Windows Store Not Opening. How to fix it?
The store that is available in the windows can sometimes create problems in the windows store not opening. But you can fix that issue. Windows store is provided by the Microsoft official digital storefront that’s included with Windows 10 by default. Now you can easily find apps so that the software professional and personal devices resources, and games to download and use on your Windows device to use.
If you want to access the Microsoft Store then you can use the web version to browse through and find additional items. That items are exclusive to the web version. By using this way, you can also browse and install some free apps from the Microsoft Store without signing into Windows 10 computer. You can perform this by using your Microsoft Account. Also, the other way is to use the Store webpage for Windows apps.
If the challenge comes when you need some of the Windows apps. It is in which you are only exclusively available on the Microsoft Store. Sadly, the Windows Store won’t open. When you rounded up some helpful tips to show you what to do if the Windows Store not opening. In this article, you will learn how to resolve this issue in Windows 10.
- 1 To fix the issue when the Windows Store not Opening:
- 2 Solution no 1: To Check Your Computer’s Location, Date, And Time Settings
- 3 Solution no 2: To Clear The Windows Store Cache if windows store not opening:
- 4 Solution no 3: To Update Windows and Windows Store
- 5 Solution no 4: How to Reset Windows Store?
- 6 Solution no 5: Ways to Take Ownership Of The Windows App Folder:
- 7 Solution no 6: To Check Proxy Settings:
- 8 Solution no 7:How to Edit The Registry:
- 9 Solution no 8:How you can Change DNS Address:
- 10 Solution no 9:To Re-register Windows Store:
- 11 Solution no10:How to Reinstall Windows Store:
- 12 Solution no 11:How to Get Your Windows Store Back:
To fix the issue when the Windows Store not Opening:
First of all, you have to make sure that the fixes for the Windows Store not working or not opening issue. So, here are some of the things you can check for:
- You have to check if the windows are updated or not. Now check this by clicking on the Start button. Then click on the Settings and select the Update & Security option. Now select the Windows Update > Check for Update.
- Check whether you are signed in with a Microsoft Account or not
- If your GPU or video card drivers are up to date?
- The User Account Control enabled or not?
- Make sure you have any network connection problems?
In case, if all of the above things are confirmed and if the Windows Store not opening then you have to try the following solutions.
Solution no 1: To Check Your Computer’s Location, Date, And Time Settings
In case if your computer’s date and time are inaccurate then the Windows Store, not opening. Also, this process may sound odd but it affects how the Store starts working. If the Store boots up then it tracks time that’s why it is always checking to see if your computer’s time and the Store’s time are synchronized.
- You can check and adjust your date and time settings. Then click the Start button and then select Settings > Time & Language.
- Tap on Date & Time if you want to verify your computer’s date and time settings.
- Now toggle the Set the time automatically then slider to Off. You just have to wait for it to process your request then toggle it back to On. Due to this, it will update your time to the most accurate setting.
- The location settings will also need to be set to show your current location and time zone. The Windows Store, not opening will start and work as it should. Then click the Start button and then click on the Settings option. Now select the Time & Language.
- Tap on the Region to check your location.
- When the location, date, and time settings are accurate then you have to try opening the Windows Store again and see if it works.
Solution no 2: To Clear The Windows Store Cache if windows store not opening:
The cache of the Windows Store may become corrupted. Due to this, it can cause the Store not to open or work properly. Now you can clear the cache of the store that can help you to resolve any underlying issues or glitches.
- If you want to clear the Store cache then right-click on the Start button and then click on the Run option. Then type wsreset.exe and Press Enter or click OK.
- The Command Prompt window will appear and close after a few seconds. At this time, the cache will be reset again, and if the window closes then you can try to open the Windows Store again.
Solution no 3: To Update Windows and Windows Store
Microsoft can continuously provide updates and error fixes for Windows users. Also, in the Windows 10 updates, it may come to their to fix the thing you need to improve the Windows Store and get it working again.
- If you want to update Windows and the Windows Store then click on Start > Settings and then select Update & Security.
- Then tap on the Windows Update option. And then click on the Check for updates and then allow Windows to check for and install any pending updates.
- In case, if you manage to update Windows then try and open the Windows Store to update it. In case if the Store opens then click on the three dots at the top right side and then select Downloads and Updates. After that click on the Get updates to update the Store.
Solution no 4: How to Reset Windows Store?
After applying the above solutions if the Windows Store still not opening then you can reset it back to default settings. When you Reset the Windows Store it will also clear your settings, preferences, and login details among other things. The resetting process does not delete your purchases or installed apps.
- First of all, click on the Start button. Then click on the Settings option and then select Apps.
- Now click on the Microsoft Store.
- In the next step, click on the Advanced options.
- After that tap on the Reset. You will see this saying that the app’s data will be deleted.
- Then click on the Reset again.
Solution no 5: Ways to Take Ownership Of The Windows App Folder:
In the Windows App folder, you will see all the apps that are automatically installed on your hard drive. It is not just because of that that it is not easily accessible.
- Then if you are not the owner of the Windows App folder on your computer. Now in the Windows Store you may not work properly.
- So, you can also need to set yourself as the owner of the folder. This is because it has full control over it to allow the Store to open and work well.
- If you want to take ownership of the Windows App folder and you can now open File Explorer. You can also go back to the Local Disk (C): . After that click on the Program Files folder.
- Tap on the View tab and then select the Hidden Items to see the Windows App folder.
- In case, if you want to open the folder then right-click on it and select the Properties from the context menu.
- Then click on the Security tab in the Properties window and then click on Advanced.
- After that click on the Change link in the Advanced Security Settings.
- Now you can easily enter your administrator username in the Select User or Group window. Then you have to click on the CheckNames button, and then click on OK.
- If you want to apply the changes then select the Replace owner on sub containers and objects checkbox. By using this way you will be able to interact with other files and folders within the Windows App folder. So, you can now click on OK to save the changes.
When you take the ownership of the Windows App folder. You can now easily open it and check if you can launch the Windows Store.
Solution no 6: To Check Proxy Settings:
If the Windows Store not opening the it will not work well if your device’s network settings are configured incorrectly. It will also misconfigured the proxy settings that could affect the Windows Store.
You can resolve this problem and get the Windows Store working again. You can also disable the proxy and uninstall any VPN if you’ve installed one.
- First of all, check your proxy settings as well. Now you can do this by clicking on Start button. Then click on the Settings and then select the Network & Internet.
- Then select the Proxy option.
- In the Manual proxy setup you have to setup to Use a proxy server to Off. In this case, you can now easily try to open the Windows Store again.
Solution no 7:How to Edit The Registry:
In case, if your are trying to open the Windows Store and get a connection error. Then checking and editing the registry so that it will help prevent further problems that such errors can bring. You just have to make sure to backup the registry before making any changes there.
- Now Right-click on the Start button. So that you can Run it and type regedit in the Run box. Then click on the OK or press Enter to open the Registry Editor.
- You can also navigate to the folder path. Move to the network lists and then click on the profiles option.
- Then Right click on Profiles > Permissions.
- Now click on Advanced.
- You can now check the box of Replace all child object permission entries with inheritable permission entries from this object box. Then click on the OK button and then restart your computer. So, you can easily try to open the Windows Store again.
Solution no 8:How you can Change DNS Address:
Whenever you see the 0x80131500 error when trying to open the Windows Store. Now your computer is probably connecting to the internet via DNS servers. This process can assigned automatically by your home networking setup or your ISP.
- Then you can change the DNS server address by clicking Start . Then you can click on the Settings > Network & Internet . Now click on the Status > Change adapter options.
- You can Right-click on your network connection and then click on Properties.
- Now Scroll down and click IPV4 (Internet Protocol Version 4) and then select Properties.
- So, you can Use the following DNS addresses, and enter 184.108.40.206 in the Preferred DNS server box. After that click OK and then try to open the Windows Store again. Due to this process you can use CloudFlare for your DNS settings.
Solution no 9:To Re-register Windows Store:
Uninstalling Windows Store is not an easy way but you can re-register it on your computer.
- First of all, Right-click on the Start > Windows PowerShell (Admin).
- Then enter the following command and press Enter:
- Now Close the PowerShell and then try to open Windows Store again.
Solution no10:How to Reinstall Windows Store:
In this case, if all of the above solutions failed. Then you have to reinstall the Windows Store. Now you can also do this through Windows PowerShell.
- First of all Right-click on the Start button. Then click on the Windows PowerShell (Admin) and then type: get-appxpackage -allusers.
- Now Look for the Microsoft WindowsStore entry then go to the PackageFullName line and copy the information there to the clipboard. You will see something like this: Microsoft.WindowsStore_12007.1001.2.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe.
- You will see the Windows PowerShell then type remove-appxpackage followed by a space. Then you have to paste the PackageName you copied to the clipboard.
- After that press Enter to run the command.
- Then you can restart your computer and reinstall Windows Store. To do this, go back to PowerShell and type:
Solution no 11:How to Get Your Windows Store Back:
If you want to get your windows store back then you can also use the Xbox app to buy and run the same games you were running through the Store. In the Xbox apps they also offers other gamer-focused features along with the added perks of friend lists.
Related articles: How To Set Up Windows XP Emulator With Limbo
Windows store is provided by the Microsoft official digital storefront that’s included with Windows 10 by default. Now you can easily find apps so that the software professional and personal devices resources, and games to download and use on your Windows device to use. If you want to access the Microsoft Store then you can use the web version to browse through and find additional items. That items are exclusive to the web version.