Ways To Fix Kodi Update Failed _Error
Here are some of the guidelines about how to Fix the Kodi Update Failed error. Also, Anyone who uses the regularly unofficial Kodi add-ons. That will also see the dread “Update Failed” error. This will be unsettling to know something that is gone wrong. So, there are ways of rooting out the problem that you don’t require advanced technical knowledge to solve. Also, We will walk you through the process below.
This is one of the best features which is about Kodi. So, that it is not just a media center that is used for organizing and also displaying your media files. Now, you can also install add-ons and you have to give you new functionalities just like watching YouTube, watching Twitch, listening to music, and listening to podcasts through your media center. Also, this is the way that you can also install these add-ons that is through repositories. Then those website’s installation files are hosted. Having A Kodi that is open source, then anyone can also create their own add-on and then share it with the internet. Now, there are hundreds of free add-ons that Kodi users can install.
- 1 Add-ons Repositories:
- 2 Reason: Why Does The Updated Failed Error Occur?
- 3 Ways To Fix Kodi Update Failed Error:
- 3.1 1. To Find Out Which Repository Is Causing Issues _ Kodi Update Failed:
- 3.2 How To Determine Whether The Repository Is Still Active?
- 3.3 To Manually Update The Repository:
- 3.4 How To Fix Corrupted Database Files?
- 3.5 To Update To Latest Version Of Kodi:
Although, these are sometimes causing problems if working with add-ons and repositories. Having a Lot of repositories that have been shut down in the last year due to legal issues. It is now there that are many old repositories that will no longer work. But the One issue that Kodi users frequently see is an “Update Failed” error message. It means that the update for an add-on that you have installed and is not installing correctly from the repository. Using this article, we will also tell you about why this error happens and then demonstrate the methods that you can use so you can learn how to fix Kodi “Update Failed” error.
Reason: Why Does The Updated Failed Error Occur?
Now, The “Update Failed” error also happens if Kodi tries to update one of your add-ons. So, this is the way that Kodi works, then it will periodically get the automatic updates add-ons in the background. Now, you don’t normally even notice it happening. Having the URL of the repository that you will also use to install an add-on and also save it in your system. If Kodi decides that it will also need to check for updates to the add-on.
This will also look for an update that is available in the repository at the URL that you will save. Usually, a Kodi will also either not find an update for your add-on. In most of the cases, will nothing happens, and then the update checks and also concludes. This will also find a new version of the add-on which will also download and then install in place of the old add-on.
In case, if you see the update failed error on your Kodi system. This means that this add-on updating process has failed. So, This will also happen if Kodi also sees that there is a newer version of your add-on available in the repository. Also, this is the new version that is not compatible with the version of the add-on. After that, you will currently install it. Also, This will happen if a repository changes file structure or the add-on changes the versioning number.
Then confuses Kodi over whether the add-on on your system is compatible with the update in the repository. On the other hand, the error can also occur when the Kodi database of your system is corrupt. It means that Kodi cannot correctly link between your version of the add-on and the new one.
Ways To Fix Kodi Update Failed Error:
So, if the update failed an error that will cause by a problem with the repository or by a problem with your Kodi database. Now, this error will have a little fiddly to fix. So, You will also need to try to fix both the repository and also your database. You have to see where the problem lies. Then Try out the options below to fix the update failed error:
1. To Find Out Which Repository Is Causing Issues _ Kodi Update Failed:
You have to fix the update failed error, then this is your first need to find out which repository is causing the issue. Now, The error message that you will also see the state which is particular and add-on has failed to update. So, you will also need to work out which repository is responsible for that add-on. Now, It could be that if you have one repository that you can also use to install many different add-ons. This will allow you to use a repository just once to install a specific add-on. In most cases, if you need to check the repository that is failed to update to move on to fixing it.
So, Here is how you will also find out which repository is being used by an add-on that is failing. This will also say that the Neptune Rising add-on is failing to update. Also, here is how you would find information about the responsible repository:
- You have to Start on your Kodi home screen.
- Now, you have to Go to the Add-ons available in the left-hand menu
- Then Go to the Video add-ons in the left-hand menu. So, this is just because the Neptune Rising is a video add-on. In case, if you were looking for information about a music add-on. Then you would also choose Music add-ons instead.
- Now, From the list of add-ons, you have to find the one you want. In most of our cases, it’s Neptune Rising. Then right-click on the name of the add-on and also select Information
- After that, you will also see a page of information about the add-on. Then Look under the add-on icon on the left and you’ll see a box that says Repository:
- This is Whatever it is written after Repository: Then the name of the repository that this add-on was installed from. Most of the case, it is also the Blamo Repo.
How To Determine Whether The Repository Is Still Active?
So, that you will know to get the repository that is causing you problems. This is time to do some research. Most of the repositories have had to shut down or move to new URLs in the last year. Just because of the major crackdown on repositories which will also host the add-ons that can be used for illegal streaming. It means that a lot of repositories have stopped working and then you might need to change some things to fix them.
This is the first step is to google the name of the repository. So, that you will identify in the step above and also see if you find any news about the repository closing or moving to a new URL. In case, if the repository is closed, then you should also remove it from your system. In most cases, you will no longer be able to get updates that are for your add-ons. Although, the add-ons that should continue working as before. Then you should not see any of the more updates failed errors.
In case, if the repository has a new URL, then you should also update your Kodi system accordingly:
- You have to start on your home screen and then go to settings.
- Now, you have to Go to the File Manager.
- After that, Find the repository if you want to update the URL for and also right-click on it. Then select the Edit source.
- Then Enter the new URL address into the text field and then click OK
To Manually Update The Repository:
In case, if the repository has not been taken down and also has not moved the URL. Then you are still getting the update failed error. So, you should also try forcing the repository to update. Most of the time when the updates get stuck. You don’t need to install it properly, so it will also appear in the system. In case, if the update has been installed but actually does not work. If add-ons will try to update themselves. You have to force a manual update of the repository that will fix this issue.
So, Here is how to manually force a repository update:
- You have to start on your home screen.
- Then Go to the Add-ons
- After that, click on the icon that looks like an open box
- Now, Go to the Install from zip file
- After that, Find the zip file for the repository. In most of our cases, we will also go to the blame and then double click on the repository.blamo-0.1.3.zip.
- So, This will also update the repository. Now, you will also see a notification saying that the repository is also updated after a second.
- Then we will also need to update the add-on that is causing the problem. You have to Go to the My add-ons
- After that go to Video add-ons for a video add-on like Neptune Rising. Then else go to Music add-ons or any other category you need.
- You have to Find the add-on that was not updating properly. So, we will also use Neptune Rising once again for this example. You have to Right-click on it and then choose Information.
- Also, on the add-on information page, choose Update from the menu at the bottom.
- Now, This will also bring up a box showing the repositories. So, that you have available to update the add-on. Then Choose the repository that you just updated – in this case, it’s Version 1.3.9, Blamo Repo
- Then the add-on will also update and you will also see an add-on updated notification. Also, you shouldn’t see the update failed error anymore.
How To Fix Corrupted Database Files?
So, This will also cover the ways to fix the update failed error. If the problem is with the repository that you are using. Then you will also recall that the error and can also be caused by a problem with your Kodi database. If the database becomes corrupted, then it is not possible to update the add-on as there is a mismatch. This is with what your database says. In most cases, if you will need to rebuild your database. So, Here is how to do that:
- You have to Start on your Kodi home screen.
- Then Go to the Settings just by clicking on the icon that will also look like a cog.
- Now, Go to the File Manager.
- After that, double-click on the Profile directory that is available from the list on the left.
- Then Double click on Database.
- You have to Find your add-ons database file. So, This file will also call as the AddonsXX.db. It is with the XX representing a number.
- After that, you have to right-click on the add-ons database file and then choose Delete.
- Also, This will delete your database file. Then restart Kodi that is available on the database file that will be rebuilt. So, This should also fix your update failed error.
To Update To Latest Version Of Kodi:
In the end, if none of these actions helped, then this is one good way to fix a variety of issues. This is with Kodi that is to update to the latest version. A Kodi does not automatically update itself. In case if you have been using Kodi for a few years then you could be several versions behind. Now, This can also cause compatibility issues with add-ons that will stop them from working correctly.
You have to remember that a backup before you update so that you don’t lose any of your important files, add-ons, or settings.
Also, We hope that this will also help you to fix the update failed error on Kodi. You will also come across this error, and then how did you fix it? Do you have any luck with the actions that we suggest to you? Also, let us know about it and what worked for you in the comments below.