to use a keyboard. Then Windows 10 system supports and the game controllers that you will find most users prefer an Xbox controller. From this compatibility, it is not a problem. Also, this will said that there are still players who will prefer to use a PlayStation controller over an Xbox one.
This is also possible that it is of personal choice. Then you just are what they have on-hand. Also, Connectivity-wise, a PlayStation controller will connect to a Windows 10 machine. Now, almost this is as easy as an Xbox controller does. Then there are a few exceptions.
- 1 A PS4 Controller Device vs PS4 Pro key differences:
- 2 How To Connect the PS4 controller Driver to Windows 10?
- 3 How To Configure the controllers in games?
A PS4 Controller Device vs PS4 Pro key differences:
This is one of the main differences if it comes to the PS4 vs PS4 Pro. A question is this resolution: whereas the original PS4 is also limited to the 1080p. Then the newer PS4 Pro can also go as high as 2160p – or 4K. Then this is also more commonly known. Although, games need to have been specifically updated to take advantage of the 4K on the PS4 Pro. Then you can also see a comprehensive list of older games that have been updated.
Finally, this is up to game developers themselves. You have to issue those patches and also make the most of the more powerful hardware. Then the PS4 Pro offers. In case, if there is no PS4 Pro mode in the game. So, you can’t get true 4K resolutions.
How To Connect the PS4 controller Driver to Windows 10?
So, PS4 controllers will also come in both wired and wireless models. Then they will both use this on a Windows 10 system.
1. To Connect PS4 Controller Driver via USB port:
A Windows 10 also has native support for a wired DualShock Controller. Then other types of PS4 and PS3 controllers.
- You have to connect the controller to your system using the USB port.
- Then Wait for Windows 10 to detect the device. Now, install drivers for it.
- So, you will also see and then prompt telling you the device is ready. You have to open a game, and then start playing.
2. To Connect via Windows 10 Bluetooth:
Having a wireless PS4 controller that will also connect to a Windows 10 system using Bluetooth.
- You have to open the Settings app and then go to the Devices>Bluetooth.
- Then you have to Make sure that Bluetooth is On.
- Tap on the ‘Add Bluetooth or other device’ button.
- Using the menu, you have to click on Bluetooth.
- Now, Make sure that the controller is On. Then press on the PlayStation + Share buttons together to enter pairing mode.
- After that, the controller will appear in the menu on your Windows 10 system. Then Allow it to connect.
- When it is connected, then you can also start using it to play games.
3. To Connect with DS4Windows:
Having a PS4 controller, whether it is wired or wireless. Then you should be able to connect to the system via the native USB port or over Bluetooth. Although, there will always be exceptions. In case, if you have a PS4 controller that won’t connect. Then use an app called DS4Windows.
- You have to Make sure that the controller is NOT connected to the system.
- Then Download and also run DS4Windows.
- To Extract the folder and run the DS4Windows.exe file.
- Now, select where you want to save the profile Program Files or AppData.
- Tap on the ‘Install the DS4 Driver.
- After that, Allow the driver to install, and restart the system.
- Then run the app and connect the controller (if it’s wired), or press and hold the PS4 and Share button (if it’s wireless).
- You have to Go to the Controller tab in the app. Also, this will show the controller. Now, you can also use it to play games.
4. To Connect with InputMapper _ PS4 Controller Driver
A DS4 Windows should also be able to connect a PS4 controller. Then again there may be exceptions. In most cases, there is another app that you can try.
- You have to download and then install InputMapper.
- Now, Run the app and then allow it to install the driver named ‘Scarlet. Then Crush Productions System devices’.
- When you install it, then connect the controller to your system via Bluetooth or USB port, whichever type you have.
- You have to open the InputMapper app, and then the controller should appear in it. So, You can also configure the controller in the app. Then you can do it in the game that you play.
How To Configure the controllers in games?
So, The above methods will also connect a PS4 controller to a Windows 10 system. When you will connect this, then you may have to customize it. This is how it works within a game. From this it is a PS4 controller, then all buttons may not work the same in all games.
You have To change/check how the controller works in a game, you have to follow the steps below.
- Then you have to Make sure that the controller is connected to the system.
- Now, Open the game if you want to play using the controller and then go to its settings.
- You have to Look for the controller settings. Now, This is different and is based on every game’s own settings. In case, if you can’t find the controller settings for a game. A Google where they are.
- Using the Controller settings screen within a game. This will also look through what each button does. You can also change it if you need to. You just have to Make sure that you save the configurations.
- Also, Repeat this for all games that you want to play.
A Games & controller support:
So, PC games normally have controller support. This does not matter if a game title has been released for a console platform or not. Now, it will still have support for a controller.
Then Older games may not have support. So, they may not support the latest controllers. Also, games like that will be a very small subset of the available games. Also, For games that do not have controller support. Then you can also use InputMapper to map the controller keys. There are also specific keyboard buttons that control gameplay. An InputMapper also supports multiple profiles. Then this should also very easy enough to do for different games.
In the results, this will also differ that is based on the game and how old it is. In case, if you are using an emulator to play a game. Then this is best to configure the controller within the emulator instead of using InputMapper.
So, this is all about it. The PS4 controllers are also somewhat proprietary. Now, this is not impossible to get them to work with a Windows 10 system. Also, in most cases, built-in Bluetooth and also USB port options will do the job. If you run into trouble. Then the DS4 Windows app will help you override the restrictions that the controller has. Then Windows 10 system supports and the game controllers that you will find most users prefer an Xbox controller. From this compatibility, it is not a problem.
Hope you like this article. If You have any questions then let us know in the comments below! Thank You For Reading this! Have A Nice Day!