Ways To Encrypt USB Drive Windows 10 _Guide
To Encrypt USB Drive Windows 10 or the Flash drives and SD cards help you to protect your data. This is a convenient tool. You can easily transfer data by using these tools. Although, this is with the convenience and then the portability. It can also come with a security risk. So, that is where you can encrypt and then it becomes valuable and then the BitLocker in Windows 10 makes it easy to do. Moreover, the Windows 10 version 1151 can come with a new and then improve the encryption algorithm.
You just have to remember that the BitLocker encryption tool. This can only available in the Windows 10 Pro and then this is not in the Home version.
How To Encrypt USB Drive Windows 10
- You have to Plugin into your flash drive and then you can do this with an SD card. This is too and then you have to wait for this while Windows recognizes it. In case, if the AutoPlay can come up and then select the Open folder to view files.
- This is from the Ribbon and then select the drive that you want in order to encrypt. So, that this is from the Ribbon and then you have to click on the Manage tab. Also, click on the BitLocker then Turn on the BitLocker.
- On the other hand, if you can open This PC. Then you have to right-click on the drive. Now you have to select and then Turn on BitLocker.
- This is the way that you do it and then the BitLocker wizard starts up. You just have to check to Use a password to unlock the drive and then type in a password twice.
- In the very next step, you will also be prompted in order to get the backup recovery key. So, that is has a string of characters that will let you access the drive. So, in this case, you lose the encryption password.
- We can also recommend you by saving the recovery key in order to a file or printing it. This is out and then it can also store it in a secure location. Apart from that and then having it in the cloud.
- Then you have to choose how much of the drive you have to encrypt. Now, you can select only the used space or the entire drive.
The New Encryption Mode
Now the BitLocker is in the Windows 10 version 1511 (November Update). This can now include in the 256-bit XTS-AES encryption mode. So, that it can provide you additional integrity support with the improved algorithm. Although, it is not available on the older versions of Windows.
Then You will also need in order to choose that by which method you have to use. Also, if you have to only plan on using this drive on the PC. Then you are encrypting it on and then you will probably want in order to use the new encryption mode.
The reason is that if you need in order to use the drive on other PCs. So, that this has an older version of Windows by which it can probably have the case with a flash drive or SD card). Then select the Compatible Mode, which also uses the previous 128-bit AES.
Related Articles: Microsoft Outlook 2016: Ways To Create And Use Signatures
It can also come with a security risk. So, that is where you can encrypt and then it becomes valuable and then the BitLocker in Windows 10 makes it easy to do. Moreover, the Windows 10 version 1151 can come with a new and then improve the encryption algorithm. You just have to remember that the BitLocker encryption tool.
Hope you like this article!