Ways To Downgrade Windows 10 And Upgrade Preinstalled
Did You ever Downgrade the Windows 10 preinstalled and upgrade it? Now, Microsoft also hopes that in order to have Windows 10 running. So, there is have 1 billion of the systems within three years. Then the admirable goal is the one that does not take into account the requirements of the user. Also, Windows 10 also share a lot in the most common with Windows 8.1. This is a very smooth experience so that you can upgrade it from that release. Then the Windows 7 users also have the story that might be a little different.
Here are some of the older applications so that it can just work better with the older versions. In case, if you purchase a new PC today then this is likely, and will have Windows 10 preinstalled. Then the users will still have an option that is though which is the ability to downgrade the installation. In order to get an older version of Windows that is such as Windows 7 or even Windows 8.1.
Also Read: Split Screen Windows 10: How You Can Use It?
- 1 The Prerequisite Tasks you should Complete for Downgrade Windows 10:
- 2 Some of the Other Options you should Consider Before Downgrade windows 10
- 3 How To Downgrade Windows 10, Windows 8.1, or Windows 7
- 4 To Backup your Windows 10 System:
- 4.1 To Choose the right edition and architecture of Windows 7 or Windows 8.1
- 4.2 To Disable Secure Boot and EFI Boot then Prepare to install Windows 7 or 8.1
- 4.3 To Install The Hardware Drivers and Update Windows
- 4.4 To Activate your Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 License
- 4.5 To Disable And Get Windows 10
Some of the important information:
Here is a different process so that you can then rolling your Windows 10. Then you can upgrade back to the previous version. If you can upgrade the Windows 7 or 8.1 to Windows 10. Then you have a 30-day window that is where you can also roll it back to the previous version. Also, you can not lose any of your data.
The Prerequisite Tasks you should Complete for Downgrade Windows 10:
Now, the downgrading also involves the process so that it can also strongly recommend you to have everything in the place that is before that when you start this project in such as:
- You can also copy Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 if you want to downgrade. In case, if you don’t have a license then you will have to purchase a Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 license. Also, if your system can come as preinstalled with the Windows 10 Pro. That is why you would need to download or you can also borrow a Windows 7 Professional or Windows 8.1 Pro disc.
- Now the product key is from a computer so that it can run the Windows 7 Professional or Windows 8.1 Pro. Then you are exercising the downgrade rights from Windows 10 Pro OEM. So, this has the key that can be either a retail upgrade, full version, OEM preinstalled or also the System Builder product key.
- So, it is also necessary that the hardware drivers are either for Windows 7 or Windows 8.1.
- Now the External hard disk is used to create a backup of your Windows 10 installation.
- After that, this will also have a copy of your Windows 10 Pro OEM product key available. This is just in case that Microsoft also supports in order to need that is to verify it during activation. Then here is how you can find it. You have to remember that this is for OEM preinstalled Windows 10 Pro licenses only.
- You have to press the Windows key + X then click on the Command Prompt (Admin), at then the command prompt. Then you can also type the following command and then hit the Enter button on your keyboard. Enter the following command: wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey
Some of the Other Options you should Consider Before Downgrade windows 10
This is for the computers that can upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1 or Windows 7. Also, it is limited in options that are available within 30 days to rollback to your previous version. In case, if your upgrade to Windows 10 is more than a month old then a manual downgrade will have to be done. Also, if your computer can come with the recovery media. Then you can also consult the documentation for instructions on how to you can reinstall Windows 7 or Windows 8 on your computer.
Now, you can recently purchase a new computer, and then it can be preinstalled with Windows 10. Then you can only find out if it does not work with your hardware or software or you just don’t like it. It is also possible that you want to consider returning the computer. Now the hassle will also associate it with the actual downgrading and it is not as convenient and smooth as sailing as you might believe.
Further More Details Before Downgrading:
After that, there is also remain a demand for the systems with the older versions of Windows. By which you can also what that you might prefer. By most of the OEM vendors in such as Dell, HP, and Lenovo. This can also offer new model systems with a choice of Windows 7 or Windows 8.1. In case, if your computer is still within its warranty period, then I can suggest you take advantage of it. You can also purchase an appropriate system preinstalled with Windows 7 or Windows 8.1.
Then the Microsoft also has made available then a list of vendors who are providing a selection of Windows 7/8.1 systems so that it can support Intel’s latest CPU architecture, Skylake. This can recently announce the plans in order to limit the Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 that can support future revisions of Skylake. Also, it would make now an opportune time in order to upgrade to a new PC while they are available. After that time Microsoft will only focus on supporting Windows 10 on the future processor technology.
How To Downgrade Windows 10, Windows 8.1, or Windows 7
In this case, if you can recently buy a system with Windows 10. Then the reason is that you can also purchase the outside of the warranty window. So, your next best option is to manually downgrade and if your system supports it. Then here is what you need to do in order to determine if you can successfully downgrade:
- You can also check if the manufacturer has a native Windows 7 and also the Windows 8.1 hardware drivers that are available. So, that it can also depend on the model system. Then it is not a guarantee that they can do. Now you will also need essential drivers in such as Chipset, Video, Network, Audio, and Storage to have a working system.
- By using the Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 license. Then you don’t have a license for Windows 8.1 or Windows 7 you will need to purchase one. In this, if your system came preinstalled with Windows 10 Pro. And then you are automatically entitled to downgrade rights to Windows 8.1 Pro or Windows 7 Professional.
- Then you have to go to the manufacturer’s website and then look in the download section. Now, the driver’s section of the website. You just have to enter the model number and then click on the OK or Go.
- When your driver has been found then the website will usually have an option to filter the operating system. Then click on the list box and then select Windows 7 or Windows 8.1. So, it depends on which version you decide to downgrade. You will also proceed to download all the critical drivers in such as Chipset, Video, Network, Audio, and Storage. When you download it, then save them to a thumb drive until if you are ready to install them.
To Backup your Windows 10 System:
If you might not look like Windows 10 today. Then this is your trip back to Windows 7 so that it might be temporary. Also, if you will decide to return to Windows 10 and then you can make it a convenient process for restoring a system image. Then this will also be like performing a clean install. This will also a minimal inconvenience.
To Choose the right edition and architecture of Windows 7 or Windows 8.1
Then you just have to need in order to determine the version and then the architecture of Windows 7 or 8.1 that you will be installing. In case, if your computer has more than 4 GB of RAM installed. Then you can use a 64-bit version. Now, your objective has compatibility with the legacy hardware or software. So, that it can then 32 bit will be your best choice and then this will limit the amount of memory your system will be able to address.
Then you are exercising the downgrade rights from Windows 10 Pro OEM. Now, you can download a copy of Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 from the software recovery page. With this Windows 7 media and then you will also need to have a valid product key. Then you don’t have then the software recovery page and it will not work. Now your next best option is to borrow a corresponding Windows 7 Professional disc that is from a trusted friend or family member.
To Disable Secure Boot and EFI Boot then Prepare to install Windows 7 or 8.1
You can also install Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 that can relatively use the easy process. Then you have to check out our articles for the instructions on how to do so. S, that the procedure also involves performing a clean install. Then you can’t perform an in-place upgrade in order to get an older version of Windows. This is from that within Windows 10. When you start the installation then you will need to disable Secure Boot and native EFI boot. So, the process is required if you are installing Windows 7. This will also disable the Secure Boot that is necessary before you can enable the legacy boot.
Then the Secure Boot was the first introduced as part of the Windows 8 that can wave of systems featuring. Having a new security mechanism for protecting systems from malware. Now you can disable the Secure Boot that can vary across system brands and models. So, the process will also require booting into the system’s firmware interface.
When you boot it then this is from your Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 that you can install the media. Then you have to click on the option Custom (Advanced) and then select each of the partition. You have to click on the delete option that is until there that has the has only a single that can unallocated disk. Then Click on the New this will also create a system recovery partition. You have to choose the larger system partition and then click on the Next in order to install your version of Windows.
To Install The Hardware Drivers and Update Windows
When you install Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 then you can proceed in order to install the appropriate drivers. Then you had downloaded this in advance. You can also start off with the most critical which can include the Chipset, Video, and Network. Also, the Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 installations will also likely be out of date. Then this can immediately check Windows Update for the latest updates and then install them. You just have to ensure that your Antivirus utility is updated. By Windows 8.1, it can also include in a built-in Antivirus called Windows Defender. Then Windows 7 users will also download the Windows Defender or another free third-party Antivirus utility.
To Activate your Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 License
When you have Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 up that is running. Then you will also need to activate your license. You have to depend on the options that can chosen or available and then this process should be smooth. Also, if you had to purchase a retail or OEM system builder license then the standard Internet activation will be all you need to do.
Then the systems utilizing the downgrade rights can also be done through the Windows 10 Pro. Now, your options that are tricky. This is that according to Microsoft and then you should contact the OEM about obtaining a license.
Also Read: Comparison Between HDD Raid Or SSD Raid
Most of the OEMs pre-inject is the product key for Windows 7 Professional or Windows Vista Business into the BIOS for just such an occasion. In case, if your OEM did this on your PC then you have to take only one of the following actions:
- You just have to install Windows 7 Professional or Windows Vista Business by using the recovery media. This is for that version of the Window so that it was provided by the same OEM. Then your system will also activate it automatically by using the product key that was injected into the BIOS.
OEM not injected:
In case, if your OEM has not injected your product key into the BIOS on your PC then you have to follow these steps:
- You have to obtain the genuine Windows 7 Professional or Windows Vista Business installation media. So, that it can also correspond to the product key. Now you may have to buy a full package of the product copy of the Windows downgrade from a retailer.
Now, these statements can also defeat the purpose of downgrade rights. Then the workaround that is in this situation in order to use an existing Windows 7 or Windows 8.1. You have to take the Product Key in order to initiate the activation. Then the tricky part of this is that it can be a product key that is already in use. This can also correspond with the edition. Now the burden is on you and the user in order to find such a product key.
The other options, including that it can borrowing a Windows 7 Professional/Windows 8/8.1 Pro key from a trusted friend or family member. Then the intention is not to use the key in order to activate the license but to exercise downgrade rights itself. Now, you can also use a product key from a computer preinstalled with an OEM Windows 7 Professional or Windows 8/8.1 Pro license. You just have to see the instructions that are at the beginning of this article on how to extract a Windows 8.1 Pro product key through the command line.
Then press the Windows key + R then type, slui.exe 4, and then hit Enter on your keyboard. You just have to select your country from the list box and then choose the Phone Activation option. Then stay on the phone and then wait for a Microsoft Answer Tech in order to help you with activation. So, that is the most important thing that you need to remember to say is I am exercising downgrade rights.
To Disable And Get Windows 10
From this, you are now back on a qualifying version of Windows. Then you will also get the notification in order to upgrade to Windows 10. If you do decide in order to upgrade to Windows 10 again in the future then you can choose the in-place upgrade route. Also, you can restore the system image that you can have created in advance. In case, if you have accumulated data on the system then back that up first and then restore the system image.
In this now that was a lot to articulate. Then the Microsoft also wants every PC in order to upgrade to Windows 10 then the reality is that can only happen in a perfect world. Also, we all have our various reasons why we still prefer Windows 7 or Windows 8.1. Then it is our right. By using Windows 10 which is indeed in the future then I am sure many of us would also prefer to embrace the future on our terms.
So, this is all about the downgrade of windows 10.
Related Articles: How To Find Your Wi-Fi Network Password Windows 10?
Windows 10 also share a lot in the most common with Windows 8.1. This is a very smooth experience so that you can upgrade it from that release. Then the Windows 7 users also have the story that might be a little different. Here are some of the older applications so that it can just work better with the older versions. In case, if you purchase a new PC today then this is likely, and will have Windows 10 preinstalled.
Hope this article will help you to downgrade windows! Thank You!