What To Do IF Computer Can’t Find Wireless Printer?
In this article, you will learn what to do if the computer can’t find a wireless Printer. Some of the things that are more frustrating. Then if you want to print a document. This is also your wireless printer that is in an error state. Also, they can give you the silent treatment. Without this, if you have tried to connect your Wi-Fi printer to the network in your home. Then the problems persist by leaving your printer stubbornly off the grid.
But ideally, if a wireless connection should allow you to transfer documents easily from your device to the printer. This is not always that simple in reality.
You should also know how to troubleshoot wireless printer issues that can relieve some of that frustration. So, we are going to cover some of the fixes so that I will help you work through most of them below.
- 1 Some of the Troubleshoot Tips if Computer Can’t Find Wireless Printer:
- 1.1 To Check The Basics if Computer Can’t Find Wireless Printer:
- 1.2 To Set Your Printer IF Computer Can’t Find Wireless Printer:
- 1.3 CAN Restart All Your Devices IF Computer Can’t Find Wireless Printer
- 1.4 To Run The Printing Troubleshooter IF Computer Can’t Find Wireless Printer:
- 1.5 To Check the Router Settings:
- 1.6 To Update Router Firmware:
- 1.7 To Disable VPN Connections:
- 1.8 To Make The Printer IP Address Static:
- 1.9 To Check Firewall Settings:
- 1.10 To Change Your SSID:
- 1.11 To Uninstall & Reinstall Printer Driver & Software
- 1.12 To Uninstall & Reinstall The Printer:
- 1.13 To Clear & Reset Print Spooler
- 1.14 To Reset Your Printer:
Some of the Troubleshoot Tips if Computer Can’t Find Wireless Printer:
To Check The Basics if Computer Can’t Find Wireless Printer:
This is also possible in order to overlook some of the basics. That is hereby what to check in order before moving to advanced steps:
- You just have to make sure that the printer is on or that it has power.
- Now you can connect your printer in order to your computer or another device
- Then check the printer’s toner and paper. Also, the printer queue. Most of the time if a print job with an error may hold up the line. Then the travel time for files from your device to the printer may take more time. Also, the or a larger document that may take longer in order to download and process.
- You just have to check for any warning lights or error messages on the printer.
- Then make sure that it can connect to the Wi-Fi.
- You can also use a USB cable in order to connect and then see if it works again.
- Now move on to your printer in order to where it can get the best Wi-Fi signal without interference. Also, it should not be too far from the router.
- Then confirm that your device is also on the right network especially where there is a Wi-Fi range extender as this creates separate networks. Then making it harder to connect.
- In this case, if you can recently update your browser the security software, operating system, or firewalls. Also, it could cause issues that can connect to your printer. You can also reconnect your device to the network, reconfigure security settings to include printers. Then you can also install updated drivers.
If you can also perform a System Restore in order to go back to the default version. Then you can try settings and then try connecting to your printer again.
To Set Your Printer IF Computer Can’t Find Wireless Printer:
This is also possible that you are trying to connect to a Wi-Fi printer. Then that has set itself as the default. Most of the times, if a printer may install software that has a virtual printer. If you can hit the Print command then the virtual printer saves the file. Rather than that the actual document that you are sending to the physical printer.
- Now click on the Start > Control Panel > Hardware and Sound.
- After that click on the Devices and Printers.
- You just have to right-click on your printer. Then select the Set as default printer. Tap on the Yes or OK in order to confirm the action.
CAN Restart All Your Devices IF Computer Can’t Find Wireless Printer
You can also restart that can helps fix any software glitches. So, that it could also cause your wireless printer and then connect it to the devices. That if not to work properly together. Now the wireless printer, router, computer/other device, wireless access point. Then the modem that can all rely on your home or office network in order to connect to the internet.
Although if it is configured and if one device that can acts up. This may also affect all the others. You can also restart that can get to the network humming again. Due to which you can try the printer in order to see if it works.
To Run The Printing Troubleshooter IF Computer Can’t Find Wireless Printer:
- In order to do this you have to open the Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers.
- Then right click on the printer icon and then click on the Troubleshoot. You can also use the printing troubleshooter in order to identify and then fix the problems connecting to your printer.
- On the other hand, you have to go to the search box on the taskbar and then type Printing problem in. You just have to select Run Troubleshooter to download theprinting troubleshooter. Now click on the Open and follow the on-screen instructions.
To Check the Router Settings:
In this case, if you can replace it with your router recently. Then you may have to reconfigure the computer and printer to reconnect with your network.
Now the new router that may have a different ISP address that you needs reconfiguration. You can also do the adjustment of router settings with some of which may be unsuitable for your wireless printer.
- In order to check the router settings you have to open your browser and then type its IP address and then press Enter. In this case, if you are not sure of the IP address. Then you can also read our post how to find the IP address of a router. Now you can try using admin as the username, and the password as the password. By which that they are the commonly used default passwords for routers.
- You can also find the Wireless or Security section and then adjust the settings in order to get the default for the printer to connect.
Some of the things that you can check in the router settings include:
- The MAC address filtering can be disable that it as it really doesn’t make your network secure.
- You just have to check if your router is in the 2.4GHz frequency band. By which it is most wireless printers easily connect to compared to connecting to the 5GHz only mode.
- You can also use a Wi-Fi channel that’s least used by other local networks By this is for printers that are not connecting. The channels 1, 6, and 11 usually work best, instead of the default Auto channel selection setting.
- Now you can also disable the wireless isolation mode then set and then try connecting to the printer again.
- You can also enable the DCHP in order to allow your printer to the acquire an IP address and communicate over the network, and attempt reconnection.
- Then check that your router, device or printer has a guest connection as this isolates them from other devices on a network. Then you can also prevents it your wireless printer from connecting.
To Update Router Firmware:
In this case, if you can change the router settings that did not help. If you want to update it then the firmware is to address bugs or vulnerabilities and the connectivity issues.
You can also move to the Windows 10 from a different version that could create an interruption to your connection. By which a firmware update could solve.
Then you can alsoheck your router’s manual or the consult the device manufacturer for further instructions as the steps may vary with different routers. Most of them may also require special instructions in order to connect to wireless devices. Mostly those that provided by ISPs.
To Disable VPN Connections:
In this case, if you are using a virtual private network in order to connect securely to a remote network. This is it that could restrict you from printing through your Wi-Fi printer. Also, it can happens for the security reasons but you can also disable the VPN connection. You ca also try to connect to the home network and resume printing functions.
To Make The Printer IP Address Static:
By this, the IP addresses that can fluctuate in a particular range. This is not your device that remains in the same spot. Then this can be confusing especially where several devices in order to attempt in order to connect wirelessly over a given duration.
You can also check your router’s that can manual for instructions on how to set a static IP address for your printer so that it won’t change with time.
To Check Firewall Settings:
By this, if your device that can firewall and can design in order to block any attacks from malware. This is it and could also block network settings for printing. In this it could be overprotective of your device that can depend on how it can configure. This also won’t let it see your printer over the local network. The firewall settings that can vary though in which case that you should check the user guide or vendor’s website for support resources.
You just have to make sure that you can keep your software up-to-date. This will also set firewall settings to medium or Trusted Zone. Also, this is where your device is connected to a network and the enable it to show all the alert messages. You can also heck that if you don’t have multiple firewalls that can enable at once. The reason is that it can cause the several wireless printer connection issues. This can also may find your wireless printer not printing.
To Change Your SSID:
If you want to Chang the name of your Wi-Fi network (SSID) that may solve connectivity issues. In this case, if there are multiple routers with the similar SSID like Home. Then you can also change one of them in order to make it recognizable by your printer. This will also resolve connectivity errors due to the drops in connection or incorrect wireless connection.
If you want to do this then it means that you have to reconnect a computer system or compatible devices. Then to the right network that the printer is connected to.
To Uninstall & Reinstall Printer Driver & Software
Also, it will involves in reinstalling or to reconfiguring your printer’s special network drivers.
- You just have to open the Control Panel > Programs.
- Then click on the Programs and Features> Uninstall a program.
- Now click your printer’s name and then click on the Yes in order to confirm the action. You can also turn on the printer in order to go to the manufacturer’s site. Due to get the specific instructions for downloading and then installing the drivers for your model. When you install it then follow the steps in order to set up the printer connection and then try printing again.
Then you can also reinstall printer drivers then by using the Windows Update. This will be done by clicking on the Start > Settings > Update & Security . Now click on the Check for updates. In this case, it is an updated driver that is available. This will also download and install and your printer will use it.
On the other hand, you can also use the disc installation software. So, that it can came with your printer as this may help you install its drivers or check for driver updates.
What To do if the Printer Driver Doesn’t Install?
- By using this, you have to click on the Start > Settings > Devices.
- Now click on the Printers and Scanners and then click on the Print server properties under the Related settings.
- You can also go to the Drivers tab and then check for your printer. By this if there is that you are good to go. Then you have to click on the Add.
- Then click on the Next option in the Welcome to the Add Printer Driver wizard.
- Now Tap on your device’s architecture in the Process Selection box and then click on the Next.
- Then the Printer Driver Selection you can also click on your manufacturer. After that you can select the printer driver and then click on the Next > Finish. You just have to follow the on-screen steps to add your printer’s driver..
To Uninstall & Reinstall The Printer:
You can also try to remove your printer and then reinstall it. In order to see if the connection will work for it to print again.
- If you want to remove the printer then click on the Start > Settings > Devices. Tap on the Printers and Scanners and then find your printer. You have to click on it and then select Remove device.
- Also, you can reinstall the printer by clicking on the Start > Settings > Devices > Printers and Scanners. Now you can select the Add a printer or scanner.
- You can also choose your printer from the list of available ones. It includes that the Bluetooth or printers that can connect in to another computer and then shared on your network and the click on the Add device.
To Clear & Reset Print Spooler
Now the print spooler manages the printing process. In this case, if you find your wireless printer not printing. Then the print spooler that could have a problem. Now clear the spooler files and then restart the spooler service.
- By using the search box you have to type the services and then choose Services from the search results.
- Tap on the Standard tab and then double-click on the Print spooler.
- You have to click on the Stop > OK.
- Then type the %WINDIR%\system32\spool\printers that is avaliable in the search box again and then select %WINDIR%\system32\spool\PRINTERS from the search results. You also have to delete all the files in that folder.
- You can also type the services and then select the Services. Then click on the Standards tab, and then double-click on the Print Spooler from the list. You just have to click on the Start and in the Startup type box. Also, you can select the Automatic and then click on the OK.
To Reset Your Printer:
So, this is a last resort solution if all of the other fixes that can fail. This is just because of it that can clears all your printer settings. Also, it can include in the Wi-Fi login credentials in order to reestablish a connection.
You just have to check your printer in the manual for directions. Also, that how to perform a factory reset as the steps that can vary by brand and model. Now the information that may also be available online if you don’t have an owner’s manual.
Also, we have covered most of the probable fixes in order to get the wireless printer problems. In this case, if your are still won’t connect after going through each of these fixes. Then you can consult the manufacturer and then return it to the store, or you can buy a new printer and then start over.
This is also your wireless printer that is in an error state. Also, they can give you the silent treatment. Without this, if you have tried to connect your Wi-Fi printer to the network in your home. Then the problems persist by leaving your printer stubbornly off the grid. But ideally, if a wireless connection should allow you to transfer documents easily from your device to the printer.
So, this is all about the computer can’t find wireless printer. Hope you like it!