Windows Is Not Activated: To Fix Product Key Not Working
Most of the users face the issue of Windows Is Not Activated. They don’t have any idea that what to do in this situation? By using Product Activation was the first that can be introduced into the Windows family. After the release of Windows XP in 2001. Now the Activation pairs of your product key with your computer. This is also used as a mechanism in order to copy the protection in addition to defining support rights. So, it can depend on the product channel from which the software was acquired. Then the Retail, OEM, Volume License, or Trial. Also, with Windows 10, Microsoft has made huge announcements regarding product distribution.
Now the most notable being thing that the Windows 10 is free for existing Windows 7, 8/8.1 users for the first year. Also, it is regardless of this and then the product activation remains a part of Windows 10. So, in this, we take a look at product activation and troubleshooting steps.
- 1 How To Fix Windows 10 Product Key Activation If Windows Is Not Activated
- 2 What to do if Windows Is Not Activated?
- 2.1 If the ‘Get Windows 10 App’ Indicates My License is not Activated:
- 3 Ways that I can check my activation status after upgrading?
- 3.1 To Fix Windows 10 Activation Errors:
- 3.2 To Contact the Microsoft Activation Center for further assistance:
- 3.3 To Reset your license status:
- 3.4 To Use The Force activation:
- 3.5 To Scan for broken operating system files:
- 3.6 Then You were never running a genuine Windows 7 or Windows 8 license.
- 3.7 All About The MSDN or TechNet Product Keys
How To Fix Windows 10 Product Key Activation If Windows Is Not Activated
- By using Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 the product key cannot activate in Windows 10. In Windows 10 it can also use its own unique product key.
- So, this is the default that Windows 10 can also build are pre-keyed. This also means that you do not have to enter a product key. Then this should not be prompted to enter one so as long as you upgraded from an activated Windows 7 or Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 license or Windows 10 Preview build.
- In this case, if you can perform a clean install on the first attempt. Then you will have to start over from an activated Windows 7 or Windows 8.x installation.
- Also, you can prompt and then enter a product key. Now you have to click on it and Do this later and then this can give it a few days. Then the Windows 10 will also activate automatically.
- Now the activation also servers that it might be overwhelmed at times. The reason is that the volume of upgrades so that it can give it some time if you can get an error message such as (0XC004E003, 0x8007000D, 0x8007232b, or 0x8007007B). By using Windows 10 will that can eventually activate as long as you upgrade using the appropriate method.
- So, there is no need to know your Windows 10 product key. In order to see that it is the Understanding Product Activation in Windows 10.
How To Active Product key If Windows Is Not Activated ( Windows 10):
So, in the previous versions, Windows also releases. If you can install an upgrade version of Windows. In this case, if you can also want to reinstall the upgrade version. Then you had first to reinstall the qualifying version from which you can upgrade and then reactivate it. This is which you can upgrade again and then reactivate again.
By using Windows 10 this is no longer the case. So, when you are upgrading to theWindows 10 and activated it. Then you can simply create a bootable copy on DVD or USB and then reinstall just Windows 10. By this, you do it without the need to reinstall the qualifying version and it will also reactivate it automatically. So, windows 10 can also register the device with the Product Activation Center. You can also keep a copy of your device’s activation in a Cloud Store. If you can perform and then reinstall or clean install the installation checks with the Activation Server. Then you can also detect the unique installation ID and then they can produce the validation for your device.
To Install the Windows 10 Build 10240 If Windows Is Not Activated:
In order to activate Windows 10, they can also build the 10240 (RTM). Then you must have to upgrade it from a previous qualifying operating system. So, this is genuine and activated. It can also include in the Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1, and Windows 10 Insider Previews.
In this case, if you are running in the Windows 10 Enterprise Preview. Then you can either need to stay in the Windows 10 Insider Preview Program. Also, you can activate it by using a product key from the Volume License Service Center (VLSC.) So, you are not eligible to be running Windows 10 Enterprise. We also suggest you make the preparations in order to roll back to the original version of Windows your system was licensed for. You just have to make sure that this is a reservation to upgrade to Windows 10.
Will I Perform a Clean Install Using the Free Upgrade?
Also, it will not require that you are running a previous qualifying version and then you can start the upgrade from within the qualifying version. Now you can also initiate a clean install after completing the Upgrade.
You just have to be aware that you cannot use the free upgrade. In order to offer it and then perform a clean install on the first attempt! Then you must have the first upgrade from the qualifying version of Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1. This is that you can do it through Windows Update or using the ISO file. You just have to make sure that the upgrade in order to complete it successfully and then ensure that it is activated. Now you can then proceed in order to do a clean install by using recovery media or using the Reset function. In order to start it, you have to click on the Start button. Then click on the Settings option. After that click on the Update & Security and then tap on the Recovery. At the end click on the Reset this PC option and Get Started.
What to do if Windows Is Not Activated?
In this case, if Windows 10 does not activate. Then this is even after and then detect on an active Internet Connection and then restart and try again. You just have to wait a few days and then Windows 10 should automatically activate itself.
Now I have to download the ISO file then the Windows 10 setup that is prompting me for a product key. So, this can also indicate the product key that does not work with this edition.
You just have to remember that the copy of Windows 10 that you can download. This must also correspond with the edition of Windows that you are upgrading from.
- By using the Windows 7 Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium, Windows 8.0 Core, Windows 8.1. This is a Core that must use as a Windows 10 Home ISO.
- In Windows 7 Professional, Windows 7 Ultimate, Windows 8.0 Pro, Windows 8.1 Pro this must use a Windows 10 Pro ISO.
- Now, you are currently installed copy of Windows must be activated. In this case, it is not and then you will be prompted to enter a product key.
- Also, you can use the Windows 7 Enterprise, Windows 8.0 Enterprise, Windows 8.1 Enterprise editions. This is that you won’t be able to use the free upgrade offer.
If the ‘Get Windows 10 App’ Indicates My License is not Activated:
In this step, again you must have to ensure that you are running a genuine activated copy of Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1.
Then you have to click on the Start button. Now right-click on the Computer having Windows 8 or later. Then you have to press a Windows key + X and then tap on the System option and then click on the Properties.
In order to check that you have to make sure that the Windows is activated.
So, I just upgrade this from an activated copy of Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1, and then I decide to reinstall by using either the ISO file and then Reset this PC, or Recovery drive, also if I am prompted to enter a product key:
You have to select this Do this later. By using Windows 10 it will automatically re-activate within a few days.
Now I just installed or reinstalled a preview build of Windows 10, and then I want you to upgrade to the final release, but it will not activate.
By using Microsoft it also has to suspend the Preview Builds. You can also deactivate their product keys at this time. Also, it means that you won’t be able to download, install, or activate older builds such as 10162 and 10166 or earlier builds. In order to qualify for the final release.
By using your best option in order to reinstall a valid license so that you have for either Windows 7, Windows 8.0, or Windows 8.1. You just have to make sure that it is activated and then it can upgrade it from that to Windows 10. In this case, you can also maintain your current activation in Windows 10 Preview. Then you should be able to upgrade it to the final release.
Ways that I can check my activation status after upgrading?
You just have to go to the Settings and then press on the Windows key + I. Then click on the Update & security. Now Tap on the Activation.
To Fix Windows 10 Activation Errors:
The Activation Error: 0XC004E003 . You have to wait a few days and then you can try it again or just leave it and that it can let it activate on its own. Now you can also activate the servers that might be overwhelmed.
To Contact the Microsoft Activation Center for further assistance:
You just have to try and then the appropriate phone number that can list here: So, the Microsoft Activation Centers Worldwide Telephone Numbers.
To Reset your license status:
- You have to Press on the Windows key + X. Then click on the Command Prompt Admin.
- By using the command prompt you just have to type the following commands:slmgr.VBS -rearm
- Then hit the Enter button that is available on your keyboard
- In order to exit the command prompt
- You have to restart your computer
- To enter the product key by using the instructions
To Use The Force activation:
- You just have to press on the Windows key + X. Then Click on the Command Prompt Admin.
- By using the command prompt you have to type the following commands: slmgr.VBS -ato
- After that, you have to hit on the Enter on your keyboard
- Then exit on the command prompt
- Now Restart your computer
To Scan for broken operating system files:
In this case, it can also try running the system file checker. So, the utility is to see if it might resolve any problems. So that it might be preventing product activation.
This issue that is below is more likely to affect retail bought and volume license clients.
- In case, if you are unable to enter the product key: Then press on the Windows key + X
- Now click on the Command Prompt (Admin)
- Using the command prompt you have to type the following commands:
- slmgr.VBS -ipk xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx that can allow you to replace the current product key with the specified.
- This xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx represents your product key
- Then you can hit on the Enter on your keyboard
- Now you can exit the command prompt
- After that, you can restart your computer
- In this step, you can try Activating again
Then You were never running a genuine Windows 7 or Windows 8 license.
- In this issue, it can particularly affect all the Windows 7 licenses. By this, you can also purchase it in your Windows 7 license from an auction website. So, such as eBay or Amazon. It is also possible that you might have mistakenly purchased a counterfeit copy. Also, you can determine this by the product ID which can determine your level of support.
- The 065, 066, 067, 068, 069 for Windows 7 Ultimate
- A 220, 221, 222 for Windows 7 Professional
- Having 230, 231, 221, 232 for Windows 7 Home Premium
- You just have to click on the Start button and then right-click on the Computer
- Now click on the Properties
- After that scroll down in order to Windows Activation and then look at the PID. Now this will also look something like the following 12345-067-1234567-54321. Then the portion that you can take interest in is the three-digit section. So, if it can match or is within one or two digits of the examples above that you can probably have an MSDN or TechNet key.
All About The MSDN or TechNet Product Keys
So, this is for genuine Microsoft product keys and then they are actually retail licenses. The reason is that it can intend for a particular product channel. Now, this can either the Microsoft Software Developer Network (MSDN) or TechNet for IT Professionals. So, this can also pay a subscription fee. However, these licenses can intend into it for evaluation purposes. So, this is the great thing that is about them and it is unlike trial Microsoft software and then they do not expire. The reason is that the agreement that is under by which the subscription that it can provide in a single license.
Also, none of the software can also distribute outside of it. By this, it is $50,000 worth of licenses, and it is for one person only to use and no one else. Sadly, regardless of the licensing terms that can individuals and still can abuse the program. So, this is either the giveaway of the product keys or resell them on auction sites. Using Microsoft licenses it in good faith that customers won’t do so.
MSDN licensed key:
In this case, you can also discover that your license is from MSDN or TechNet. By which you can probably happen is and then if you can buy an MSDN licensed key. So, that you can carry up to 10 activations and it can, unlike full packaged retail licenses. By which only carry 1 activation. So, the person who can sell it to and you can probably sell it to 10 other people. So, this is somewhere that is along the way and it is one of those persons who might have installed it on a second system and then activate it. The reason is that it also went to the past of the 10 activation threshold. So, Microsoft can detect that and it was abuse and block by the key from further use.
Then you can confirm that your software is genuine now. Now it is quick and easy.
You have to click on the Validate Windows button. So, that if you can use the validation check fails and then click on the Get Genuine button in order to get a WGA Kit.
By using Product Activation was the first that can be introduced into the Windows family. After the release of Windows XP in 2001. Now the Activation pairs of your product key with your computer. So, it can depend on the product channel from which the software was acquired.
Related Articles: Make a Bootable Windows SD Card or the Flash Drive
Hope you understand this article!