Ways To Hide Steam Games From Friends On Steam
Did you ever play games on steam? You can also Hide Steam Games From Friends on steam. Most of the users know that Steam games are visible. Then both of you and the other users. In this case, if you want to hide them and here is how.
What is Steam?
So, steam is the largest digital distribution platform for PC games. In which you can play games with a community of over 100 million users by using the platform.
In this case, if you are a Steam user then your profile is set to the public. So, you are displaying your games library to millions of users. This mostly happens that it is that it can not really an issue. In this case, if you are playing a popular game then there will be millions of other people that you are playing it too.
Although, if you may want to indulge in the guilty of the pleasure of playing a game. Then that you should not really like it. Also, this is by you just that it can’t help playing it. It is also possible that you might also want to hide thousands of dollars. This is for the worth of purchased games that from prying eyes and looking to steal your Steam account.
Hopefully, it is also possible to hide games on Steam. Now that they are not visible to prying eyes.
Ways To Hide Steam Games From Friends:
In order to stop the games from that, it can be visible in your Steam library. Then you will need to open the Steam client on your PC or Mac. But when you open it, then click on the Library tab that is available at the top.
You also have to right-click on the game so that if you want to hide. In this, you can click on the Manage button. Then tap on the Hide this game to hide it. Now your game will no longer appear in your library. Also, it won’t be deleted then it is just that it won’t be visible until you decide to restore it.
Also See: The Best Music Apps That Don’t Use WiFi
To Restore the Hide Steam Games From Friends:
Also, the hidden games are exactly that and can be hidden. In this case, if you have hidden a Steam game from your library. Then this is easy enough to restore access to it.
- In order to start it, you have to click on the View menu that is available at the top of the Steam client.
- Then you have to select the Hidden Games from the drop-down menu that appears.
- Now you should also be able to see any games. So that you can have the previously hidden from your library.
- In this case, if you want to restore a game and then unhide it. You have to right-click on a game and then select the Manage. Now you have to Remove from Hidden in order to do so.
- Tap on the Library tab when you are done. This will also get the previously hidden game that should now appear in your library as normal.
How to Hide Your Steam Games From Others:
In this case, if you want to keep your entire library visible to you. And you don’t want any of your friends from seeing it. Then this is also possible in order to hide your Steam library from others.
- In order to do this, you just have to click on your profile name that is available in the top-right of the Steam client window. Now you have to click on the View my profile option.
- Then click on the Edit Profile button in order to begin it. You can also change your Steam profile settings.
- By using the Edit menu then click on the My Privacy Settings option.
- Then tap on the Game Details status. Now this will show you and can display a drop-down menu with the various options.
- If the Game details menu you have to set your game privacy to Private.
By using your friends you will also no longer be able to see the games in your Steam account or elsewhere. Now the game that you are currently playing will remain hidden from view. Now, this is as that will your game achievements and then saved wish-list games and more.
To Secure Your Steam Account
This is even if you have hidden away those guilty pleasures. So, that your secrets might not be safe if you don’t keep your Steam account secure. Now the good news is that that Steam can offer two-factor authentication in order to protect your account from rogue agents.
If you can take your account security a step further by changing your Steam and email account passwords regularly. In this case, you don’t know what password you have to use. Then you can use a password manager in order to create and save secure passwords instead.
So, this is all about it.
Related Article: Mac Address: How You Can Change Mac Address Windows 10
If you are a Steam user then your profile is set to the public. So, you are displaying your games library to millions of users. This mostly happens that it is that it can not really an issue. In this case, if you are playing a popular game then there will be millions of other people that you are playing it too.